Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page Previous  1, 2  

View previous topic :: View next topic  

should ohip cover sexchanges?
ya (it's like a birth right)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
no
94%
 94%  [ 17 ]
mabey but only if.....
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 18

Craig
Site Admin

Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8
votes: 36

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I worked with a transexual. I don't have a problem with it. I think it is weird but whatever. I just don't want to pay for it. I think universal health care is for things like cancer treatment not swapping genitals.
SFrank85

votes: 4

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craig wrote:
I worked with a transexual. I don't have a problem with it. I think it is weird but whatever. I just don't want to pay for it. I think universal health care is for things like cancer treatment not swapping genitals.

I agree. If a person wants to have the surgery, it is their decision and they will have to live with it for the rest of their life, but using tax dollars to fund these types of surgeries is not right, because it is not a universal need, and our system is strained of funds as it is.

As for the screening process, does it exist for sex transformational surgeries? Because I heard that the screening tests are not required to have the surgery done.
cosmostein

votes: 21

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the Liberals back-out Chiropratic Care and Optometry from OHIP but toss in Gender Re-Assignment?

Has the Province gone mad?

While I can sympathetic with someone who is Transgender, if our system has reached such a point where I need to pay to have a Cyst on my foot that prevented me from walking removed as "elective surgery" I think that sort of sets a standard as to what our OHIP covers:

Ailments that may or are currently killing you, or assuring you don't have an ailment that may or is currently killing you.
RuralandRight

Reputation: 41.5Reputation: 41.5Reputation: 41.5Reputation: 41.5
votes: 5

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been told most of my life that I throw a ball like a girl ... can I get gender reassignment for my right arm, me thinks it was born feminine.

I am only kidding of course.

Link

This lady could use a little Smitherman sponsored cosmetic surgery though.
Cool Blue

votes: 10

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The suicide rate of post-ops is just as high as pre-ops, indicating that the problem is mental not physical.

There's a pioneering sex-change surgeon from Montreal (name escapes me right now) who refuses to do the surgery now because of the high suicide rate of people he'd "cured".
Rusty Bedsprings

votes: 5

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Link

:lol:

cool blue wrote:
Quote:
The suicide rate of post-ops is just as high as pre-ops, indicating that the problem is mental not physical.

Yep
FF_Canuck

votes: 17

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool Blue wrote:

I hadn't heard that - do you have a link/reference for the study? GID is frequently comorbid with depression and anxiety spectrum disorders, so it wouldn't be too suprising if that were the case
Cool Blue

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FF_Canuck wrote:
Cool Blue wrote:

I hadn't heard that - do you have a link/reference for the study? GID is frequently comorbid with depression and anxiety spectrum disorders, so it wouldn't be too suprising if that were the case

I'll look around in my basement for the book this doctor had written and see if I can find it.

The issue of sex-change operations wasn't the topic of the book, which was actually about men's health.
Cool Blue

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the book I was referring too:

Private Parts: An Owner's Guide to the Male Anatomy
Author: Yosh Taguchi

http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/.....guchi%2527
Cool Blue

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SFrank85 wrote:

As for the screening process, does it exist for sex transformational surgeries? Because I heard that the screening tests are not required to have the surgery done.

I think there is. If I'm not mistaken they have to live as a woman for at least a year. And then they have to do the "pre-op" stuff for a least a year where they take drugs to feminize themselves.

Goto page Previous  1, 2  

Jump to: