Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CPP

votes: 1

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hatrock wrote:
I'm a panentheist-energist who believes that all the energy in the universe is simply God (or whatever you want to call it/him/her) manifesting from itself. "God made man in His own image" means that we are simply comprised of energy, but we have the ability through our freewill to use that energy for positive or negative results.

There are now theories that our universe was born out of possibly another universe or two "branes" colliding. This all fits easily within science and cosmology, and in fact, some ancient Eastern religions.

"In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth..." still holds true.

So with that, you don't need any more proof that God exists other than appreciating that we and the universe are here.

My views may change over time, yet this is dependent on scientific discoveries and theories.

That said, I don't know if science will ever explain WHY we are here, and why I don't think religion and spirituality will ever die.

Your scenario is probably closer to the truth than anyone elses.
mrsocko

votes: 8

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Oh I don't know. That scenario where Reagan, Thatcher and Mulroney where reptillian aliens was prtty convincing too. :P
CPP

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrsocko wrote:
Quote:

Oh I don't know. That scenario where Reagan, Thatcher and Mulroney where reptillian aliens was prtty convincing too. :P

Whatever turns you on (spiritually) :wink:
paisley_cross

votes: 3

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hatrock wrote:
I'm a panentheist-energist who believes that all the energy in the universe is simply God (or whatever you want to call it/him/her) manifesting from itself. "God made man in His own image" means that we are simply comprised of energy, but we have the ability through our freewill to use that energy for positive or negative results.

There are now theories that our universe was born out of possibly another universe or two "branes" colliding. This all fits easily within science and cosmology, and in fact, some ancient Eastern religions.

"In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth..." still holds true.

So with that, you don't need any more proof that God exists other than appreciating that we and the universe are here.

My views may change over time, yet this is dependent on scientific discoveries and theories.

That said, I don't know if science will ever explain WHY we are here, and why I don't think religion and spirituality will ever die.

I guess in a general way all religions operate along similar lines - some form of Divine Entity, establishment of a code of conduct, some commentary on an afterlife.

Then there is the human input: bureaucracy, structures, hierarchy, a system of discipline, dogma, uniforms and tame historians not to tell you what happened but to tell you what the religion wants you to think happened.
mrsocko

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I guess in a general way all religions operate along similar lines - some form of Divine Entity, establishment of a code of conduct, some commentary on an afterlife.

This is how people who do not believe in religion think religion operates. Actually the people in the religion are trying to make contact with God to see how they relate to him and how they should live their lives in order to please him.

Quote:
Then there is the human input: bureaucracy, structures, hierarchy, a system of discipline, dogma, uniforms and tame historians not to tell you what happened but to tell you what the religion wants you to think happened.

Secular people think that the above constitutes and encompasses religious piety and respectfullnes. To me it smacks of hypocrisy. To reduce contact with God to a religious dogma is sad. Yet the people who most live by these Dogma(mainline religios orders) are the respected ones(Priests, Pastors, Iman) . The ones who attempt to contact God, hear God and attempt to tell the world what God has to say are the reviled ones and in the past where put to death(Joan of Arc, Jesus, the disicples). Today the are just ridiculed and marginalized(evangelicals, pentecostals).

What would happen if you really tried to make contact with God? Would he answer you?
Has anyone of you ever tried?
CPP

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrsocko wrote:
Quote:

This is how people who do not believe in religion think religion operates. Actually the people in the religion are trying to make contact with God to see how they relate to him and how they should live their lives in order to please him.

Quote:

Secular people think that the above constitutes and encompasses religious piety and respectfullnes. To me it smacks of hypocrisy. To reduce contact with God to a religious dogma is sad. Yet the people who most live by these Dogma(mainline religios orders) are the respected ones(Priests, Pastors, Iman) . The ones who attempt to contact God, hear God and attempt to tell the world what God has to say are the reviled ones and in the past where put to death(Joan of Arc, Jesus, the disicples). Today the are just ridiculed and marginalized(evangelicals, pentecostals).

What would happen if you really tried to make contact with God? Would he answer you?
Has anyone of you ever tried?

That all depends on what you call God. And why do you refer to God as a 'he' Couldnt it just as well be a 'she' :?:
KerryForrest

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suppose he felt 'he' was more respectful than 'they' or 'it' or he/she combo. I guess when english comes from such a masculine feminine duality, and we are taught the neuter is for innate or lesser life, we are stuck for words. I doubt his true point has anything to do with the language of pro nouns.

It is an exercise more in the vein of if there is a god, would god take notice of us. And if god did, would it be individually or en mass. Further, would god see us as creatures that merit god's attention fully, or would it be akin to us observing ants walking in the grass, something noted occasionally but often ignored for things of greater note.

Perhaps it is even such as we note all are made of small atoms, but never notice them at all, as they are virtually undetectable to our senses without great pains and special equipment. I am aware of atoms in the abstract, based on my education, but have never proved their existence personally. That may be our relationship with god.

We might not be able to detect god with our senses, wouldn't it be interesting if god could not detect us with his, but it is education that can not be independently verified by our own senses that proves god exists to us and us to him.

So for me personally, I take the existence of atoms on faith, based upon education springing from the observations of others. I suppose religion really isn't so different in that regard. I may have just convinced myself that there is a god. But I still don't know if god pays attention to me. After all, I know of atoms, but rarely, if ever pay attention to them, or ants for that matter.
mrsocko

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CPP wrote
Quote:
That all depends on what you call God. And why do you refer to God as a 'he' Couldnt it just as well be a 'she'

I call God the person who answers my prayers and I use he because that is what I am familiar with. And if a person used she that is perfectly alright.

Back to the question I posed. Depending on whatever it is you call God have you ever attempted to contact him/her? Have you ever tried praying and listening for his/her voice? Are you afraid to try in case he/she answers you?

Are you going to answer my questions? I answered yours.

Or are you going to come back at me with more empty stupid rhetoric? :roll:
paisley_cross

votes: 3

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrsocko wrote:
Quote:

The code of conduct I referred to often includes prayer, the two-way means of communication with the Divine Entity, as well prescribing how people's lives should be led.
CPP

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrsocko wrote:
CPP wrote
Quote:
That all depends on what you call God. And why do you refer to God as a 'he' Couldnt it just as well be a 'she'

I call God the person who answers my prayers and I use he because that is what I am familiar with. And if a person used she that is perfectly alright.

Back to the question I posed. Depending on whatever it is you call God have you ever attempted to contact him/her? Have you ever tried praying and listening for his/her voice? Are you afraid to try in case he/she answers you?

Are you going to answer my questions? I answered yours.

Or are you going to come back at me with more empty stupid rhetoric? :roll:

Yes I did but he/she wasnt taking any more calls cause I ended up with their answering machine. :wink:
mrsocko

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Yes I did but he/she wasnt taking any more calls cause I ended up with their answering machine.

Well.... what was the message on the answering machine? :)
CPP

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrsocko wrote:
Quote:
Yes I did but he/she wasnt taking any more calls cause I ended up with their answering machine.

Well.... what was the message on the answering machine? :)

Well...the message wasnt very clear but it sounded something like "Ron. L. Hubbard was right" and the voice sounded a lot like John Travolta's. :wink:
hatrock

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Praying has been mentioned a few times on here.

I believe praying to be a powerful method to inspire one's self and if done properly, re-energizes biochemical endorphins to manifest your spiritual will into a physical reality.

By that, I don't mean if you pray to yourself hoping your sick grandmother will get better at that moment. But she may get better when you get off your ass and go visit her and give her inspiration to hold on to.

Now I believe what I am about to say is pure fact. When we die, our entire physical bodies are done and our consciousness is totally finished. When dead bodies are buried directly in the ground, the decay and carbon would transform into the soil and potentially allow plants and animals to grow from it (it's why Alberta has so much oil ... much from dead dinosaurs).

As far as our spirit continuing on, this can be scientifically and simply explained and I believe that religion explains all this too, but in a different way.

After your body is kaput, all that remains are your belongings, wealth, and the people you knew or influenced somehow and what they still remember of you. If you made a bigger impact on your community and society, then your spiritual influence is simply larger.

If you were a bad person, then people aren't going to remember you in a positive light and your spirit is stuck in a hell. Even then, if you were bad to your children and others, you may have influenced them to act that way as well. That said, if they have the will to forgive you, then they can move on and not be like you once were.

If you were a good person and loved others, then people are influenced by that positive energy, which inspires them to be good, which inspires others ... etc. Your spirit is in a heavenly state and can last generations.

If you sacrificed yourself for others, then people will certainly remember you for what you did.

And again, I believe science and religion explain what I said, but in different ways. It's finding the commonalities between science and religion is where we should continue to seek the truth.
Mac

votes: 35

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy Thread Resurrection, Batman!! :lol:

-Mac
hatrock

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol!

Try these quotes:

“What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us; what we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal.”

“A Human Thought is an actual EXISTENCE, and a Force and Power, capable of acting upon and controlling matter as well as mind.”

“Faith begins where Reason sinks exhausted.”

“The sovereignty of one's self over one's self is called Liberty.”

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next  

Jump to: