Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next  

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who do you think will win the 2009 GE in N.S.?
PC
26%
 26%  [ 6 ]
NDP
52%
 52%  [ 12 ]
Liberal
21%
 21%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 23

ezbeatz

Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5
votes: 10

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 4:21 pm    Post subject: 2009 Nova Scotia Election Reply with quote

Just in, MacDonald's minority PC party just lost a budget vote. There is now going to be a provincial election in Nova Scotia.

p.s. Nova Scotia is one of those odd provinces where the vote usually splits three ways resulting in endless minority governments.
ezbeatz

Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nova Scotia's minority Tory government falls
ezbeatz

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The election is scheduled for June 9th.
NorthernRaven

votes: 2

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The NDP will pull off a minority. The ammount of split votes between the Liberals and PCer's will allow the NDP to gain more seat outside of Halifax, Cape Breton, and South Shore. The provincial Liberals are simply embarrasing themselves in this campaign.
JDot

votes: 5

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have a clue I am from Ontario(GTA), I do like Rodney tho. I hope he pulls out a win.

He handled his dealings with the feds well IMHO. Came out tough againts the feds over the alantic accord, and got a better deal.

But frankly, I do not have a sniff when it comes to eastern politics.. 8)
RCO

votes: 3

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well really not sure what is going to happen there , it was before today's vote a very tight parliament with pc's and ndp very close to the same number of seats , with liberals basically limited to a few seats .

also need to put into account that the ndp has never before actually formed a provincial government on the east coast ( and last one formed/ only other ? in eastern canada was 1990 ontario ndp government ) and in the last federal election the ndp polled very well in Nova Scotia and got alot of votes yet won 2 seats .

the pc's have alot of history there and strong in many of the rural areas but not so much in halifax or sydney . Rodney Mcdonald seems personally popular but not sure that will be enough .

so i'm really not sure who is going to win there , its very early .
Hasdrubal

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last check the NDP were leading the polls, so if this trends continues then it will a disasterous day for Nova Scotia & an indication of how the federal election will go.
optimus2861

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The NDP will win because Rodney MacDonald and those idiots calling themselves Progressive Conservatives are clowns unfit for power. I wish it wasn't so, because the wreckage the NDP will unleash on this province will bankrupt it for generations. The auto insurers will probably be kicked out to make way for public auto insurance, minimum wages jacked, labour regulations overhauled to make it a union-friendly province (look out, Michelin!), enviro-nut policies...

God help this province.
Mac

votes: 35

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another election... Just what NS needs right now... Ah well!!

-Mac
Big Tuna

votes: 6

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow

http://thechronicleherald.ca/Front/9011876.html

Quote:
Nova Scotia Conservatives are pledging to introduce a curfew for children 15 and under that would keep them off the streets between 1 a.m. and 6 a.m.

Premier Rodney MacDonald says the goal is to keep streets safe.

The Tory campaign proposal would impose fines of up to $500 on parents of unattended children.

MacDonald says he can't think of any reason for a child that young to be out on the streets at that time.

He says in most cases police would simply take the young person home and explain the rules to the parents.

However, he says if they have to make several trips to the same home then the fine could be imposed.
ezbeatz

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Tuna wrote:
Nova Scotia Conservatives are pledging to introduce a curfew for children 15 and under that would keep them off the streets between 1 a.m. and 6 a.m.

Premier Rodney MacDonald says the goal is to keep streets safe.

The Tory campaign proposal would impose fines of up to $500 on parents of unattended children.

MacDonald says he can't think of any reason for a child that young to be out on the streets at that time.

He says in most cases police would simply take the young person home and explain the rules to the parents.

However, he says if they have to make several trips to the same home then the fine could be imposed.

Are you sure PC doesn't stand for Progressive Communist?
Hasdrubal

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually the NS election is an indicator that if the NDP do win this election which they are expected to that there is something very wrong with the political system. In truth Nova Scotians do not understand what the conservative brand is all about, when you have the PC party running from the centre left you are going to get the results you do at the federal level. And as a result the NS election going to the NDP serves Iggy very well & points to the fact that Harper maylikely be in his last few months of being the Prime Minister of Canada.

What this says about Nova Scotians is the fact they don't know what true conservatism & with little choices they vote for what they know, & until a real conservative party is formed where it touches a nerve by advocating bluenose sovereignty, lower taxes, more business friendly, & pro Canada it will be typical to see the average Nova Scotian leaning towards the left.
IanM

votes: 7

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm conservative, as my posts have shown.

However, out of sheer disgust of the center ism of the provincial conservative party, I feel that the liberals are the further right alternative.

The problem is that Nova Scotian Politics is retail, its also involves pandering and long time incumbents who are far past retirement age, such as in my district.......

If anything, the Provincial Party needs to take a swing to the right, at least on economics and tell people that big business and free market economics will save them, not this pandering......

The debate, at least the first one made me want to cry or throw up or something, what did you think of them from the South Shore Hasdrubal?
Big Tuna

votes: 6

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hasdrubal wrote:

What this says about Nova Scotians is the fact they don't know what true conservatism & with little choices they vote for what they know, & until a real conservative party is formed where it touches a nerve by advocating bluenose sovereignty, lower taxes, more business friendly, & pro Canada it will be typical to see the average Nova Scotian leaning towards the left.

They should advocate bluenose sovereignty and be pro Canada? I think you're as mixed up as the political philosophies around here.

The bunch of clowns in the NS PC party are totally useless. They need to get people with vision who actually want to do something with the province and who are not just there for their paycheck.

McNeil is the only one showing any sort of vision right now though at least Dexter seems to genuinely care about the province and is the strongest cheerleader of fiscal discipline.

Either way this government better change.

I wish one of the parties would mention a plan for getting us out of "have-not" status or at least mention that as a goal to work towards.
IanM

votes: 7

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone read the Nova Scotia Liberal Party platform?

Best I've seen so far, rather than the nanny state proposals from the Progressive Conservative party.

I am really worried about this Nova Scotia Pension Plan system, look at the problems with the Quebec Pension Plan Scheme? Also, I hope they aren't talking about a universal pension plan, because I'm sorry, I plan for my retirement, as well as my savings, even though I'm in my early twenties, I still made sure to think about it, and have done serious planning in regards to it.

The other thing I would have liked to see is more discussion in expansion of gambling in order to fund government, as well as lotteries, with of course appropriate reduction of taxes, same with using bond measures to fund infrastructure.

I do like their idea for green power generation, however I'd like to see more movement towards tax incentives for solar panels, solar water heaters and the discussion of nuclear power generation, as I don't think Hydroelectric is an option.

Big Tuna, I think what Hasdrubal is saying is we should look at Sean Graham and how he wants an independent prosperous New Brunswick in the future, which is something that I would like to see as well. We can accomplish this of course by reducing the tax to two, and then to a single flat tax rate, as well as offering massive tax incentives a-la the Shannon free zone to businesses to invest.

Its sad to say, but the Provincial Liberal parties across Canada, NS, NB and BC at least seem to be the more conservative ones.

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next  

Jump to: