Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DavidK

votes: 5

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:58 pm    Post subject: So I get an email today... Reply with quote

About the Ontario PC Leadership Convention -

It says something about MARKHAM on Thursday, June 4th and OTTAWA Thursday, June 10th - Whats that about?

Then it says "Visit OntarioPC.com after May 7th for more details and tickets"

This is one convention you don’t want to miss! The excitement begins with a reception hosted by Party President Ken Zeise on June 26th at 7pm - all members are welcome.

The convention officially gets underway at 10am on Saturday, June 27th.

So what is with the two Thursdays prior to the 26th? - And how come when I call the host hotel they cant give me the convention rate or even confirm the dates booked?

The email said we could call for reservations and we could get the special rate... What gives?

AND When I call the PCs, I get voice mail only!
SFrank85

votes: 4

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leadership Debates
The Ontario PC Party will be hosting 4 all candidate leadership debates. In addition, TV Ontario will be airing a televised debate on their weekly program ‘The Agenda’. Plan on attending one of the Leadership debates in your area:

LONDON
Thursday, May 21st

SUDBURY
Wednesday, May 27th

MARKHAM
Thursday, June 4th

OTTAWA
Thursday, June 10th

Visit OntarioPC.com after May 7th for more details and tickets.

Leadership Convention & John Tory Tribute
This is one convention you don’t want to miss! The excitement begins with a reception hosted by Party President Ken Zeise on June 26th at 7pm - all members are welcome.

The convention officially gets underway at 10am on Saturday, June 27th. Throughout the day, you’ll hear from our special guest speaker, join in the tribute to John Tory and hear the live riding by riding ballot results. The Tory Tuck Shop's wide range of Ontario PC merchandise and apparel will also be available at the convention. The day concludes with a reception to celebrate the new Leader of the Ontario PC Party and the next Premier of Ontario.

The Leadership Convention will be held at the Hilton Suites, Markham Conference Centre located at 8500 Warden Avenue in Markham. Starting today, you can purchase convention tickets online for $99 by clicking here. Tax receipts will be issued. Tickets are limited so get yours early to avoid disappointment.

Hotel rooms are also available at the Hilton Suites. For reservations call 1.800.668.8800 and be sure to ask for the special Ontario PC Party rate (breakfast and parking are included in this special price).
DavidK

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK so that just proves that I jumped the gun in reading EVERYTHING in the email! - Sorry, and thanks SFrank!

But I still called the hotel and was unable to make a reservation under the convention rate and I want to know why. The hotel said it had something to do with an incomplete guest list from the party.
SFrank85

votes: 4

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DavidK wrote:
OK so that just proves that I jumped the gun in reading EVERYTHING in the email! - Sorry, and thanks SFrank!

But I still called the hotel and was unable to make a reservation under the convention rate and I want to know why. The hotel said it had something to do with an incomplete guest list from the party.

That does sound weird. I know that the Party HQ is on voice mail, but maybe you should contact your nearest PC MPP, or contact the campaign of your choice to find out why.
DavidK

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got it sorted - Now I just have to figure out how im going to pay lol

$125/night doesn't seem like much of a deal when a standard room is $119 *before taxes* So you're paying over $270 for a room plus $99 for the ticket.

So that's like $369+Tax.

A deal would be say even $85 for the room so $170 and the ticket at $90 - whats that? $270?

Jump to: