Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page 1, 2  Next  

View previous topic :: View next topic  

will you have a better opinion on his leadership if he wins a seat
yes
14%
 14%  [ 2 ]
no
85%
 85%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 14

RCO

votes: 3

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:47 pm    Post subject: better opinion of John Tory's leadership if he wins seat Reply with quote

will you have a better opinion or view of John Tory's leadership if he wins a seat tomorrow in haliburton kawartha lakes brock
wasn't room for my exact title anyways .

but thats sort of my question , will you be more comfortable with him as leader if he wins a seat and returns to the legislature and attempts to hold the mcguinty liberals accountable as opposition leader. tory has had a rough year since the last election so this could be a turning point and unforuently during this year the economy has deteriorated , so an opposition leader is definity needed there . of course he has to win the by-election obvivously , if he were to not i couldn't see him being able to stay on.
ezbeatz

Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5
votes: 10

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even if John Tory wins this seat, who cares? It's one of the most conservative ridings in Ontario. A donkey with sign that said OPC could win. I will say this. If he doesn't win decisively (ie. by more than 5,000 votes) he should step down because there's no way in hell he'll win a general election.
RCO

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ezbeatz wrote:
Even if John Tory wins this seat, who cares? It's one of the most conservative ridings in Ontario. A donkey with sign that said OPC could win. I will say this. If he doesn't win decisively (ie. by more than 5,000 votes) he should step down because there's no way in hell he'll win a general election.

Well the margin of victory might be a tough one especially in a by-election and some other by-elections have been close even in fairly safe ontario pc ridings recently like i know whitby and burlington ones were close even though there considered fairly safe seats . and in the recent federal election some cpc candidates only got elected by slim margins one by something like 17 votes and that allowed him to become an mp .
but i do agree that haliburton kawartha lakes should be a winnable riding for just about any conservative candidate although part of the key to laurie scotts and barry devolins success there is the fact there well known and connected in the riding and have developed a relationship with there constituents .
Rusty Bedsprings

votes: 5

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How can you, a blue ferret could win in his riding.
RCO

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rusty Bedsprings wrote:
How can you, a blue ferret could win in his riding.

ok but laurie scott did not win the riding on her first try , she lost as a federal pc candidate there in 2000 .
if that means anything , but it is considered to be a fairly safe seat now and any conservative candidate has an advantage there over the opponents .
Northern Ontario Tory

Reputation: 44.4Reputation: 44.4Reputation: 44.4Reputation: 44.4
votes: 5

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A win by John Tory is apparently not a sure thing.

Following the live results http://www.elections.on.ca/en-.....ts2009.htm and it has been close through 107 of 258 polls ...... Tory is currently trailing by about 59 votes! Could the Liberals pull it off?

Update: after 130 polls, Tory now trailing by 196 votes!
FF_Canuck

votes: 17

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

335 votes behind, with 149 polls reporting. Is it wrong to be enjoying this?
Willg

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He trails now by almost 400 votes.
Willg

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FF_Canuck wrote:

No it isn't.

People I know were canvassing for him. I refused simply because my heart would not be into it.
RCO

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FF_Canuck wrote:

yes it is wrong to be enjoying this cause ontario's economy is a mess and it desperately needs new leadership , that it looks like this by-election might not provide . instead it might provide us with one more liberal mpp who will do nothing and another ontario pc leadership race sooner rather than later ?
FF_Canuck

votes: 17

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, 229 out of 258 reporting, and Tory trails by 900 votes. I'd say this one's over...
Mac

votes: 35

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even if Tory won (highly unlikely at this point) he's still a political maladroit who has failed at everything he's put his hand to... Tory needs to go...

-Mac
RCO

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there is only 20 polls left and he is 1000 votes behind it does not look like he is going to pull it off , i hope for his sake and the parties sake that he does not plan on staying around as leader after tonight , he was welcome to stay as leader if he could win the seat but this result is not exceptable and embarrassing .
John Larocque

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He should run for Toronto Major again, or maybe take over Rogers (if they'll let him). But this chapter on his life, I think, is near to an end.
905 Tory

votes: 2

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mac wrote:
Even if Tory won (highly unlikely at this point) he's still a political maladroit who has failed at everything he's put his hand to... Tory needs to go...

-Mac

Its sad actually. I feel sorry for him personally even though I never agreed with anything he ever said. He lost everything he has ever been involved in. I'd probably go into hiding for year after something like this. I mean come on, even Joe Clark won in Alliance country back in 2000. Any thoughts about leadership possibilities (new beginnings?)?

Goto page 1, 2  Next  

Jump to: