Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page 1, 2  Next  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RuralandRight

Reputation: 41.5Reputation: 41.5Reputation: 41.5Reputation: 41.5
votes: 5

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:55 pm    Post subject: Our Gushy Politically Correct Canadian Media Reply with quote

I was reading the news today and noticed how and Hypersensitive our news reports have become and how the news is reported so not to offend anyone, particularly the 'aleged' :roll: criminals.

CBC

14 die in shooting at N.Y. immigration centre
Quote:
A gunman is believed to be among the 14 people found dead following a shooting rampage at an immigrant services centre Friday morning in Binghamton, N.Y., the city's chief of police said.

Chief Joseph Zikuski told reporters at a Friday afternoon news conference he "had very good reason to believe" the shooter was among those killed, but could not confirm that. But he said the man believed to be the shooter was found with a satchel around him containing ammunition.

"We have no idea what the motive is," he said, adding that the man had ties to the centre...

http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/.....tages.html

CTV

N.Y. gunman angry over job loss, poor English skills

Quote:
A man who killed 13 people at a Binghamton, N.Y., immigrant services centre was depressed over losing his job and angry about his poor English skills, local officials said Saturday.

It appears that people "degraded and disrespected" the man because he could not speak English well, Binghamton Police Chief Joseph Zikuski told NBC's "Today" show.

On ABC's "Good Morning America," Binghamton Mayor Matthew Ryan said the man was angry about his language skills and employment status...

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/Arti.....TopStories

American Media (Fox)

Police: Gunman in Binghamton, N.Y., Immigration Center Massacre Was 'Coward'
Quote:
Binghamton, N.Y., authorities called the gunman who shot 13 people dead at an immigration center a "coward" who planned to fight police but later changed his mind and committed suicide.

Police Chief Joseph Zikuski identified the shooter as 41-year-old Jiverly Wong who had voluntarily changed his last name to Voong.

"He arrived wearing body armor," the chief told a news conference Saturday. "At one point in his thinking process, he was going to take on police or at least stop them from stopping him. He must have been a coward. We speculate that when he heard the sirens, he decided to take his own life."

Zikuski said Wong was depressed about his poor English-speaking skills, which he was teased about, and his recent unemployment.

"He was terminated from his job at a place called Shop Vac, and he was very upset about that also," Zikuski said.

Zikuski told NBC's "Today" show that people "degraded and disrespected" the gunman over his inability to speak English well.

As a result, said Mayor Matthew Ryan on ABC's "Good Morning America," he was upset about his problems with the language.

Wong was of Vietnamese ancestry, the chief said, and unmarried. He lived with his mother, father and sister.

Zikuski said detectives have spoken to the family, but declined to offer many details "other than to say that some of the behavior he exhibited didn't come as a total shock."...

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,512559,00.html
(IMHO we could use a FOX News Canada)

How hypersensitive of a society have we become when our media will not report that a mass murderer like Wong was called a 'Coward'?
Rusty Bedsprings

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A "expert" on ctv blamed Harper and bush for the rape law and then claimed that 31 years in afghanistan is too long. :? Then ctv did not question him.
ezbeatz

Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5
votes: 10

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CTV's gone way too liberal the last couple of years. Maybe they were always like this, but their national journalists are die-hard liberal cheerleaders, the topics they cover are left-wing, and they never question the "experts" they get on.
teabag

votes: 6

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't find CTV news as bias as it once was.

Tom Clark spoke of how the PM was the leading voice to come out against the Afghanistan rape law. Fife spoke of how there really wasn't all that much that would come of the party disagreement over Mulroney and that it didn't mean much except in the short term. Craig Oliver's interview of the PM was unusual in it's tone of respect. Unusual seeing that a few weeks ago he was foaming at the mouth over the PM. I had thought that once Mike Duffey left that they would be jumping all over the Liberal bandwagon but don't see it happening. Perhaps Tom Clark is taking a page out of Mike Duffey's book.
SFrank85

votes: 4

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I donít have much of a problem with CTV. However they have a columnist dubbing as a TV host in Jane Taber, and she is horrible. All she does is whine about this, complain about that.

CTV is much fairer in their reporting.
teabag

votes: 6

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sfrank,

I do find that picture of Diefenbaker scowling unsettling. It seems you are angry as you speak.....lol Mind you I find that babe in the bikini even more irritating!

At least my Tinkerbell is attractive and friendly......lol
ezbeatz

Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

teabag wrote:
Mind you I find that babe in the bikini even more irritating!

HEY!!!
ezbeatz

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SFrank85 wrote:
I donít have much of a problem with CTV. However they have a columnist dubbing as a TV host in Jane Taber, and she is horrible. All she does is whine about this, complain about that.

What about her partner in crime, Craig Oliver? That Sunday news program is unwatchable.
Mac

votes: 35

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone recall The Warren's comments after the CTV affiliate in Halifax broadcast Stephane Dion's "do-over" interview? He spewed off a list of executives and employees at CTV who are either Liberal Party members or closely affiliated and concluded CTV was still "their friend"... or words to that effect.

-Mac
Rusty Bedsprings

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard the CBC interviewing a Tamil person who was saying that once sri lanka captured them they camps/prisons and this violated there freedom of movement!
ezbeatz

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rusty Bedsprings wrote:
I heard the CBC interviewing a Tamil person who was saying that once sri lanka captured them they camps/prisons and this violated there freedom of movement!

The Horror!
ezbeatz

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mac wrote:
Anyone recall The Warren's comments after the CTV affiliate in Halifax broadcast Stephane Dion's "do-over" interview? He spewed off a list of executives and employees at CTV who are either Liberal Party members or closely affiliated and concluded CTV was still "their friend"... or words to that effect.

-Mac

Whose Warren?
SFrank85

votes: 4

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ezbeatz wrote:
Mac wrote:

-Mac

Whose Warren?

Kinsella?

teabag, I am angry, so watch out! :wink:
crazymamma

votes: 14

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ezbeatz wrote:
teabag wrote:
Mind you I find that babe in the bikini even more irritating!

HEY!!!

I apologize in advance if your avatar is a relative, she may have a great bathing suit on a rather hot body, but the face???? Shudder.......or haven't you gotten around to looking at it yet?
Rusty Bedsprings

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Whose Warren?

some hrc person I belive.

Goto page 1, 2  Next  

Jump to: