Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

View previous topic :: View next topic  

june or a fall vote
june
60%
 60%  [ 3 ]
september / fall vote
40%
 40%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 5

RCO

votes: 3

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:48 am    Post subject: June or Fall vote for leadership Reply with quote

was originally released that it would take place in june ( and that might still be when it takes place ) but according to an article released today there is an effort to delay the vote until the fall or september i believe .

Push on to delay Tory leadership contest until fall

http://www.thestar.com/News/Ontario/article/606078

anyways , what option do you feel would be the best for the party ? and allow for debate and high quality leadership contest . and when should the party have its new leader and does it need one sooner rather than later even though an election is over 2 years away ?
and would having the leadership contest during the spring/ summer period be a problem for some if the legislature was still in session ? ( believe the last one campaigning took place during the summer and vote was near the end of summer ? )
ezbeatz

Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5
votes: 10

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it'll be June.
RuralandRight

Reputation: 41.5Reputation: 41.5Reputation: 41.5Reputation: 41.5
votes: 5

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it will be June also ... I'd rather get it over with and finally have some long over due true blue Conservative leadership in Ontario again.
Rusty Bedsprings

votes: 5

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will be later, that way it's closer to the election and so we'll get extra publicity.
RCO

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it could still take place in june , myself i'm not sure which date be best . summer offers some potential for time when candidates could tour and campaign . but also could provide time for the new leader to tour the province as well if he/she was selected in late june .

the party does need a new leader so i wouldn't want to see things delayed past september that would just be too long to wait . i could wait till september but not any later .
late june could work if the party is ready for this surprise leadeship race , is it totally ready i'm not sure ? none of the candidates have offically announced and i haven't got anything in the mail or email about this ? or even sure who i'm going to support
ezbeatz

Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Politics doesn't get much coverage during the summer though. Remember last year when Dion spent the summer trying to sell his carbon tax. Nobody paid attention to him. People do on holidays, they try to get their minds off of stuff like politics. I don't think it's a particularly good idea to run over the summer.
ezbeatz

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RCO wrote:
late june could work if the party is ready for this surprise leadeship race , is it totally ready i'm not sure ? none of the candidates have offically announced and i haven't got anything in the mail or email about this ? or even sure who i'm going to support

I think they might announce something on Sunday.
RCO

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

either way its not going to be geting as much press as the 2002 leadership race , even the one in 2004 didn't get that much press at times . so i don't see it geting that much press ,( ndp race was rather ignored until the end i though ) could get some local press if the candidates visited smaller cities and such where media has less to cover and might cover there visit more than say a toronto newspaper would .

Jump to: