Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ezbeatz

Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5
votes: 10

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 4:04 pm    Post subject: Pro-American Hockey Show Reply with quote

Hey guys, not sure if this was relevant but it was nice to see anyways. There was a show on CTV from 3-5pm on Sunday May 10, 2009 called "Sticks and Stones". The show is based around an American pee-wee hockey team coming to Montreal for a tournament during the Iraq war and having their anthem boo and flagged burned. They went backed and said they would never come back to Canada.

One of the Canadian pee-wee hockey players wanted to mend fences by inviting the American team to New Brunswick for a friendly tournament. To make a long story short the American team managed to come back to Canada and it was a big deal.

The former PC Premier of NB Bernard Lord was in it and they also had the Stanley Cup. It was pro-American.

Not something you'd ever find on CBC. I wish the cultural community of Canada would make more stuff like this. It's a shame that so much anti-Americanism saturates that industry but it was nice to see CTV at least do that.
SFrank85

votes: 4

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember that incident. It was truly disgusting, but not surprising to see it coming from Montreal.
Ken Scheffler

votes: 3

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's never right to show that sort of disrespect, but in all fairness, there have been, I believe, similar incidents pre-dating this in which Canada was accorded similar disrespect by American fans. One can't help but think that this all originates in a generally indifferent and sometimes ignorant attitude that Americans have towards Canada and Canadians, and the sometimes heavy-handed manner in which the US government deals with Canada.

"I am not anti-American. But I am strongly pro-Canadian." ~~ John Diefenbaker

Jump to: