Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who will be the Republican nominee for President in '08
George Allen
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Sam Brownback
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Bill Frist
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Newt Gingrich
16%
 16%  [ 6 ]
Rudy Giuliani
50%
 50%  [ 18 ]
Chuck Hagel
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
John H. Cox
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
John McCain
27%
 27%  [ 10 ]
George Pataki
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 36

Christian Conservative

votes: 2

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

None of the above...

I'm still hoping that General Colin Powell is looking to be the dark horse in that race!
(no pun intended, of course...)
kwlafayette

votes: 28

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know. From the sound of this, could the Donald be positioning himself for a run?

http://money.cnn.com/2006/10/0.....2006100919

Would anyone vote for him?
mbennett

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where is Rice? If the democrats nominate Clinton then the GOP better nominate Rice. I would only support the Republicans if they did this, otherwise i am supporting Libertarian
don muntean

votes: 8

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that [if the democrats forward Mrs. Clinton] the Republicans should nominate Ms. Rice.
biggie

votes: 10

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Rice would be a good choice either way;

As a woman (a strong, intelligent woman, who has done a LOT of work for the country, and shows a measured approach), she would attract a lot of women voters, and show a less "man-friendly" republican party.

As a black woman, she would also go against the stereotype of "big fat rich white guy" Republican, probably bringing some of the "minority" vote.

And, she would appeal to the base Republican - I can't think of anyone right-winged(or moderate left for that matter), that doesn't hold a good deal of respect for her. Her reputation on the international stage is great, and many world leaders respect her greatly.

She's tough and doesn't take crap, and I would love to see her run the country. It wouldn't be a US kim Campbell.. Were she an option, I'd vote her on the poll.
don muntean

votes: 8

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

biggie rection wrote:
I think Rice would be a good choice either way;

As a woman (a strong, intelligent woman, who has done a LOT of work for the country, and shows a measured approach), she would attract a lot of women voters, and show a less "man-friendly" republican party.

As a black woman, she would also go against the stereotype of "big fat rich white guy" Republican, probably bringing some of the "minority" vote.

And, she would appeal to the base Republican - I can't think of anyone right-winged(or moderate left for that matter), that doesn't hold a good deal of respect for her. Her reputation on the international stage is great, and many world leaders respect her greatly.

She's tough and doesn't take crap, and I would love to see her run the country. It wouldn't be a US kim Campbell.. Were she an option, I'd vote her on the poll.

I agree cent percent. She is also a very courageous individual to do all the things she has to do in her position - in terms of some of the places in the world which that takes her!
McGuire

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to feel that way about her, but she's been the reason why the Bush Administration has become much more wishy-washy in recent months. Instead of being direct & firm, the Administration has succumbed to the flawed Diplomacy at any cost approach favoured by most US diplomats & Rice has been leading the way on that.
biggie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McGuire wrote:
I used to feel that way about her, but she's been the reason why the Bush Administration has become much more wishy-washy in recent months. Instead of being direct & firm, the Administration has succumbed to the flawed Diplomacy at any cost approach favoured by most US diplomats & Rice has been leading the way on that.

I think that the US needs a bit of that - I don't think the shoot first ask questions later policy would do them any favours right now. They are quickly losing international support, and the last thing they need is the whole planet turning on them. Having a more moderate and soft view internationally will help them retain friends, and possibly convert enemies. They've shown they won't take crap with Afghanistan and Iraq. Now they need to be somewhat accepting. I hope they pursue action on NK all the way.
kwlafayette

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Americans have always been reviled, it is only when they are saving your ass that you stop with the "ugly American" rhetoric for a while. I don't know if people actually hate them, or just don't respect them or what.
biggie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kwlafayette wrote:
Americans have always been reviled, it is only when they are saving your ass that you stop with the "ugly American" rhetoric for a while. I don't know if people actually hate them, or just don't respect them or what.

I often wonder what these "American Haters" are going to do with their time when GWB is no longer in power...
It seems to me that (in this country in particular), the basis of most of their hatred of the US rests on his shoulders.

I'm sure the NDP will lose some support hehehe
kwlafayette

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is just the human condition to hate and envy those with more material wealth than you, better looking women, more whatever. What the next American president has to decide is whether they want America to be loved, or feared. Right now it seems that it is neither. In the past they have acheived the fear, but I don't know if they have ever been universally loved. Even though any disaster of any type the world over, people call for the Americans first.
McGuire

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It is just the human condition to hate and envy those with more material wealth than you, better looking women, more whatever.

That's what most anti-Americanism in Canada amounts too. Geopolitical penis envy is a better way to describe it.
biggie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McGuire wrote:
Quote:
It is just the human condition to hate and envy those with more material wealth than you, better looking women, more whatever.

That's what most anti-Americanism in Canada amounts too. Geopolitical penis envy is a better way to describe it.

HAHAHA, Nail on the head.. nail on the head.

Its sad when you can only have pride in your country by bringing down another..

Some of us actually love our country for what our country is..
I admire that about the US though, their people LOVE their country - I wish more Canadians would be like that, we have every reason to.
McGuire

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed. So much of what is supposedly Canadian pride is pride in what we're supposedly not, instead of what we really are. Its time for people to grow up methinks.
FF_Canuck

votes: 17

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was a study that I wish I could remember more about, that examined attitudes, manners, social habits, ... etc among (I think) over a hundred countries. One of the 'suprising' results (to the people grudgingly reporting it, anyways) was that Canadians are, in general, more similiar in attitudes, belief, and socialization to Americans than any other nationality on the planet, and vice versa (moreso even than the Brits or Aussies).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  

Jump to: