Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

View previous topic :: View next topic  
FF_Canuck

votes: 17

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:44 pm    Post subject: Gore and AGW slammed... Reply with quote

... at the Huffington Post. HuffPo is like a better funded, glitzier, American version of rabble.ca, so this is no small thing:

Harold Ambler wrote:
You are probably wondering whether President-elect Obama owes the world an apology for his actions regarding global warming. The answer is, not yet. There is one person, however, who does. You have probably guessed his name: Al Gore.

Mr. Gore has stated, regarding climate change, that "the science is in." Well, he is absolutely right about that, except for one tiny thing. It is the biggest whopper ever sold to the public in the history of humankind...
LINK

Lots of good crunchy facts follow. It's not the science that's remarkable (we've all seen it), but the source. This is, perhaps, another sign that we're declining from the high water-mark of AGW alarmism...
krackerjack121

votes: 2

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FFCanuck wrote:
This is, perhaps, another sign that we're declining from the high water-mark of AGW alarmism...

I sure hope so.

Rocky
Mac

votes: 35

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Huffington is saying it, maybe Obama is heading there?

-Mac
urbanmonk

votes: 5

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you suppose it's just that the newest global "crisis" (worldwide economic collapse) has more potential to steer public opinion and advance liberal causes in the immediate future.
I wonder if allowing dissenting voices in this has more to do with throwing Algore under the bus than it does with weakening support for AGW. Lately I've noticed Al being dissed more and more, maybe he was just a useful idiot!
Mac

votes: 35

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

urbanmonk wrote:
Lately I've noticed Al being dissed more and more, maybe he was just a useful idiot!

Idiot, sure. Useful? Not so much.

-Mac
mrsocko

votes: 8

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scientists are the priests of the new age. In the past you believed everything your priest told you. Now the masses put their faith in science.

Wonder when people will lose faith in agenda ridden scientists.
DavidK

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrsocko wrote:
Scientists are the priests of the new age. In the past you believed everything your priest told you. Now the masses put their faith in science.

Sad huh? By definition, Faith is: "a strong belief in a supernatural power or powers that control human destiny"

What is supernatural about science? They (scientists) apparently have an answer for everything. It's not that people have faith in science, it is that they are LOSING faith altogether!
fiscalconservative

Reputation: 49.9Reputation: 49.9Reputation: 49.9Reputation: 49.9Reputation: 49.9
votes: 6

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrsocko wrote:

Science is the scientific method and logic. Religion is about faith.

Scientist: I believe the earth is so many billion years old because
(long list of evidence)

Priest: The earth is 6000 years old because it says so here in the book and I believe every thing in this book is true.

In Science when a new theory comes forward, it is debated and after time a consensus is usually reached. PCB's and Asbestos used to be thought of as harmless, but new evidence caused people to change their opinion.

In Religion when someone comes up with a new theory, a war starts. People rarely change views because their views are based on the faith. Heck, there are people who believe the earth is still flat because they believe the bible says it is.

I guess the bottom line is that Science thrives on intelligent argument. Religion does not . So if you disagree with a scientists, you can come up with a better argument.
Darth Vader

Reputation: 5.4Reputation: 5.4Reputation: 5.4Reputation: 5.4Reputation: 5.4
votes: 1

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't believe in all the global warming bunk however I would take global warming over global cooling anyday. The last time we had global cooling much of Canada was covered in ice over a kilometer thick.
SFrank85

votes: 4

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darth Vader wrote:
I don't believe in all the global warming bunk however I would take global warming over global cooling anyday. The last time we had global cooling much of Canada was covered in ice over a kilometer thick.

That is happening today, look at Winnipeg! :lol:
urbanmonk

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darth Vader wrote:

I don't know...might be eaiser to live in an ice house than an oven.
...what am I saying? We're all doomed!!!
FF_Canuck

votes: 17

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

urbanmonk wrote:
Darth Vader wrote:

I don't know...might be eaiser to live in an ice house than an oven.
...what am I saying? We're all doomed!!!

That was one of the ironies of AGW hysteria - historically, the world's 'warm' periods have been times of unparalleled prosperity, as crop yields exploded, and people spent less time surviving and more time innovating. There's more than a few projections for increased warmth that hold it as a net positive for humanity.

So while our current tech level allows us to somewhat mitigate a colder world, it could also leverage a warmer climate much better.
urbanmonk

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Despite record low temps Gore pitches global warming in Washington and gets dissed by a Republican senator, too funny.
Inhofe Calls Gore's Climate Message 'Desperate'

Jump to: