Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page Previous  1, 2  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Forward

votes: 2

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been my experience that whenever someone on a conservative discussion forum defends the MSM against an accusation of widespread Liberal bias then THAT DEFENDER is almost invariably a MEMBER of the MSM (whether they admit it at the time or not) or a Liberal.

I wonder what group is/are represented on this thread?

Last edited by Forward on Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Forward

votes: 2

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan wrote:
His columns are opinion. He can write whatever he wants. His job is NOT to make sure he doesn't offend a certain demographic on a right wing message board with delicate sensibilities.

Ugh... such a silly thread... as if every decision news media makes can be boiled down to a liberal bias. And what the hell do we even mean by liberal. Are we talking big-L liberal, or the way liberal is used in the United States?

No shit most people in the media do not agree with a Conservative movement based mostly in rural Canada, Calgary, and with Mike Harris Conservatives.

So, Dan which one are you, a journalist or Liberal? (Like there's a difference :roll: )

As far as your arrogant, dismissive attitude toward western Canada - please I hope you continue it.

May I direct your attention to the western separatist thread that played out a few days ago . . . .

If you arrogant eastern, Liberal shits think that western separatism will never be a threat I BEG TO DIFFER. :twisted: http://www.bloggingtories.ca/f.....75-15.html Confederation has an Achille's heel. .......
Dan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SFrank85 wrote:
Dan wrote:
His columns are opinion. He can write whatever he wants. His job is NOT to make sure he doesn't offend a certain demographic on a right wing message board with delicate sensibilities.

Ugh... such a silly thread... as if every decision news media makes can be boiled down to a liberal bias. And what the hell do we even mean by liberal. Are we talking big-L liberal, or the way liberal is used in the United States?

No shit most people in the media do not agree with a Conservative movement based mostly in rural Canada, Calgary, and with Mike Harris Conservatives.

Opinion, yes, but that does not preclude him from getting his facts right before he puts them down on paper, and releases it for the whole world to see. He only makes assumptions. Where is the substance?

Substance? From a columnist? Politics is a very long game, and these people have to write something every couple of days. No easy task.
Dan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forward wrote:
Dan wrote:

So, Dan which one are you, a journalist or Liberal? (Like there's a difference :roll: )

As far as your arrogant, dismissive attitude toward western Canada - please I hope you continue it.

May I direct your attention to the western separatist thread that played out a few days ago . . . .

If you arrogant eastern, Liberal shits think that western separatism will never be a threat I BEG TO DIFFER. :twisted: http://www.bloggingtories.ca/f.....75-15.html Confederation has an Achille's heel. .......

Huh? Dismissive towards western Canada? Sometimes where I live is included in "western canada."
Mac

votes: 35

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No need for personal attacks, folks. Let's keep focused on the issues, not each other.

Out of curiosity, how many of you find it bizarre that putting the word "opinion" gives columnists free licence to write whatever kind of rhetoric they want? Mind you, some so-called journalists bring as much spin to their reporting as the most biased of columnists...

-Mac
RCO

votes: 3

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan wrote:

his colums are nothing but pure slander against stephen harper and the conservatives , there is little facts or truth included in them . just a bunch of what if's and ideas he has pulled out of thin air , i'd like to know who if anyone he has really interviewed before he writes this crap .
Rusty Bedsprings

votes: 5

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
Quote:
Out of curiosity, how many of you find it bizarre that putting the word "opinion" gives columnists free licence to write whatever kind of rhetoric they want? Mind you, some so-called journalists bring as much spin to their reporting as the most biased of columnists...

Well it's not like they even have to say it's there opinion anyway, they just say what ever the hell they read in there alphabets that morning.
SFrank85

votes: 4

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan wrote:
SFrank85 wrote:
Dan wrote:

Opinion, yes, but that does not preclude him from getting his facts right before he puts them down on paper, and releases it for the whole world to see. He only makes assumptions. Where is the substance?

Substance? From a columnist? Politics is a very long game, and these people have to write something every couple of days. No easy task.

And I am sure he gets paid very well for an article with less than 500 words. It still does not mitigate your responsibility to come up with substance in your columns.

Goto page Previous  1, 2  

Jump to: