Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page 1, 2  Next  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rusty Bedsprings

votes: 5

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 3:50 pm    Post subject: Could Henry Morgentaler be the Devil? Reply with quote

Warning: this post may be interprited to be insulting but I don't intend to insult anyone and yes I am quite serious about this post.

I am a Christian and I have learnt that the devil takes on differnt forms to trick people into doing evil.

Now i suppose only real belivers in the christian version of god/devil or anyone educated in christianity can answer me on wheather Morgentaler could be the devil. I am speacking from a solely biblical point of view and would like to know, not if you personally think it's farfetched but if christanity would. I am essentially asking anyone educated in christianity if it is plausable for morgantaler to be the devil.

Why I think he may be the devil; 1.Has tricked many men/women into killing babys. 2 True christians don't support abortion. 3 I don't see why not
ezbeatz

Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5
votes: 10

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 4:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Could Henry Morgentaler be the Devil? Reply with quote

Rusty Bedsprings wrote:
Warning: this post may be interprited to be insulting but I don't intend to insult anyone and yes I am quite serious about this post.

I am a Christian and I have learnt that the devil takes on differnt forms to trick people into doing evil.

Now i suppose only real belivers in the christian version of god/devil or anyone educated in christianity can answer me on wheather Morgentaler could be the devil. I am speacking from a solely biblical point of view and would like to know, not if you personally think it's farfetched but if christanity would. I am essentially asking anyone educated in christianity if it is plausable for morgantaler to be the devil.

Why I think he may be the devil; 1.Has tricked many men/women into killing babys. 2 True christians don't support abortion. 3 I don't see why not

I don't like him but I don't think he's the devil.
crazymamma

votes: 14

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morgentaler the Devil??? Na he is small potatoes on the world scheme of things. Could he have given into despair while incarcerated in a Nazi Concentration camp and be easy pickings for a demon possesion...If you believe in that sort of stuff, sure. After all he became what he was enveloped in didn't he? Sort of an ask me sideways Stockholm syndrome....

I kinda always worry when the death of any group is the answer for any other given group's comfortable survival....
Rusty Bedsprings

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crazymamma: Yes I agree taht hes small patatoes but he's one of the few evil people on this earth who are prasied for being good when they are evil. It seems like some sinister plot to instill a very evil man as a hero of good men/women.

And lets for a second give him full credit for the legalization of abortion, in 100 years from now how many babys will have died because of him. And what great people would those babys have become in there lives.
crazymamma

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rusty Bedsprings wrote:
crazymamma: Yes I agree that hes small potatoes but he's one of the few evil people on this earth who are prasied for being good when they are evil. It seems like some sinister plot to instill a very evil man as a hero of good men/women.

And lets for a second give him full credit for the legalization of abortion, in 100 years from now how many babys will have died because of him. And what great people would those babys have become in there lives.

Look I have to admit I am not what you would call "fully Baked" in my thinking on this. I believe if you are going to give credence to the proposition of God you must also do the same for his Yang the Devil. To deny the presence of the devil or evil is just plain stupid IMNSHO.
Do I think abortion in most cases is an insane act of self absorption? Yes I do.

Do I think it is an evil thing in it's self under some circumstances.Yes I do.

Do I believe that abortion is legal in Canada only because of Dr, M? Not for a single minute, he was the instrument, the handy scalpel so to speak that is all. If it wasn't him it would be someone else. The country was ripe or else there would have been riots in the streets to protest. I do not recall those riots happening.

Do I mourn the children that are lost to abortion, yes I do in a quiet way. yet at the same time how can I believe that God who is all powerful would allow an essential person to the development of mankind to be slaughtered in such an off hand manner...I haven't worked that out yet in my heart/mind.

I believe that many more people have committed much evil and it has gone undetected. Environmentalists who were responsible for the deaths of millions upon millions of dark skinned folks because they lied and had DDT banned from the world. This is a very complex world where those that are doing good are totally blind as to the evil consequences their actions will have on the world. Pride and arrogance be their name.

My understanding is that the devil will one day walk among us...the Anti Christ will be born and bring about the rapture. Dr M. is definitely not that man/person/entity in my minds eye.

I am a believer in God no doubt, I guess in a way I am a very selfish believer in the way I go about my business, I feel charged by God to watch and address my shortcomings, to take my inventory, strive to be a better human being every day. I see no place for me to be watching others looking for opportunity to condemn them, yet I am charged to protect the weak... a cunundrum...I am still searching for all my answers and my line in the sand of every beach I come across....clearly I have more questions then answers...as I said not totally baked in my understanding/thinking in all these complex areas.
Rusty Bedsprings

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crazymamma: Good answer on dr.m.

I am also interested in how ddt killed people. Are you talking about people in africa starving because of it's banning?
mr12387

votes: 2

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:12 am    Post subject: Re: Could Henry Morgentaler be the Devil? Reply with quote

Rusty Bedsprings wrote:

I am a Christian and I have learnt that the devil takes on different forms to trick people into doing evil.

While I am not a Christian if you don't mind I'd like to add in my two cents. I too am against abortion and don't quite understand how modern society is so nonchalant about it.

However, I think Morgentaler is much like the rest of people who are pro-abortion: they don't believe it's a bad thing. So despite the fact that we believe he is doing something extremely wrong, I truly believe that he thinks his actions are in the best interest of Canadians and that he is genuine in that belief. So despite the way we personally view the outcome of his actions, I don't think he has any malicious intent.
crazymamma

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rusty Bedsprings wrote:
crazymamma: Good answer on dr.m.

I am also interested in how ddt killed people. Are you talking about people in africa starving because of it's banning?

No I am not talking about Famine, I am talking about how DDT is or was used to control the mosquito population. Mosquitoes carry a deadly disease called Malaria, Millions die from Malaria every year.

Quote:
There are claims that restrictions on the use of DDT in vector control have resulted in substantial numbers of unnecessary deaths due to malaria. Estimates for the number of deaths that have been caused by an alleged lack of availability of DDT range from hundreds of thousands, according to Nicholas Kristof, to much higher figures. Robert Gwadz of the National Institutes of Health said in 2007 that "The ban on DDT may have killed 20 million children." Paul Driessen, author of Eco-Imperialism: Green Power, Black Death, argues that the epidemic of malaria in Africa not only takes the lives of 2 million people a year, but leaves those who survive malaria unable to contribute to the economy while sick and more vulnerable to subsequent diseases that might kill them.

But what do the "environmentalist" care? WTHeck those kids are brown and they live waaaaay over there in Africa or some such barbaric place. They don't have to live with those souls staining their pristine lives.....
Dauphin

Reputation: 41.7Reputation: 41.7Reputation: 41.7Reputation: 41.7

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No - he's a human, just a very deceived and corrupted one.

Pray for him.
Sean McAllister

Reputation: 35.3Reputation: 35.3Reputation: 35.3Reputation: 35.3
votes: 2

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hes the devil of you're pro life. And Hes a saint if you're pro-choice.
Rusty Bedsprings

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am pro life and pro choice, I support the baby haveing a choice! :) No but really, why they call it pro choice is beyond me because the person being killed has no choice in the matter.
crazymamma

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would really hate to see a philosophical discussion of the nature and existence of evil to denigrate into yet another unwinable debate ( for either side) on abortion. How mundane and boring.
mrsocko

votes: 8

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

75% of the world believes in a spiritual world. The bible/Talmud/Koran all speak of demonic possesion/opression. It is plausible that much of the evil in this world is due to this possesion/oppression.
Rusty Bedsprings

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrsocko wrote:
Quote:
75% of the world believes in a spiritual world. The bible/Talmud/Koran all speak of demonic possesion/opression. It is plausible that much of the evil in this world is due to this possesion/oppression.

I'm not sure I understand you, what possesion/oppression?
paisley_cross

votes: 3

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrsocko wrote:

Is it plausible or simply that people believe it to be plausible? Or even if 75% of the people believe in a spiritual world (or at least that is what they tell pollsters) it doesn't mean they believe everything their religion teaches.

Just because I believe in the devil doesn't mean that it really exists.

Goto page 1, 2  Next  

Jump to: