Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RCO

votes: 3

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:05 pm    Post subject: Frank Klees enters ontario pc leadership race Reply with quote

( after some thinking it over Klees is now officially in the race , and i think he brings alot to the race , several others are expected to enter it officially soon )

Klees first to officially enter Ontario Conservative race
Updated: Sun Mar. 29 2009 17:39:29

ctvottawa.ca

Frank Klees is the first contender to officially enter the race for the Ontario Progressive Conservative leadership.

The Newmarket-Aurora MPP, who also ran against outgoing leader John Tory in 2004, formally declared his intent on Sunday.

"I look forward to what I know is going to be an exciting campaign over the next 90 days," Klees said. "I'll talk about the importance of returning to Progressive Conservative values and principles."

He added his 25 years in business and 14 years in the provincial legislature make him the best choice for a party seeking decisive leadership and energy. Klees held several cabinet posts in the Mike Harris and Ernie Eves governments.

Fellow MPPs MPPs Randy Hillier, Tim Hudak and Christine Elliott coyly hinted at entering the race in Chesterville on Saturday and are all expected to make announcements soon

http://ottawa.ctv.ca/servlet/a.....OttawaHome
Mac

votes: 35

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad there's finally a declared candidate... I like Klees but I'm starting to think Hudak might be better for the position.

-Mac
SFrank85

votes: 4

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is great to see some good conservative people thinking about running.
ezbeatz

Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5
votes: 10

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klees is a bit too old for the game. Hudak is definitely a better choice.
RCO

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ezbeatz wrote:
Klees is a bit too old for the game. Hudak is definitely a better choice.

i don't think he's too old when say compared to john mccain , klees isn't that old .

hudak is ok but he didn't really get me excited last week when he was finance critic , he had alot to critise in that budget but didn't manage to get much out there or press . was expecting more from him as finance critic and didn't really get impressed .
Rusty Bedsprings

votes: 5

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just received my letter informing me of the pc vote.
DavidK

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No matter who wins, seems like Ontario will get a real conservative as head of the opposition, and God willing, the next Premier of Ontario.

Iím supporting Tim myself, but itís good to have true blue alternatives!
RCO

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

April 16, 2009

MPP Klees kicks off Tory leadership campaign

By ANTONELLA ARTUSO, QUEEN'S PARK BUREAU CHIEF

The Toronto Sun

TORONTO -- Ontario PC leadership candidate Frank Klees admits his campaign is off to a late start but says he wasn't willing to organize while former leader John Tory was still at the helm.

Klees was the first of four declared leadership candidates to notify the media of his intentions, but had yet to appear on the websites of either Elections Ontario or the PC party as an official candidate yesterday.

His three opponents -- Christine Elliott, Randy Hillier and Tim Hudak -- have all registered.

"I realize that we're coming from behind here," Klees said. "We are without question behind when it comes to organization, when it comes to preparedness, but we're making up ground. And by the time the leadership vote takes place I believe we will have made up more than enough ground to win this race."

Klees said he was approached to run as leader several times, as were others in the party, while Tory was still in the top job.

It wasn't until Tory resigned as leader of the party in March, after a byelection loss, that he gave it serious thought, he said.

"We've had a lot of work to do just to get things organized," Klees said. Candidates have until tomorrow to jump into the race, and a leader will be chosen in June.

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Po.....1-sun.html
FF_Canuck

votes: 17

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we can count ourselves lucky if we get this kind of race when Harper retires (which is hopefully a long ways away). The Ontario PCs pretty much can't go wrong with whomever wins... I've technically no dog in this fight - if I did, I'd support Hillier, though I suspect Hudak will win on the first ballot.
DavidK

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FF_Canuck wrote:
I think we can count ourselves lucky if we get this kind of race when Harper retires (which is hopefully a long ways away). The Ontario PCs pretty much can't go wrong with whomever wins... I've technically no dog in this fight - if I did, I'd support Hillier, though I suspect Hudak will win on the first ballot.

I call second. But it could happen on the first, I dunno...

As far as the Ontario PCs getting their act together, it's a shame that it came 2 years too late and now with our new Have-Not status...

I hope the Fed's wise up, and quick. Because I've seen first hand what the Liberal Party has done in Ontario, we don't need the same crap nationally.
RCO

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FF_Canuck wrote:

well its still been a pretty quiet race so far with a little press but nothing spectacular , the party can't do much wrong after the tory disaster . pretty much can't go wrong as you say if hudak or klees wins . other 2 might be a bit tougher sell for various reasons . but the party should if nothing else emerge much more united and ready to take on mcguinty and the liberals .

Jump to: