Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page 1, 2  Next  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RCO

votes: 3

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:11 am    Post subject: Grits, NDP say Tories 'hostile' to CBC Reply with quote

Grits, NDP say Tories 'hostile' to CBC

By ALTHIA RAJ, NATIONAL BUREAU

The Ottawa Sun

OTTAWA -- Heritage Minister James Moore fought back accusations yesterday the Conservatives are "openly hostile" towards the CBC.

Arriving to testify before a committee of MPs studying the future of the television industry, Moore was greeted by opposition MPs who presented him with two boxes filled with petitions containing 100,000 signatures in support of the public broadcaster.

Liberal and NDP MPs accused the Tories of being more interested in discussing CBC expenses and salaries than in helping the broadcaster avoid cuts to local programming.

'NOD AND WINK'

NDP heritage critic Charlie Angus accused the Conservatives of refusing to help the Crown corporation and focusing attention on the private broadcasters.

"It seems to me that with a nod and wink you've been standing back watching CBC stumble through its crisis, either through the incompetence of your government or willingness," he said, pointing to a recent government decision to deny the CBC a bridge loan.

Not true, said Moore, who insisted the Conservatives have "a very strong and healthy working relationship" with the CBC.

"The decision that was made was entirely, in my judgment, in the best interest of taxpayers, the best interest of the corporation and the best interest, long term ... of the broadcasting industry."

Moore commended the public broadcaster for "leading the way" on the multimedia front, adding that he watches and listens to many CBC podcasts

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Po.....1-sun.html
RCO

votes: 3

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hostile to the CBC ? i wonder why that might be the case . could it be cecause the CBC is hostile to the conservatives in general ? and seen as a left wing supporting broadcaster .
SFrank85

votes: 4

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish the Conservative government were hostile towards the Mother Corp.
RuralandRight

Reputation: 41.5Reputation: 41.5Reputation: 41.5Reputation: 41.5
votes: 5

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to see the CPC hostile to CBC the tune of removing 1.1 billion tax dollars of funding.
Craig
Site Admin

Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8
votes: 36

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the age of the internet who needs the CBC?

1 out of 100 shows they produce are worth a damn. In this day and age can we really afford to produce 100 shows in the hope that 1 of them will be tolerable to Canadians?
Mac

votes: 35

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wouldn't it be fun to analyze those claimed 100K signatures and see just how many of them are duplicates, non-residents of Canada or fictional "citizens"?

Although the pro-CBC quacks who authored the petition would never ask such a question, I wonder just how many of the signatories are Liberal voters?

-Mac
Hasdrubal

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mac wrote:
Wouldn't it be fun to analyze those claimed 100K signatures and see just how many of them are duplicates, non-residents of Canada or fictional "citizens"?

Although the pro-CBC quacks who authored the petition would never ask such a question, I wonder just how many of the signatories are Liberal voters?

-Mac

Who care about 100,00 signitures? Surely it does make the news because it's a bunch of proponents, but wait how many people have signed the anti CBC petition? I guess we will only hear crickets in the background.
Mac

votes: 35

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hasdrubal wrote:
Who care about 100,00 signitures? Surely it does make the news because it's a bunch of proponents, but wait how many people have signed the anti CBC petition? I guess we will only hear crickets in the background.

Yes, but "dog bites man" isn't a newsworthy story... and apparently "No-one really likes the CBC" isn't either.

-Mac
melwilde

votes: 2

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 100k petition sounds like their viewing audience. The CBC is disgusting waste of everyone's tax dollars! I went click a hell of a lot of years ago.
mrsocko

votes: 8

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The book "Through a Lens Darkly" surveyed the CBC and found the respondents all despised conservatives(the right). The book also said that CTV and CAnwest were on the most part very balanced in their reporting.

Pray for a majority.
FF_Canuck

votes: 17

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrsocko wrote:
The book "Through a Lens Darkly" surveyed the CBC and found the respondents all despised conservatives(the right). The book also said that CTV and CAnwest were on the most part very balanced in their reporting.

Pray for a majority.

I'm assuming this is the book: LINK ?
Looks interesting, but from the description it is more about bias against Christians than against conservatism - or does Coren cover both?
Forward

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Grits, NDP say Tories 'hostile' to CBC Reply with quote

RCO wrote:
Grits, NDP say Tories 'hostile' to CBC

So? :roll:
chrisreid

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Conservative caucus shouldn't be trying to defend the CBC, they should be proud if someone accuses them of being "hostile" to the CBC..

Does the caucus even see how they are being pushed around by the left and being made to look like fools? Everytime the Liberals and NDP accuse them of being right-wing, the CPC goes all out to show that they aren't right wing. The left gets what they want, with even a conservative party in power, and small-c conservatives still get left with nothing.
melwilde

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you chrisreid. You have summed it up perfectly.
mel
RedCloudWulf

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:54 am    Post subject: CBC Reply with quote

The CBC.I mean seriously.Hockey was all it is good for.Good thing for the internet.

Goto page 1, 2  Next  

Jump to: