Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds


CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect



Goto page 1, 2  Next  

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
RCO





Joined: 02 Mar 2009
Posts: 6694
Reputation: 239.1
votes: 3
Location: Ontario

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 7:05 pm    Post subject: Hudak top pick in Ontario Tory race poll Reply with quote

Hudak top pick in Ontario Tory race

By JENNY YUEN, SUN MEDIA



It's a close race between the four provincial Conservatives in their bid for the party's leadership title on June 27, according to an internal poll obtained exclusively by the Sun yesterday.

The survey asked party members for their top two choices of the candidates.

Erie-London MPP Tim Hudak was listed at the top with 26% for a first-choice candidate, followed by Whitby-Ajax MPP Christine Elliott at 22%. Newmarket-Aurora MPP Frank Klees was at 17% and Randy Hillier, who represents Lanark-Frontenac-Lennox and Addington, at 14%.

ELLIOTT 2ND PICK

Elliott was ranked at the top with 17% as a second-choice candidate, Hudak at 16%, Klees at 15% and Hillier at 7%.

The remaining percentages accounted for those who were either unavailable, didn't know who they're voting for or didn't want to be included in the survey.

A spokesman for Hudak was unavailable yesterday. But Elliott spokesman Catherine Pringle said: "We're very pleased to see these poll results as they confirm what Christine is hearing from party members."

The poll, done by Andre Turcotte of Carleton University, used data collected from 505 party members earlier this week.

Klees spokesman Sandra Buckler said their own internal polling shows Klees and Hudak virtually tied.

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Po.....6-sun.html
RCO





Joined: 02 Mar 2009
Posts: 6694
Reputation: 239.1
votes: 3
Location: Ontario

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not sure exactly who did this poll or how accurate it is , it maybe gives us a general idea of the mood of some party members . it also might mean that were headed to a second ballot as it doesn't look like any one of the 3 have enough support to win on the first ballot .
ezbeatz





Joined: 09 Oct 2008
Posts: 1140
Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5
votes: 10
Location: Vaughan, ON

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 8:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Hudak top pick in Ontario Tory race poll Reply with quote

RCO wrote:
Erie-London MPP Tim Hudak was listed at the top with 26% for a first-choice candidate, followed by Whitby-Ajax MPP Christine Elliott at 22%. Newmarket-Aurora MPP Frank Klees was at 17% and Randy Hillier, who represents Lanark-Frontenac-Lennox and Addington, at 14%.

ELLIOTT 2ND PICK

Elliott was ranked at the top with 17% as a second-choice candidate, Hudak at 16%, Klees at 15% and Hillier at 7%.


This is a really tight grouping. With preferential voting, it's anybody's game. Well, mainly Elliot and Hudak. Ultimately, I think it's going to come down to whose most electable.

Quote:
Klees spokesman Sandra Buckler said their own internal polling shows Klees and Hudak virtually tied.


Wishful thinking.
Northern Ontario Tory





Joined: 31 Jan 2008
Posts: 567
Reputation: 44.4Reputation: 44.4Reputation: 44.4Reputation: 44.4
votes: 5

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure how valid or accurate that poll is since no details are given on the methodology. As I understand it, it is not the total number of votes that a candidate receives that counts. Points are awarded to each candidate based on the votes they receive in each riding. It will be meaningless if a candidate has the most memberships if they are only concentrated in 20 or 30 ridings.
FF_Canuck





Joined: 02 Sep 2006
Posts: 3360
Reputation: 73.4
votes: 17
Location: Southern Alberta

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same concerns about the methodology. That said, I'm pretty sure the Ontario PCs are running a one member, one vote contest with STV ballots. Which, if these numbers are close to accurate, suggests that Hillier and Klees second choices may not be sufficient to choose a winner. There might be a second ballot.
cosmostein





Joined: 04 Oct 2006
Posts: 7510
Reputation: 300.6Reputation: 300.6
votes: 21
Location: The World

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds about right.
Although I will admit I am surprised by the amount of support both Klees and Hiller have.

My leaning is Klees or Hudak right now, with the alternative as my second choice and Hiller a third, I would imagine it will take at least two rounds.
marklar





Joined: 03 Oct 2007
Posts: 186
Reputation: 38.5Reputation: 38.5Reputation: 38.5Reputation: 38.5
votes: 1
Location: Toronto, Ontario

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Hudak top pick in Ontario Tory race poll Reply with quote

ezbeatz wrote:
RCO wrote:
Erie-London MPP Tim Hudak was listed at the top with 26% for a first-choice candidate, followed by Whitby-Ajax MPP Christine Elliott at 22%. Newmarket-Aurora MPP Frank Klees was at 17% and Randy Hillier, who represents Lanark-Frontenac-Lennox and Addington, at 14%.

ELLIOTT 2ND PICK

Elliott was ranked at the top with 17% as a second-choice candidate, Hudak at 16%, Klees at 15% and Hillier at 7%.


This is a really tight grouping. With preferential voting, it's anybody's game. Well, mainly Elliot and Hudak. Ultimately, I think it's going to come down to whose most electable.

Quote:
Klees spokesman Sandra Buckler said their own internal polling shows Klees and Hudak virtually tied.


Wishful thinking.


I'm pretty sure they'd be using their internal lists for the survey, made up of members/donors to that campaign, so of course it would show Klees in the lead. Anyone's internal polling would be horribly biased.
SFrank85





Joined: 03 Mar 2007
Posts: 2269
Reputation: 59.8
votes: 4
Location: Toronto - Scarborough Southwest

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will be an interesting race, and it will be a long night counting those ballots!
arnab





Joined: 29 May 2009
Posts: 45
Reputation: 2.2Reputation: 2.2
Location: Scarborough - Rouge River (Toronto)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New poll shows Eliott is the front runner
http://www.nationalpost.com/ne.....id=1656671

I am supporting Hudak but I don't mind Eliott either. Both are better than John Tory.
marklar





Joined: 03 Oct 2007
Posts: 186
Reputation: 38.5Reputation: 38.5Reputation: 38.5Reputation: 38.5
votes: 1
Location: Toronto, Ontario

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

arnab wrote:

Both are better than John Tory.


That's setting the bar pretty low.
Simeon Drakich





Joined: 29 Jan 2009
Posts: 6
Reputation: 7.2Reputation: 7.2Reputation: 7.2Reputation: 7.2Reputation: 7.2Reputation: 7.2Reputation: 7.2

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just was polled by a Christine Elliott campaign worker, the questions asked were of both Randy's and Christine's platforms.
Things are looking better and better for Randy.
Mac





Joined: 02 Sep 2006
Posts: 5500
Reputation: 104
votes: 35
Location: John Baird's riding...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marklar wrote:
arnab wrote:

Both are better than John Tory.


That's setting the bar pretty low.

If I had to choose between John Tory and a fresh box of pencils.... I hope someone can loan me a sharpener.

-Mac
ezbeatz





Joined: 09 Oct 2008
Posts: 1140
Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5
votes: 10
Location: Vaughan, ON

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mac wrote:
If I had to choose between John Tory and a fresh box of pencils.... I hope someone can loan me a sharpener.

-Mac


If I had to choose between John Tory and a kick in the head then I'd choose...dammit, a kick in the head!
Mac





Joined: 02 Sep 2006
Posts: 5500
Reputation: 104
votes: 35
Location: John Baird's riding...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ezbeatz wrote:
If I had to choose between John Tory and a kick in the head then I'd choose...dammit, a kick in the head!


Link

Listen carefully to whom the estate is finally bequeathed...

-Mac
arnab





Joined: 29 May 2009
Posts: 45
Reputation: 2.2Reputation: 2.2
Location: Scarborough - Rouge River (Toronto)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Tory made McGuinty look like a hero last election.
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 2

Goto page 1, 2  Next  


 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum


Hudak top pick in Ontario Tory race poll

phpBBCopyright 2001, 2005 phpBB