Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page 1, 2  Next  

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who will be the Democrat nominee for President in '08
Joe Biden
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Christopher Dodd
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Mike Gravel
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Evan Bayh
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Wesley Clark
12%
 12%  [ 2 ]
Hillary Rodham Clinton
56%
 56%  [ 9 ]
John Edwards
12%
 12%  [ 2 ]
Russ Feingold
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
John Kerry
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Mark Warner
12%
 12%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 16

Stephen

votes: 5

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:39 pm    Post subject: Who for the Dems in 08? Reply with quote

I asked about the GOP. What about the Dems? Who will take the Democrat nomination for President in 08?
overthesea

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no way on the face of this good green Earth that Hillary Rodham Clinton would be able to run. Not even the Democrats trust her at the moment, and I doubt they ever will. Pretty much everyone recognizes her for what she is, a spineless professional politician with a feckless husband. I have a feeling, now that the moveon.org crowd has won a victory with Lamont in Conneticut that this ticket will go the way of McGovern, along with their chances in the Congressional elections. With Howard Dean in charge of their party, things could be looking pretty ugly for the Democrats.
Craig
Site Admin

Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8
votes: 36

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with much of what you said overthesea but despite all their problems I still fear that they will score big in the midterms. I get the feeling that the US electorate wants to spank the Republicans before electing another Republican president in 08.
overthesea

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I think at this point, it's too close to call. Rick Santorum is getting thoroughly beat down in Pennsylvania, but other than that there isn't a Senate race that's firm in the either direction. Also, after my experience working in the Governor's campaign, the Republicans are looking to make major advances in California to the point that it becomes a swing state come '08. Having to burn money on California would be utterly disastrous for the Democrats, where if they can't maintain what should be their most fortified base, then your right, come '08 there will be another Republican President. In the midterms though, it at this point is too close to call, but leaning to the Democrats. I doubt though, that they will be able to push themselves over the edge without splitting between the conservative and far-left sides of the party.
Craig
Site Admin

Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8
votes: 36

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, so much for Hillary. It looks like she is thinking of pulling the plug...

Quote:
FRIENDS of Hillary Clinton have been whispering the unthinkable. Despite her status as the runaway frontrunner for the 2008 Democratic nomination for president, some of her closest advisers say she might opt out of the White House race and seek to lead her party in the Senate.

link
kwlafayette

votes: 28

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, by the time 08 rolls around, I am thinking the Dems will wish they still had Lieberman to kick around.
Road_Hammer

Reputation: 37.6Reputation: 37.6Reputation: 37.6Reputation: 37.6

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget about Al Gore. :roll:
cbasu

votes: 2

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Al Gore would have a chance if Republicans continue to poll in the low-30s. My bet would be on Gov Schweitzer of Montana, Gov Warner of VA, or Sen Bayh of Indiana.

On the Republican side, once again, it'll depend on the polls. If they are stuck where they are now, it'll be Sen McCain of AZ, Gov Romney of MA, or someone with crossover appeal.

If the polls rebound, it will be Gov Jeb Bush of FL.
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hillary Clinton becuz she will help the Dems lose the election and it is great...
McGuire

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hillary will probably get it, but will get trounced by McCain in the general.

Mark Warner SHOULD be the nominee if the Dems had a brain. He's a Democrat who understand middle America & the South. If he doesn't agree with the party of those regions on certain issues, he is at least not hostile to them.
AmericanTory

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McGuire-

You are right on the money about Warner, and there are many who believe he will be the nominee, with the force of the Clintons behind him.
kwlafayette

votes: 28

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder, and I hope; does Obama stand a chance?

http://obama.senate.gov/

PS. He is quite young, maybe as a VP this time, and the main dude next election or 2016?
McGuire

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just can't see Obama ever winning the Presidency. He's too far left. The liberal MSM in the States just gives this guy a free pass b/c he is seen by them as the most viable black liberal politician to ever come along.

My beef about the guy isn't so much about him but the way the MSM creams their pants for this guy while giving an unfairly hard, dare I say it racist treatment towards black conservatives.
cosmostein

votes: 21

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since Barack Obama's appearance on Oprah he seems to have been taking up a lot of the spotlight, perhaps he is too young but I would consider him over some of the others.
biggie

votes: 10

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What, nobody's considering Michael Moore?

:lol:

Goto page 1, 2  Next  

Jump to: