Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page Previous  1, 2  

View previous topic :: View next topic  

will you have a better opinion on his leadership if he wins a seat
yes
14%
 14%  [ 2 ]
no
85%
 85%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 14

FF_Canuck

votes: 17

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's well out of what is normally considered recount territory - hopefully he will spare the OPCs and the taxpayers that additional expense.
ezbeatz

Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5
votes: 10

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

905 Tory wrote:
Its sad actually. I feel sorry for him personally even though I never agreed with anything he ever said. He lost everything he has ever been involved in. I'd probably go into hiding for year after something like this. I mean come on, even Joe Clark won in Alliance country back in 2000. Any thoughts about leadership possibilities (new beginnings?)?

I don't feel sorry for him. He deserved it. He blew the 1993 federal election. He blew the 2003 Mayoral election in Toronto. He blew the 2007 Ontario provincial election after leading the OPC's to their WORST elector defeat in provincial history. He lost two ridings in a row. Oh yeah, he's been the official (seatless) leader of the opposition for over a year and a half. As far as politics goes, I think John Tory's ineptness tops the lot. He's worst then Dion.
ezbeatz

Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5
votes: 10

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know about you guys but I kind of like Frank Klees. By the looks of it, he's a real conservative.

According to wikipedia, "Klees made healthcare his biggest priority in the campaign. He was the only candidate to openly endorse a semi-privatized health care system. Other key issues of his campaign were school choice, physical education in the school system, OHIP statements, and foreign-trained doctors applying for employment."

DavidK

votes: 5

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klees is a nice man. Met him at the convention, he seems pretty genuine.

PS. Tory is done. But only by about .6% of the vote. Still that's a BIG loss, being that close to 10,000 votes was the winning number last election for Laurie Scott.
905 Tory

votes: 2

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ezbeatz wrote:

I don't feel sorry for him. He deserved it. He blew the 1993 federal election. He blew the 2003 Mayoral election in Toronto. He blew the 2007 Ontario provincial election after leading the OPC's to their WORST elector defeat in provincial history. He lost two ridings in a row. Oh yeah, he's been the official (seatless) leader of the opposition for over a year and a half. As far as politics goes, I think John Tory's ineptness tops the lot. He's worst then Dion.

Its him personally I felt for, as one man to the next. Who is he to blame for having such bad judgment/luck/background/leadership politically and on display for the world to see. In 1993, he shares the blame for the two-seaters--how embarrassing. He, however, did not lose the election for the tories in '93. That was lost before it happened--Kim Campbell couldn't obviously size up with three other giants eating at her (Bouchard in Quebec, Manning in the West, and Chretien in Ontario and other places).
905 Tory

votes: 2

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klees is good but does he have the name value? I recommend recruiting from the Feds--more or less Baird. He'd make a good premier but I would be reluctant too since he is set as a cabinet minister with a good team job. Otherwise, I think Klees could make a good leader, but only after the public gets to know him.
DavidK

votes: 5

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This proves to me that the party needs to shift further right. If John T., who was pretty left, even for a Red Tory, couldn’t win.. We need bluer!
FF_Canuck

votes: 17

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The totals are up [url=http://www.briangardiner.ca/hespeler/?p=1700]At Home in Hespeler[/quote]: the PCs suffered a loss of over 9,000 votes, taking 70% of reduced turnout. Considering that the Liberals actually gained 1,000 votes, I suspect many PCs held their noses and expedited Tory's resignation.
Mac

votes: 35

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So if the question was "better opinion if Tory wins" then the reciprocal question remains: having lost, do we have a worse opinion of Tory?

For myself, he's already a write-off who should have resigned instantly after the last provincial election so I don't know how I could think any worse of him... but if he still insists on staying on as leader after all of this, yes, I will think the worse of him... if that's possible...

-Mac

Goto page Previous  1, 2  

Jump to: