Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DavidK

votes: 5

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:03 pm    Post subject: [Article] Mike Harris is back as Tory kingmaker Reply with quote

Conservative icon emerges from exile to help candidate Hudak

While I disagree with the term 'exile' and TheStar in general.... I love that the former premier is getting involved in things for Hudak. This is just what the OPCs need to get moving again, IMO.

Harris and Hudak FTW!
cosmostein

votes: 21

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By Exile they mean making money hand over fist?

I (heart) the Toronto Star.
When a Liberal enters private life they are "Contributing to the Private Sector" and Conservatives "are exiled"
SFrank85

votes: 4

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great to see Hudak getting encouragement to run, and lead the Ontario Conservatives. I hope they get rid of the “Progressive” because it is stupid.
John Larocque

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hudak may very well be the right guy. The party needs to be election-ready and have a leader, ready at the helm, to replace Dalton. Everything else is secondary. What you need is a guy who can bring out the PC vote, and been seen as a credible alternative to Dalton.

That being said, I also remember that Harris backed political neophyte Belinda to lead the Conservative Party of Canada. I'm sure he feels differently about Belinda now. But that's where he stood then.
kwlafayette

votes: 28

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Larocque wrote:
Hudak may very well be the right guy. The party needs to be election-ready and have a leader, ready at the helm, to replace Dalton. Everything else is secondary. What you need is a guy who can bring out the PC vote, and been seen as a credible alternative to Dalton.

That being said, I also remember that Harris backed political neophyte Belinda to lead the Conservative Party of Canada. I'm sure he feels differently about Belinda now. But that's where he stood then.
You felt differently about Belinda then too. So did I.
SFrank85

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kwlafayette wrote:
John Larocque wrote:

You felt differently about Belinda then too. So did I.

She was too red for me from the beginning.
kwlafayette

votes: 28

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All the arguments I hear around here about getting a majority, it seems most people do not care how red or blue you are. All they care about is the votes and getting to call the other guy loser.
Libertas

votes: 6

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
All the arguments I hear around here about getting a majority, it seems most people do not care how red or blue you are. All they care about is the votes and getting to call the other guy loser.

Problem is that politics is more or less about elevating those to power who are the best at manipulating the populace. I wish it wasn't so, but it is.
SFrank85

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just thank God this party did not elect Belinda as leader. It would have been a disaster from the beginning.
ezbeatz

Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5
votes: 10

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I've seen, Tim Hudak would make a good leader. He's young, articulate, charismatic, and has solid conservative credentials. Mike Harris endorsing him is icing on the cake. One of the other posters mention this as well, I hope they removed "Progressive" from their name.

Jump to: