Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RCO

votes: 3

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:10 pm    Post subject: Are they trying to undermine the conservatives thru polls ? Reply with quote

during my routine my this morning of checking various news and all i came across another new poll , which not surprisingly was close and gave the liberals a 2 % margin of error lead . but of course the whole way the article is written was highly negative to the cpc and you'd think the sky was falling it you took what they said seriously .

but it seems like some of the media and pollsters are attempting to undermine the conservative government by releasing these polls which are no doubt intended to help the struggling liberals gain support and new candidates . it appears there trying to weaken away the advantage the conservatives have by being in government and create this imaginary liberal alternative lead by ignatieff . by doing this it puts doubt into peoples mind as to who will be the next government and weakens the advantage the conservatives have as the incumbent government .
DavidK

votes: 5

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I disagree with the average Liberal Supporter, I tend to think that the Liberals that actually follow their party and believe in their party, they will see Iggy for what he is: Dion 2.0!

Heís a new face, a new voice, but in reality the LPC hasnít gotten anything new from their Leader and Canadian of Convenience. Polls can say whatever you want them to say, statistics can look however you want them to look. It is the people on the ground that matter, not the polls.
RCO

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry i forgot to include the article and poll
http://www.theglobeandmail.com.....itics/home

well i agree there using the polls to say whatever they want and even in the polls where the cpc was ahead they'd write up negative articles , the previous one from this same company focused on quebec and was all negative on the cpc chances there , then this poll shifts over to ontario . but it just seems like its intentional and part of an effort to weaken and undermine the conservative government in a way that favours the liberals , they are trying to show them as a winning party and one capable of beating us . even though they just lost an election and only won 77 seats .

my fear is that this wil all lead to another attempt at overthrowing the government , as there coalition idea failed , there next attempt is no doubt going to be an election when they feel its in there best interest . although the average joe's don't really want one and would see it as a waste of money .

the conservatives need to go after the liberals and demonstate that they aren't going to be able to fix the economy and that its a global problem not caused by the government . harper also needs to become more visible and get out there and get to some events and be seen with average canadians . also needs to show that he is listening to there concerns about the economy . maybe he could hold a few town halls ? that might be a possible idea
905 Tory

votes: 2

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These polls are meaningless to me. One week they are up, the next they are up. Who cares anyways. The election isn't until at least fall. By then we all know this: Jack Layton will call Harper to bail out everything, Gilles Duceppe call for English to be outlawed in Quebec, Ignatieff will choose 50 new positions to support. Just sit back and watch the opposition collapse.
Cool Blue

votes: 10

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget that a couple polls showed Dion ahead of Harper too...
fiscalconservative

Reputation: 49.9Reputation: 49.9Reputation: 49.9Reputation: 49.9Reputation: 49.9
votes: 6

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DavidK wrote:
While I disagree with the average Liberal Supporter, I tend to think that the Liberals that actually follow their party and believe in their party, they will see Iggy for what he is: Dion 2.0!

That is wishfull thinking. There will never be a Dion 2.0. That kind of foolishness comes around once in a lifetime.
FoxtrotBravo

votes: 2

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Give a man enough rope, and he'll hang himself": eventually Igor is going to pull the wrong lever, and the floor is going to fall out from under him.

Harper should ignore Igor, the polls, and politics for now, and focus on governing (and especially international issues .. that's a brilliant tack) as much as possible.
RCO

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool Blue wrote:
Don't forget that a couple polls showed Dion ahead of Harper too...

well i do remember that and keep these polls in perspective , thing is people didn't like dion so they maybe were turned off anyways but the idea of him as PM and polls didn't help his cause if they didn't want him to win anyways . problem is iggy doesn't have as many negatives as dion yet , although is alot of bagage we just have to do a better job of informing people about it .
Willg

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Were polls released as frequently during Paul Martin's minority government of 2004 to 2006?
Craig
Site Admin

Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8
votes: 36

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They try to undermine the Conservatives using every tool at their disposal including polls.
RuralandRight

Reputation: 41.5Reputation: 41.5Reputation: 41.5Reputation: 41.5
votes: 5

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dion had a few bounces in the polls after he was appointed ... oops ... elected LPC leader.
RCO

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Willg wrote:
Were polls released as frequently during Paul Martin's minority government of 2004 to 2006?

some were released now i'm not sure how often but they were mostly ahead , there was even one that though paul martin might win a majority whichb of course did not ever happen . the liberals seem to for whatever reason poll better when the house is sitting and worse during an actual election campaign .
the conservatives on the other hand poll worse during when the house is sitting and better during elections , has been 2 elections maybe even 3 where they came so close to winning a majority or polls at least saying it was possible .
Mac

votes: 35

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's only one poll which counts for anything and it starts with the dropping of a writ.

-Mac
mrsocko

votes: 8

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper is establishing himself as a statesman at the present. What better way to conteract Iggy the intellectual. The steady balanced Harper will appeal to the electorate in a campaign.

Right now everything is below the radar and no one cares.

Jump to: