Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gordiecanuk

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:59 pm    Post subject: Anti Abortion Ad featuring...Barack Obama, now on youtube. Reply with quote

Just blogged on it quickly...paid for by the Catholic church it seems. A powerful message imo regardless of one's politics.
FF_Canuck

votes: 17

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We discussed the ad in another thread, albeit briefly. I agree - I'm not particularly passionate about the issue, but I found it pretty touching.
SFrank85

votes: 4

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a very powerful message indeed. If only Obama were pro-life, I would support him more often.
gordiecanuk

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I consider myself Pro-Choice, but with that being said I'm happiest when the choice is made for life. Better a woman decide to have a child because she wants to have...as opposed to feeling or being forced. That's just my opinion, but I'm not 100% happy with the zero law no restrictions whatsoever enviornment we have in Canada right now. Pregnancy isn't an illness, yet abortion is publicly funded.
Craig
Site Admin

Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8
votes: 36

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gordiecanuk wrote:
Better a woman decide to have a child because she wants to have...as opposed to feeling or being forced.

Absolutely - but the CHOICE should be made in the bedroom not the operating room.
gordiecanuk

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craig wrote:
gordiecanuk wrote:
Better a woman decide to have a child because she wants to have...as opposed to feeling or being forced.

Absolutely - but the CHOICE should be made in the bedroom not the operating room.

Speaking from personal experience...that is not unique to myself I'm sure, young lovers aren't thinking about potential procreation in the heat of the moment, its the furthest thing from their minds. Precautions do fail....and Rome would ban them if it still had the authority.

There's a lot of stigma attached to a young unmarried pregnant woman...even in this modern age of ours. Welfare moms are disdained by many...including many who would seek to ban abortion.

If people's attitudes were to change about ensuring these woman weren't overwhelmingly subjected to a life of poverty...would help. Put the GST up to 8% and use the money to fund child care and income supplements for those taking education to improve their lives. How would the Pro-Life crowd feel about that?
lucamanfredi

Reputation: 41.3Reputation: 41.3Reputation: 41.3Reputation: 41.3
votes: 2

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am pro-choice and I would say "NO" to that unequivocally.

Quote:
young lovers aren't thinking about potential procreation in the heat of the moment, its the furthest thing from their minds

Ignorance isn't an excuse for anything. In the heat of the moment you can run through a red light, and you're still at fault.

Jump to: