Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should the family be able to remove a headstone?
yes
33%
 33%  [ 2 ]
no
66%
 66%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 6

kwlafayette

votes: 28

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:02 pm    Post subject: Headstone for Aqsa Parvez. Reply with quote

Should the family have any say?

PS. Some background. Aqsa Parvez is the victim of an honor killing. Her father and brother have been charged and will stand trial. Traditionally, people who have been killed for honor get no marker on their grave.

This happened right here in Canada, in Ontario. Isn't multiculturalism grand?

PPS.
http://atlasshrugs2000.typepad.....z-ten.html
SFrank85

votes: 4

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank god your rule of laws still exists. I hope that the father and brother face their time in the court of justice.

As for the family wanting a tombstone or not, government or society can not force them to put one there.
crazymamma

votes: 14

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SFrank85 wrote:
Thank god your rule of laws still exists. I hope that the father and brother face their time in the court of justice.

As for the family wanting a tombstone or not, government or society can not force them to put one there.

I have to reluctantly agree with Frank, with one huge BUT, should the father and brother be found guilty to have conspired to kill her then I think the wishes should be automatically excluded. I know the Mom seems to have had no direct link to the killing...again ...I am hard pressed to believe that she was clueless as to their intentions and still she did nothing to save her daughter. To do nothing is to directly endorse such an action. On those grounds I would be inclined to dismiss any protests on her behalf.
DavidK

votes: 5

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since this act of 'Honour Killing' is illegal in Canada, I don't give a damn what their Tradition dictates.

From a standpoint of faith: As a Christian, I believe my tradition dictates a lot that others don't accept today. So tough luck Mommy dearest! Welcome to the secular world!

You should be locked up too!
SFrank85

votes: 4

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DavidK wrote:
Since this act of 'Honour Killing' is illegal in Canada, I don't give a damn what their Tradition dictates.

From a standpoint of faith: As a Christian, I believe my tradition dictates a lot that others don't accept today. So tough luck Mommy dearest! Welcome to the secular world!

You should be locked up too!

Only if they have criminating evidence against her. Knowing how Islam operates, I bet she did not know what her husband and son were planning.
Rusty Bedsprings

votes: 5

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well since we are in Canada and one of our laws is that nobody is legally allowed to benefit from there crime. Then whatever the murderers want we should ignore and if the mom is proven innocent then we have no choice but to respect her wishes as she is the girls guardian.

Does anyone know if this case been settled yet?

Jump to: