Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next  

View previous topic :: View next topic  

should john tory be replaced
yes
94%
 94%  [ 16 ]
no
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
mabey so
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 17

Rusty Bedsprings

votes: 5

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:07 pm    Post subject: john tory Reply with quote

do you think john tory should stay on. i think hes an honest guy but he relay screwed up with the jewish thing.
FF_Canuck

votes: 17

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:36 pm    Post subject: Re: john tory Reply with quote

Rusty Bedsprings wrote:
do you think john tory should stay on. i think hes an honest guy but he relay screwed up with the jewish thing.

Jewish thing? I never even heard of that... what was it, exactly?
DavidK

votes: 5

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:19 pm    Post subject: Re: john tory Reply with quote

FF_Canuck wrote:
Rusty Bedsprings wrote:

Jewish thing? I never even heard of that... what was it, exactly?

I think he means Faith based funding (for religious schools) ...

John Tory is the Ontario PC lame duck, he handed the Premier a majority... We need to sack him. But he's popular with the party Reds, so that's why he's still leader.

Well, I shouldn't say 'we' I'm not a member of the Ontario PCs, and I never will be, not under John Tory. But I am active for PC causes in Kitchener...
Craig
Site Admin

Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8
votes: 36

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Tory is our version of Dion. He needs to go...
Mac

votes: 35

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craig wrote:
John Tory is our version of Dion. He needs to go...

Agreed... and agreed...

-Mac
FF_Canuck

votes: 17

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DavidK wrote:
I think he means Faith based funding (for religious schools) ...

I'd never heard of it referred to that way, but sure. I remember when that debate broke out on the boards, and I hate to say I told you so, but that policy was absolutely not worth rejecting Tory in favour of McGuinty...

Regardless, he definately should have been dumped. I was quite suprised when he won another mandate for leadership.
Jeff

Reputation: 6.1Reputation: 6.1Reputation: 6.1Reputation: 6.1Reputation: 6.1Reputation: 6.1
votes: 1

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People get so involved in the whole lifestyle that they start believing their own partisan BS of "our guy is always right and the other side is always wrong." I think most people agreed that he made a lot of mistakes, not just the faith based schooling, but they swallowed the party line whole from the Tory backers explaining it away.
kwlafayette

votes: 28

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who is John Tory? I scanned the headlines of the last 6 months, and no mention of the "John Tory" character. Is that like "John Hancock"?
tonyducey26

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he should. Had it not been for the schools funding issue in the last election he'd be Premier in Ontario today.
SFrank85

votes: 4

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he does not get a seat in the legislature, he needs to go for the good of the party. It is becoming sad that the PC leader is not in the legislature taking on McGuinty head on!
Mac

votes: 35

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tonyducey26 wrote:
I think he should. Had it not been for the schools funding issue in the last election he'd be Premier in Ontario today.

If it hadn't been the faith-based school funding issue, it would have been something else. Tory is the Pro-Con Party of Ontario's version of Joe Clark... a political maladroit who somehow manages to convince the party faithful of his golden intentions but delivers nothing!

-Mac
Jeff

Reputation: 6.1Reputation: 6.1Reputation: 6.1Reputation: 6.1Reputation: 6.1Reputation: 6.1

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SFrank85 wrote:
If he does not get a seat in the legislature, he needs to go for the good of the party. It is becoming sad that the PC leader is not in the legislature taking on McGuinty head on!

Right,but the bigger question is, why are there so many yes men in the OPC that it is necessary for a leader to want to do the right thing? When they have no political instincts like John Tory the results are disastrous.

It is shocking to me. So many people volunteer their money and free time to a party, and they really don't understand their own interest. Lets put ideology aside, John Tory hasn't been a strong leader and has taken numerous hits to his legitimacy with the public (namely not being able to win his own seat).
SFrank85

votes: 4

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeff wrote:
SFrank85 wrote:

Right,but the bigger question is, why are there so many yes men in the OPC that it is necessary for a leader to want to do the right thing? When they have no political instincts like John Tory the results are disastrous.

It is shocking to me. So many people volunteer their money and free time to a party, and they really don't understand their own interest. Lets put ideology aside, John Tory hasn't been a strong leader and has taken numerous hits to his legitimacy with the public (namely not being able to win his own seat).

Are there yes men in the Ontario PC Party? I think Tory is a one man show. He did not listen to his advisors on the faith based school issue, and no one in the party caucus is giving up their seat for him.
Jeff

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, they did give him a mandate for leadership, after all that happened. I think he even implied before the vote he might would settle for a pathetic amount of support for his leadership from the party if it came to that to stay in power.
kwlafayette

votes: 28

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Tory later served as Tour Director and Campaign Chairman to then Prime Minister Brian Mulroney, and managed the 1993 federal election campaign of Mulroney's successor, Kim Campbell. Tory was criticized for approving a 1993 election ad that mocked Liberal Party leader Jean Chrétien's facial deformity (although the Conservatives denied that was the ad's intention). The Conservatives suffered the most lopsided defeat for a governing party at the federal level, losing half their vote from 1988 and all but two of their 151 seats.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Tory

I just wonder how he possibly could have got the job in the first place. Must be somebody's nephew.

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next  

Jump to: