Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page 1, 2  Next  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rusty Bedsprings

votes: 5

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:42 pm    Post subject: McGuilty has gone from zero to hero =) Reply with quote

Quote:
People who abuse animals will face jail, stiffer fines and a lifetime ban
on animal ownership under the strongest animal protection law in Canada.
Passed today by the Ontario legislature, the Provincial Animal Welfare
Act is the first top-to-bottom modernization of Ontario's animal protection
laws since 1919.

<<
Other key changes include:
- Creating new provincial offences including causing or permitting
distress to an animal
- Allowing the Ontario Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals
to inspect places where animals are kept for entertainment,
exhibition, boarding, sale or hire
- Requiring veterinarians to report suspected abuse and neglect, and
protecting them from personal liability for doing so
- Extending the act's coverage to zoos.
>>

http://ogov.newswire.ca/ontari.....ng=_e.html

Thank god, finally some justice for the torchered animals in Ontario :D If McGuilty runs again (can he?) I'll vote for him :)!
ezbeatz

Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5
votes: 10

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're kidding right? We're in the middle of a provincial recession with a ban crazy liberal government and you want them re-elected? I sure don't but then again there's no really alternative (re: John Tory :evil:).
Rusty Bedsprings

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ezbeatz wrote:
Quote:
You're kidding right? We're in the middle of a provincial recession with a ban crazy liberal government and you want them re-elected? I sure don't but then again there's no really alternative (re: John Tory ).

Well I certainly want McGuilty recognized for this step in the right direction. Now the next step is getting the government to subsidize the S.P.C.A.
SFrank85

votes: 4

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good lord, someone hacked into Rusty’s account!
Rusty Bedsprings

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No frank, I am just what I think you would call, part of a special interest group. Anything to do with animal rights (that is reasonable) I will throw all my support behind.
DavidK

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So McGuinty helps animals while the people of Ontario suffer, that's cause to elect him again??? - Rusty, lay off the pot.
Rusty Bedsprings

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David wrote:
Quote:
So McGuinty helps animals while the people of Ontario suffer, that's cause to elect him again

So you don't think helping animals be treated as living things is important? Need I remind you of some of the horrible case's in Ontario to do with dogs were the perpetrator went unpunished?

And give me a break, people in Ontario don't suffer a day in their lives compared to some of the animals in Ontario! Give me a break, life's so tough, cry me a river.

Last edited by Rusty Bedsprings on Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
ezbeatz

Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5
votes: 10

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rusty Bedsprings wrote:
geese

I shot a couple of those with my 12 gauge. To be honest, it wasn't that special because there's not a whole lot of meat. I stuffed one of them though and it's hanging from my ceiling. It's friggin' cool dude!
FF_Canuck

votes: 17

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ezbeatz wrote:
Rusty Bedsprings wrote:
geese

I shot a couple of those with my 12 gauge. To be honest, it wasn't that special because there's not a whole lot of meat. I stuffed one of them though and it's hanging from my ceiling. It's friggin' cool dude!
You should give pheasant a try, if that's an option in Ontario. They taste great, and IMO, are more fun to hunt.
DavidK

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rusty Bedsprings wrote:
David wrote:
Quote:
So McGuinty helps animals while the people of Ontario suffer, that's cause to elect him again

So you don't think helping animals be treated as living things is important? Need I remind you of some of the horrible case's in Ontario to do with dogs were the perpetrator went unpunished?

And give me a break, people in Ontario don't suffer a day in their lives compared to some of the animals in Ontario! Give me a break, life's so tough, geese.

As far as you know, maybe. But while I care about animals, I'll NEVER put any animal above my own personal well being. And while DM may be kind to the zoos, he's done ZERO for me! - That's what I care about.
crazymamma

votes: 14

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rusty I can certainly understand you applauding Dolton and his merry gang of thieves doing something you think will help a Cause you care about.

But I gotta ask:

What the heck does:

Quote:

distress to an animal

Actually mean? What is the definition of distress? <My dog gets distressed when I cool a roast on a counter to high for him to steal it. Just who gets to define what distress means anyhow? Ambiguity/open to interpretation sucks the big one.

Quote:
Allowing the Ontario Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals

Great this just further eroded our almost non-existent property rights. OSPCA can come on to your property and poke around with out showing cause or a warrant. I may be wrong but the OSPCA isn't even a government function, I always thought they were a non-profit/volunteer organization or something like that. You are comfortable with giving yet another entity the right to walk on any body's property, with no just cause and give them powers?

Quote:
Requiring veterinarians to report suspected abuse and neglect, and

Thats not open to abuse is it? Just what is the definition of abuse anyway?Is abuse in the eye of the beholder or what? A lot of how someone treats an animal is based on belief not facts. Some folks idea of cruel/abuse/neglect is another's common sense.

I am not in anyway minimizing the cruelties that man can and does commit upon animals.
Rusty Bedsprings

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ezbeatz :lol: I fixed it
Rusty Bedsprings

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David wrote:
Quote:
As far as you know, maybe. But while I care about animals, I'll NEVER put any animal above my own personal well being. And while DM may be kind to the zoos, he's done ZERO for me! - That's what I care about.

Yes but I hardly think you suffer at all compared to some of the animals in this Provence, I assume this since you are writing on a Internet forum, not locked up in a basement with no food or water.
Rusty Bedsprings

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crazymama asked, "what does this mean?"
Quote:
distress to an animal

Well it means that when puppy mills shut down they will have to do something about the left over dogs, not leave them their to eat each other and die of thirst. Pleasant what we turn a blind eye to isn't it?

Crazymama asked, "what does this mean?"
Quote:
Allowing the Ontario Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals

Well this means that road sides zoo's, puppy mill's, and carnivals can't abuse living creatures. You don't have to worry about the SPCA coming after you because you don't put your dog on exhibition for profit do you?, also the SPCA is not funded by the government so they have bigger fish to fry then you.

Crazymama asked "what does this mean?"
Quote:
Requiring veterinarians to report suspected abuse and neglect, and

Well this means the veterinarians will be forced to be ethical in their work.

Hopefully David and others can make the terrible, terrible sacrifices needed in order to give animals rights. I know it will be hard everyone but we will have to make sacrifices, we won't be allowed to torture animals anymore :cry: :cry: my heart breaks thinking that I won't have the right to abuse animals anymore.
Rusty Bedsprings

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't heard much support for this witch puzzles me, all I have heard is David complain about his life being tough enough as it is and Crazymama nit pick words and pretend that their could be some sinister reasons for this bill, and frankly it insults her intelligence since I know she can read and compute the words/phrases.

Goto page 1, 2  Next  

Jump to: