Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page 1, 2  Next  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jason Kauppinen

votes: 5

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:41 am    Post subject: Best Loser that some area ever had Reply with quote

And now, we will have a chorus of losers remark on how John Tory was the best premier Ontario never had--continuing a long tradition of hauling out the same epitaph that marks the end of the career of other Red Tory losers. Just wait for it, it's highly probable that it will pop up in the press somewhere.
Jason Kauppinen

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And here we go... from the comments of the National Post article:

"WayneCCC, Thursday, Mar 5, 2009

In much the same way that Robert Stanfield was "the greatest PM we never had", Tory may ultimately be remembered as a great Premier that we never had. I think this loss will have to be his final undoing as leader of the provincial PCs. Too bad--I did like him."
Jason Kauppinen

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CHRISTINA BLIZZARD, SUN MEDIA
http://www.torontosun.com/comm.....6-sun.html

"Echoing the legacy of that other decent but hapless Conservative, Robert Stanfield, I suspect Tory will go down in history as the best premier this province never had. "
ezbeatz

Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5
votes: 10

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, John Tory will go down as the worst leader we ever had... :evil:

Come on guys, if John Tory ran the province like he ran the party, it would be a disaster!
RCO

votes: 3

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ezbeatz wrote:
No, John Tory will go down as the worst leader we ever had... :evil:

Come on guys, if John Tory ran the province like he ran the party, it would be a disaster!

i don't think the province could be any worse than what it is under mcguinty , as were in a deep recession and running a massive deficit . anything would of been an improvement .

john tory just lacked that killer or winners instinct , he just didn't seem to know what to do , to win or score points with the voters . he would come close like when he ran for mayor of toroto but could never seem to win the big prize .
Mac

votes: 35

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tory has the knack of convincing people within the party that he was something which he patently was not: competent.

Regardless which level of politics Tory campaigned at, he failed miserably as soon as he was exposed to the public. I still can't get over how many people sincerely believe Tory is a giant instead of recognizing he is a gnat.

-Mac
Rusty Bedsprings

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tory was a good guy (do you agree?) but definitely not a politician.
SFrank85

votes: 4

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tory does deserve some credit. He did get the party out of debt. It is not all gloom and doom.

But it is time for a real conservative to take charge again. Red Toryism failed with Eves, it failed with Tory, letís not make the same mistake.
mrsocko

votes: 8

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Tory was a good guy

Who finished last.

And if ya ain't first yer last (Ricky Bobby's dad)
Jason Kauppinen

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or as the SEALs say: "Second place means you're the first loser."
Rusty Bedsprings

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason Kauppinen wrote:
Quote:
Or as the SEALs say: "Second place means you're the first loser."

do fish speak to you too :P
Jason Kauppinen

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's still coming on strong folks:

Tory: Best premier we never had

As a 30-year old Progressive Conservative party activist from Toronto, I must say, with no disrespect to the other leaders, John Tory has been the greatest leader our party has had in my lifetime.

John went where no Conservative leader has gone before. I say this when you look at the fact that he worked so hard to grow the party in Toronto with a goal to bring about a positive alternative to the people of Ontario. His professional approach helped raise the bar for our elected officials. He's the hardest working politician I know.

The outreach he did, the events he attended and the fact he reached out to our multicultural communities and marched in so many gay pride parades has made him a great leader who wanted to represent every Ontarian.

I've heard from so many people who believed he should have been our mayor. He talked about competition for services, better ways to deal with our garbage, eliminating waste at City Hall, and gridlock. He even promised he would not run for another term as mayor if he didn't fulfil his commitments.

He has a tireless work ethic and his dedication to public service can't be matched. From the United Way to the CFL to numerous important charitable causes, John has impressed many and will continue to do so. He's a fundraiser extraordinaire who cleaned up the party's massive debt -- a debt he inherited after the 2003 election.

John Tory is a clean politician and many could learn from him. His honest approach is something we badly need from so many folks at all levels of government.

When he decided to run for a seat in Toronto, it showed his true commitment to the city and the importance to grow the party in the sea of Liberal red. It also sent a message that he was serious about running a strong team of candidates; and that he did -- people like Gary Grant, Gary Crawford, Diana Hall and David Shiner ran in Toronto because John Tory was the leader, not because it was any regular election in Ontario and that they were die-hard Conservatives. They believe in John, as do I.

I ran for and continue to serve on the party executive today because of John Tory's outstanding leadership.

I agree with Christina Blizzard, John Tory will definitely go down as the best premier Ontario never had. I would also add, the greatest mayor Toronto never had.

But maybe the mayoralty is still a possibility coming up.

Justin Van Dette

Regional Vice-President

Ontario PC Party

(The man gives and he gives and he gives. Give him a break!)
http://www.torontosun.com/comm.....1-sun.html
Jason Kauppinen

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So here's an open question to my fellow conservatives: When's the last time John Tory was involved in a campaign that actually won? Was it in the 1980's? That's 20 years ago almost!
cosmostein

votes: 21

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a hard loss,
We got what we wanted at the end of the day in regards to a new leader prior to 2011, so as Conservatives I see no need to rub salt in the mans wounds.

He lost, and he lost in a riding a blue sock should have won. As a result he stepped down and we get Tim Hudak or some other Blue Tory.

I have said kind words about the man after his defeat because I have no need to kick him while he is down, and that is what I suspect we are seeing from those within and around the party,

However, in the media its a different story.

One of those be careful what you wish for situations. They hammered Tory, and hammered him over and over again, and finally he went away...

Now you have to deal with a real Conservatives, and all of us Harris-ites who left the party again.

They will soon long for the days of a PC party that is a political after thought.
Jason Kauppinen

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I have no need to kick him while he is down,"

When was he up?

How many failures do good intentions excuse?

Can he give Conservatives in Ontario the past two years back? How about all the ground that was lost after his infamous "Is this the face we want representing Canada" ad?

What is with this pretense of claiming that someone would have been a good x when they've demonstrated utterly no ability to get the job? Are Red Tories going to start claiming that the Chicago Cubs are the best World Series champions that baseball never had?

Good intentions might excuse one failure--if the person then has the decency to admit that their abilities aren't up to the job. It doesn't excuse the last 20 years of a train wreck of a political career.

Goto page 1, 2  Next  

Jump to: