Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Duck Tory

Reputation: 40.3Reputation: 40.3Reputation: 40.3Reputation: 40.3
votes: 4

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:04 pm    Post subject: Climate Change solutions MUST BE PRACTICAL Reply with quote

To combate Climat Change,Global warming or whatever BS they want to call it. Solutions have to be practical not out of touch or Fantasy in acheiving the supposed goal. let alone Fear does not do anything but create panic.
Mac

votes: 35

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Practical solutions for non-existent problems? I'm all for cleaning up pollution and creating sustainable industries (as well as sustainable government) but the Kyoto Accord had nothing to do with any of these... yet eco-freaks keep pushing it...

-Mac
Rusty Bedsprings

votes: 5

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

japan, don't get me started. They tell us to follow the kyoto protical while they hunt endangerd whales! Who do they think the are, I'm not falling for their BS!
fiscalconservative

Reputation: 49.9Reputation: 49.9Reputation: 49.9Reputation: 49.9Reputation: 49.9
votes: 6

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Climate Change solutions MUST BE PRACTICAL Reply with quote

Duck Tory wrote:
To combate Climat Change,Global warming or whatever BS they want to call it. Solutions have to be practical not out of touch or Fantasy in acheiving the supposed goal. let alone Fear does not do anything but create panic.

If we have to have a stimulus package, it should be spent doing something to help the economy for the long term. I think you can "fight Global Warming" and improve the economy at the same time.

Nuclear power plants fight global warming and are a cheap source of power.
Insulating houses would fight global warming and put construction workers back to work.
Geothermal heating would do the same thing.
A high speed rail coridor would reduce carbon output as well as aid the economy.

All of this together would help reduce our (the "West's) demand for oil, which would in turn reduce the power of Iran, Chavez, Russia, and the Arab states who citizens fund terrorism.
It would also make our economy much less vulnerable to the next oil shock (which simple supply and demand says is coming)
As an added bonus, it we would reduce more greenhouse gases than the Liberals did and give us some enviromental cred with the average citizen.

While I am not a big fan of stimulus, this would give us a lot more benifit that some cheque that is quickly spent on made in China crap.
Craig
Site Admin

Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8
votes: 36

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mandate white shingles
Craig
Site Admin

Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Globally, roofs account for 25% of the surface of most cities, and pavement accounts for about 35%. If all were switched to reflective material in 100 major urban areas, it would offset 44 metric gigatons of greenhouse gases, which have been trapping heat in the atmosphere and altering the climate on a potentially dangerous scale.

That is more than all the countries on Earth emit in a single year. And, with global climate negotiators focused on limiting a rapid increase in emissions, installing cool roofs and pavements would offset more than 10 years of emissions growth, even without slashing industrial pollution.

http://articles.latimes.com/20.....me-roofs10
fiscalconservative

Reputation: 49.9Reputation: 49.9Reputation: 49.9Reputation: 49.9Reputation: 49.9

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:26 am    Post subject: Okay... Reply with quote

I know someone has probably asked before, and their is probably a faq, but what is that animal ?
DavidK

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:33 am    Post subject: Re: Okay... Reply with quote

fiscalconservative wrote:
I know someone has probably asked before, and their is probably a faq, but what is that animal ?

You mean besides scary as hell?
Craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:00 am    Post subject: Re: Okay... Reply with quote

You mean my avatar? I don't know - but it has very cool hair 8)
Hasdrubal

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Want to fight global warming? Create an orbital giant fan. :lol:
Big Tuna

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look at it this way:

If Global Warming Believers are wrong.. there's no such thing as man made global warming:

We were wrong but we've changed our way of doing things.. we've become cleaner and more efficient. Our economy boomed developing and switching over to all sorts of green technologies. We now have industry fit for the 21st century and not dependent on middle eastern oil.

If Global Warming Deniers are wrong.. global warming is man made:

we were wrong, we did nothing and now we're all dead. At least our industries didn't have to become cleaner more efficient.

Should be a no-brainer.
Mac

votes: 35

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Tuna wrote:
Should be a no-brainer.

As I've often argued, efficiency and sustainability are laudable goals; nothing more is required. It would only be a "no-brainer" if there were actual improvements. The problem is schemes like the Kyoto Accord do nothing to address efficiency. The goals are arbitrary, based on a GHG which is an innocuous trace. The purpose is redistribution of wealth.

The problem is the more strident of eco-freaks pay lip service to the environment but their actual goal is nothing less than destruction of western civilization.

-Mac
kwlafayette

votes: 28

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:22 am    Post subject: Re: Okay... Reply with quote

DeBrazza's monkey

Jump to: