Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page 1, 2  Next  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DavidK

votes: 5

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:19 pm    Post subject: Miss USA California Responds To Gay Marriage Question Reply with quote

Link

And she's labeled Public Enemy Number One.

So this woman, is asked a question on her personal views expresses them, says that she is not meaning to offend anyone and yet becomes the brunt of attack because she supports traditional values.

Was her answer appropriate? Or is Carrie Prejean just a horrible person?
SFrank85

votes: 4

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems like Perez Hilton is the jerk in all of this. He is always trying to stir up something just to remain relevant.
SFrank85

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plus, with all do respect, I am sure Miss California is not the best versed on political issues.
DavidK

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SFrank85 wrote:
Plus, with all do respect, I am sure Miss California is not the best versed on political issues.

I love hpw we live in a time where almost EVERYTHING we say is viewed as a political statement! Can't people disagree with something without being seen as having accusations of some underlining politically motivated message?

I know people that disagree and agree with gay marriage, not because it's a political issue, but because they just believe what they believe!

The woman told the truth, and now she's paying for it.
FF_Canuck

votes: 17

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought it was a pretty graceful way of answering the question, that took an actual position, whether or not you agreed with her particular stance.
Hasdrubal

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They had no business even asking that question to this woman. :idea: Hubba hubba :P
RuralandRight

Reputation: 41.5Reputation: 41.5Reputation: 41.5Reputation: 41.5

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't usually bother with blurbs on stars and hollywood stuff, but I had a look at what was said.

Quote:
Hilton: "Vermont recently became the fourth state to legalize same-sex marriage. Do you think every state should follow suit? Why or why not?"

Prejean: "I think it's great that Americans are able to choose one or the other. We live in a land that you can choose same-sex marriage or opposite marriage and, you know what, in my country and my family I think that I believe that a marriage should be between a man and a woman. No offense to anyone out there but that's how I was raised and that's how I think it should be between a man and a woman."

Hilton (video blog): "She gave the worst answer in pageant history," he fumed. "She got booed. I think that was the first time in Miss USA EVER that a contestant has been booed.

"She lost not because she doesn't believe in gay marriage. Miss California lost because she's a dumb bitch."

Link

And her gracefull reply to the Video attack...
Quote:
Prejean: “I feel like I won. I feel like I’m the winner. I really do,” she said, noting that today she had 1,000 messages on Facebook and 2,000 friend requests.

She added that her answer "did cost me my crown. I wouldn’t have had it any other way. I said what I feel. I stated an opinion that was true to myself and that’s all I can do.

"It is a very touchy subject and he [Perez] is a homosexual and I see where he was coming from and I see the audience would’ve wanted me to be more politically correct. But I was raised in a way that you can never compromise your beliefs and your opinions for anything."

Check out the Queen vs queen poll on the Stargazing site...

http://www.kansascity.com/star.....51831.html
FF_Canuck

votes: 17

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RuralandRight wrote:
Hilton (video blog): "She gave the worst answer in pageant history," he fumed. "She got booed. I think that was the first time in Miss USA EVER that a contestant has been booed.

I watched the first clip again, just to make sure. If there was booing, I didn't hear it. She was for the most part applauded and cheered for her answer. Hilton is being a little Goebbelsesque there.
RuralandRight

Reputation: 41.5Reputation: 41.5Reputation: 41.5Reputation: 41.5

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't hear booing either, just cheering.

The Poll on the star site seems to cheer also

Quote:
Queen vs. Queen: Who won?
Miss California for speaking her mind
1620 78%

Perez Hilton for asking a tough question
197 9%

They both blew it
258 12%

Total Votes: 2075
SFrank85

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DavidK wrote:
SFrank85 wrote:

I love hpw we live in a time where almost EVERYTHING we say is viewed as a political statement! Can't people disagree with something without being seen as having accusations of some underlining politically motivated message?

I know people that disagree and agree with gay marriage, not because it's a political issue, but because they just believe what they believe!

The woman told the truth, and now she's paying for it.

Your right. However I believe that question should not have been asked at a beauty pageant. A beauty pageant is a beauty pageant, not a political rally or a ethical protest.
Wog

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought her answer was excellent, and if you listen afterwards there is more cheering for her answer than there was when hilton asked the question.

Aslo, the little dirt bag called her a "dumb bitch" on that blog post. How is that not making more news? It seems to me that the only intolerance on display came exclusively from him.

Total disgrace! He had better not be a judge next year (I doubt he will be).

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to request to be her friend on facebook and email CFRB to get his show off their station.
Forward

votes: 2

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought her answer was excellent and courageous as well. If only canukistan politicians had the courage this beautiful woman has.

As for Perez Hilton.....(Is that ACTUALLY that little faggot's name? :shock: -- wow-- It can't be. :cry: ) .... why would an asshole ask such a question? He should work for a canukistan newspaper. He's pretty much as cheap and classless.

I also listened for boos & cheers. I heard about 5 or 6 people cheer when turd tamper asked his cheap shot question. I heard many people cheer when she answered.

Comparing the two.....He's a weaselly little P.O.S.

She is a truthful young lady worthy of respect.

Hey, gay rights lobby, you really have petty little slimes like this in your corner? Yeah, THAT speaks volumes right there.

Last edited by Forward on Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:42 pm; edited 2 times in total
Craig
Site Admin

Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8
votes: 36

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bravo - that took real courage.
Zephyr

Reputation: 8.8Reputation: 8.8Reputation: 8.8Reputation: 8.8Reputation: 8.8Reputation: 8.8Reputation: 8.8Reputation: 8.8
votes: 2

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a strong believer in freedom-- freedom for minorities to live their lives, and freedom for Christians to practise their faith. I think Miss California showed dignity in her answer. Mr. Hilton did not show an equivalent degree of class.
SFrank85

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can only hope Perez Hilton disappears into obscurity.

Goto page 1, 2  Next  

Jump to: