Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds


CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect



  

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
DavidK





Joined: 22 Nov 2008
Posts: 1520
Reputation: 68.5
votes: 5
Location: Ontario

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:03 pm    Post subject: [Article] Mike Harris is back as Tory kingmaker Reply with quote

Conservative icon emerges from exile to help candidate Hudak

While I disagree with the term 'exile' and TheStar in general.... I love that the former premier is getting involved in things for Hudak. This is just what the OPCs need to get moving again, IMO.

Harris and Hudak FTW!
cosmostein





Joined: 04 Oct 2006
Posts: 7420
Reputation: 297
votes: 21
Location: The World

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By Exile they mean making money hand over fist?

I (heart) the Toronto Star.
When a Liberal enters private life they are "Contributing to the Private Sector" and Conservatives "are exiled"
SFrank85





Joined: 03 Mar 2007
Posts: 2269
Reputation: 59.8
votes: 4
Location: Toronto - Scarborough Southwest

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great to see Hudak getting encouragement to run, and lead the Ontario Conservatives. I hope they get rid of the “Progressive” because it is stupid.
John Larocque





Joined: 02 Dec 2008
Posts: 223
Reputation: 35Reputation: 35Reputation: 35
Location: North York, Ontario

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hudak may very well be the right guy. The party needs to be election-ready and have a leader, ready at the helm, to replace Dalton. Everything else is secondary. What you need is a guy who can bring out the PC vote, and been seen as a credible alternative to Dalton.

That being said, I also remember that Harris backed political neophyte Belinda to lead the Conservative Party of Canada. I'm sure he feels differently about Belinda now. But that's where he stood then.
kwlafayette





Joined: 03 Sep 2006
Posts: 6155
Reputation: 156.2Reputation: 156.2
votes: 28
Location: Saskatoon Saskatchewan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Larocque wrote:
Hudak may very well be the right guy. The party needs to be election-ready and have a leader, ready at the helm, to replace Dalton. Everything else is secondary. What you need is a guy who can bring out the PC vote, and been seen as a credible alternative to Dalton.

That being said, I also remember that Harris backed political neophyte Belinda to lead the Conservative Party of Canada. I'm sure he feels differently about Belinda now. But that's where he stood then.
You felt differently about Belinda then too. So did I.
SFrank85





Joined: 03 Mar 2007
Posts: 2269
Reputation: 59.8
votes: 4
Location: Toronto - Scarborough Southwest

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kwlafayette wrote:
John Larocque wrote:
Hudak may very well be the right guy. The party needs to be election-ready and have a leader, ready at the helm, to replace Dalton. Everything else is secondary. What you need is a guy who can bring out the PC vote, and been seen as a credible alternative to Dalton.

That being said, I also remember that Harris backed political neophyte Belinda to lead the Conservative Party of Canada. I'm sure he feels differently about Belinda now. But that's where he stood then.
You felt differently about Belinda then too. So did I.


She was too red for me from the beginning.
kwlafayette





Joined: 03 Sep 2006
Posts: 6155
Reputation: 156.2Reputation: 156.2
votes: 28
Location: Saskatoon Saskatchewan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All the arguments I hear around here about getting a majority, it seems most people do not care how red or blue you are. All they care about is the votes and getting to call the other guy loser.
Libertas





Joined: 16 Mar 2009
Posts: 358
Reputation: 14.6
votes: 6
Location: Medicine Hat, AB

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
All the arguments I hear around here about getting a majority, it seems most people do not care how red or blue you are. All they care about is the votes and getting to call the other guy loser.


Problem is that politics is more or less about elevating those to power who are the best at manipulating the populace. I wish it wasn't so, but it is.
SFrank85





Joined: 03 Mar 2007
Posts: 2269
Reputation: 59.8
votes: 4
Location: Toronto - Scarborough Southwest

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just thank God this party did not elect Belinda as leader. It would have been a disaster from the beginning.
ezbeatz





Joined: 09 Oct 2008
Posts: 1140
Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5
votes: 10
Location: Vaughan, ON

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I've seen, Tim Hudak would make a good leader. He's young, articulate, charismatic, and has solid conservative credentials. Mike Harris endorsing him is icing on the cake. One of the other posters mention this as well, I hope they removed "Progressive" from their name.
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1

  


 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum


[Article] Mike Harris is back as Tory kingmaker

phpBBCopyright 2001, 2005 phpBB