Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Forward

votes: 2

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:07 pm    Post subject: Questions MSM won't ask. Reply with quote

I haven't had any respect for the press for several years now. News stories are as predictable as the next sunrise.

When was the last time you read a news story that presented gay rights groups in ANY SORT OF UNSYMPATHETIC LIGHT? Answer - Never.

When was the last time you read a news story or opinion piece that accused any race OTHER THAN caucasians of racism? Answer - Never.

When was the last time you read a news story about a journalist doing anything illegal - (stealing, drunk driving, assault, murder)? (Anything other than heroically protecting a source from a court).
Answer - Never.

When was time a Muslim, Hindu, Sikh or Buddist were asked questions that could potentially embarrass their faith? Ie: Creationism? - Answer Never.

When was the last time you read a news story about homeless people that inquired why they continued TO BE HOMELESS? Answer - Never.

When was the last time you read a news story about a Canadian soldier PROTECTING A CIVILIAN? Answer - Never.
Rusty Bedsprings

votes: 5

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
When was the last time you read a news story about homeless people that inquired why they continued TO BE HOMELESS? Answer - Never.

I've heard that question asked before, they are homeless because they have no opportunities because the man hates them, seriously it was some BS like that.
SFrank85

votes: 4

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would hate to paint everyone with the same brush. Not everyone who is homeless truly chooses to be homeless. It is a shame Canada does not have a mental health strategy, because it is not the ‘cool’ thing to do.
Forward

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To excuse every homeless person as some innocent mentally ill victim is the poverty activist's favorite tactic.

It doesn't matter if you don't like to say it but some people ar lazy, drunken BUMS.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Front page of the paper------Poor Homeless.

40 pages later ------ 10 columns of "shared accomodation" "room & Board" and "Room-mate wanted" classified ads.

What's wrong with this picture?

Besides, this thread isn't about the homeless. It's about questions the MSM refuse to ask & stories they refuse to run.
superior_conservative

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always wondered why the media never asks if natives get university or college paid for why dont more of them actualy try to get an education? I know there are many that do but you never realy hear about i guess its easier to blame the government for your short comings when the open is in front of you wide open
Rusty Bedsprings

votes: 5

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I always wondered why the media never asks if natives get university or college paid for why dont more of them actualy try to get an education? I know there are many that do but you never realy hear about i guess its easier to blame the government for your short comings when the open is in front of you wide open

I knew of a native girl who got all of her private high school paid for by the gov. (or us in reality) then she got her university paid for by us again and she gets on top of that like $15000 tax free from the gov every year. I'm unclear on the details but you get the point, that we give them golden opportunities left right and center but most of them are just drunks! Again though some how I am to blame for there drug problems :roll:
Forward

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The MSM loves to shriek about high paid CEOs of large corporations but somehow those businesses never seem to include news organizations.

Same old story. Shame on you but I'm ever innocent.
Cronus

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:31 am    Post subject: Re: Questions MSM won't ask. Reply with quote

Forward wrote:

When was the last time you read a news story that presented gay rights groups in ANY SORT OF UNSYMPATHETIC LIGHT? Answer - Never.

Since gay marriage went through up here, I haven't seen any coverage of gay rights groups, sympathetic or otherwise.

Quote:

When was the last time you read a news story or opinion piece that accused any race OTHER THAN caucasians of racism? Answer - Never.

I have seen ample coverage and condemnation of the anti-Semitism which exists in portions of the Arab world.

Quote:
When was the last time you read a news story about a journalist doing anything illegal - (stealing, drunk driving, assault, murder)? (Anything other than heroically protecting a source from a court).
Answer - Never.

In Canada, journalists aren't considered celebrities. However in the U.S. the various misdemeanors of Limbaugh and Coulter have gotten airtime.

Quote:

Usually the blame is placed on severe mental illness, which in my experience, is a fair assessment.

Quote:
When was the last time you read a news story about a Canadian soldier PROTECTING A CIVILIAN? Answer - Never.

Christie Blatchford of the Globe and Mail has extensively reported on the heroism of the soldiers in Afghanistan.
Forward

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Since gay marriage went through up here, I haven't seen any coverage of gay rights groups, sympathetic or otherwise.

B.S. If what you say is true you don't read newspapers.

Quote:
I have seen ample coverage and condemnation of the anti-Semitism which exists in portions of the Arab world.

Oh please, you know damned well what I was talking about. Your weak (and automatic) response about the good old default fallback - antiSemitism doesn't cut it. It might make YOU feel better but that's it. How about some stories about racism by oriental people or black people or east Indian? Lot's of luck ever findin that - journalists are too cowardly & politically correct to even acknowledge it.

Quote:
In Canada, journalists aren't considered celebrities. However in the U.S. the various misdemeanors of Limbaugh and Coulter have gotten airtime

NOT considered celebrities? Really? Maybe you should ask the CBC's 22 Minutes that or Air Farce. Whenever there is a celebrity charity event in a city who are the guests of honor - geeted AS CELEBRITIES?-- - journalists Journalists love to BE CONSIDERED celebrities when it strokes their egos but when it comes to recieving any bad attention they run and hide and pretend they are ordinary people. Hypocrisy and dishonesty - a journalist's defining attributes.

Quote:
However in the U.S....

Nice try at hair splitting there. Nope, this is a CANADIAN forum the posting is about Candaian journalists. Besides I think if you ever referred to Limbaugh or Coulter as journalists they would recoil with disgust at the insult.

Quote:
Usually the blame is placed on severe mental illness, which in my experience, is a fair assessment.
So far "your assessment has proved to be pretty faulty. It's pretty apparent that that you decided to ignore my next comment dow the line. It's also dishonest to give the impression that all homeless people are mentally ill which is of course wht journalists try to do. But then who ever said jouralists are honest? Do you deny that there are many homeless who are lazy & irresponsible?

Quote:
Christie Blatchford of the Globe and Mail has extensively reported on the heroism of the soldiers in Afghanistan.

Oh give me a break! There are hundreds of news papers/magazines, TV/radio/'net news programs, with thousands of journalists and you can come up with 1 - THAT'S IT!?

That's like me saying the Green party will get a minority government because I knew 1 person who voted for them. Get lost.

Journalists fail to accept any responsibility for problems in their own industry while at the same time pissing all over everyone else. They are holier than thou scumbags which is why they are one of the most universally hated groups in society.
Cronus

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forward wrote:

Quote:

Oh please, you know damned well what I was talking about.

So far you've called me liar, and now apparently I'm a mind-reader.

Quote:
Your weak (and automatic) response about the good old default fallback - antiSemitism doesn't cut it.

Antisemitism is one of the most prevalent forms of racism.

Quote:
Do you deny that there are many homeless who are lazy & irresponsible?

I don't actually know a lot of homeless people. The ones I've encountered are typically professional beggars, young transitory hippie types, or are pretty clearly suffering schizophrenia or another condition.

Quote:

Quote:
Oh give me a break! There are hundreds of news papers/magazines, TV/radio/'net news programs, with thousands of journalists and you can come up with 1 - THAT'S IT!?

The National Post gives our soldiers extensive positive coverage, as does Maclean's, or CTV News.

Jump to: