Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page 1, 2  Next  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Canuckstubby67

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:19 pm    Post subject: Should the CPC target the middle or the upper class? Reply with quote

Usually in elections, the CPC tends to favour the upper class and business owners with corporate tax cuts and what not (GST cut didn't really make a big difference unless one is a heavy spender, meaning you're rich).

Do you think we should do more to promote Conservatism among the middle class? Maybe to encourage provinces to give working men and women incentives to find work or to lower the federal income tax altogether.

I think this would benefit our party, rather than just trickling down from the rich.
Craig
Site Admin

Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8
votes: 36

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to guess you are young.

The Liberals are the party of the poor and the rich. Always have been and always will be. The Conservatives (i.e. Reform, CA, and CPC) are the party of the middle class. Why do you think the Liberals faired sooooo much better when companies and people could donate as much as they wanted?

And as far as your GST comment is concerned. It reduces the price of your car, car loan, home, daily purchases, etc. etc. etc.

It benefits EVERYONE.
mrsocko

votes: 8

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
the CPC tends to favour the upper class

Quote:
Do you think we should do more to promote Conservatism among the middle class?

I assume you read the Toronto Star. Start reading other newspapers and you will start to see the true CPC.
marklar

Reputation: 38.5Reputation: 38.5Reputation: 38.5Reputation: 38.5
votes: 1

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Craig"]
The Liberals are the party of the poor and the rich. quote]

Actually if i remember the polls from last time around, NDP support was high among the poor...liberal among the rich. CPC was flat across income groups.

That's the strength of the CPC: that our policies are based in equality (of opportunity, not outcome). Statist parties will always have to pick and choose to divide government revenues to buy off enough votes to win.
FF_Canuck

votes: 17

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Do you think we should do more to promote Conservatism among the middle class? Maybe to encourage provinces to give working men and women incentives to find work or to lower the federal income tax altogether.

Respectfully, the CPC is *the* middle-class party. 2 successive election campaigns have seen a lot of 'electioneering' policy aimed at exactly at Joe Lunchbox, and it is generally policy that has been successful. The fundraising strength of the CPC is due almost exclusive to thousands of small (under $200) donations from middle income earners. I would not at all be suprised to learn that the vast majority of our broader membership is 'middle class' either.
Hasdrubal

votes: 5

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craig wrote:

The Liberals are the party of the poor and the rich.

- I strongly disagree with that if the Liberals were for the poor then why is it they add more taxes?
- Why is it the gap between the rich & the poor widened under their leadership?
- Why is it everytime a Conservative says that if a people can support themselves the Liberals rush & make the claim they don't have a leg to stand on & give them the welfare candy canes?
- Why is it that Canada's big corporations are running the Liberal party?
- Why is it that job skills are based on your family status & those who get an a university education that are from poor familes remain poor?
- And why is it that lefties are not very chartiable?
- I mean come on how many donations do Conservatives give to the needy v.s the lefties?
Rusty Bedsprings

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 6:16 pm    Post subject: Middle class is what we should aim for if any Reply with quote

dont worry about getting the rich because once the rich see the liberals are in bed with the ndp theyll vote tory. Then if we campain for the middle class and the rich are with us all we need is the the poor. If we then could take away all the native benifits and use them to make everyone poor rise to middle class. I've just covered every bace there hvent I. It's not like the natives are useing the money for anything productive anyway.
mr12387

votes: 2

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's something I posted from a Montreal forum I write on every now and then. Boy, do some of these people make my blood boil.

An excerpt of what someone wrote:
I mean the party that represent the richest people should not have an infinite advantage compare to other parties

My reply:
Did you poll all the rich people and ask who they vote for? I didnít know all those rural seats, the majority of those held by the conservatives, were full of reach people. I didnít realize all the mutli-millionaires were camping out in Beauceville, Quebec, Brandon, Manitoba and Lethbridge, Alberta. Letís take a look at which ridings some of the richest Canadians do live in:

Shaugnessy in Vancouver: Liberal-held Vancouver Quadra
Rockcliffe Park in Ottawa: Liberal-held Ottawa Vanier
Forest Hill in Toronto: Liberal-held Eglinton-Lawrence, Liberal-held St. Paulís
Rosedale in Toronto: Liberal-held Toronto Centre
Bridle Path in Toronto: Liberal-held Don Valley West
Westmount in Montreal: Liberal-held Westmount-Ville Marie
Outremont in Montreal: NDP-held Outremont
Hampstead in Montreal: Liberal-held Mont-Royal
Laval-sur-Lac: Liberal-held Laval-les-Iles
Tuxedo in Winnipeg: Liberal-held Winnipeg South Centre (the only Liberal seat in Manitoba)
The Uplands in Victoria: NDP-held Victoria

If they are the party of the rich, well then the rich have pretty poor representation.

While Iím aware many of these people could have still voted Conservative because they only make up part of the riding, until you go door to door and ask these people who they vote for I think your point is mute. Some of the richest men in Canadian politics are Liberals as are some of the richest voters and I know that from first hand experience.

Just because you donít agree with the way the Conservatives handle fiscal issues does not make them a party for the rich.
JDot

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craig says

Quote:

The Liberals are the party of the poor and the rich. Always have been and always will be. The Conservatives (i.e. Reform, CA, and CPC) are the party of the middle class. Why do you think the Liberals faired sooooo much better when companies and people could donate as much as they wanted?

And as far as your GST comment is concerned. It reduces the price of your car, car loan, home, daily purchases, etc. etc. etc.

It benefits EVERYONE.

What Craig said.

The CPC is the party of the middle class, that has been there target from the get go and that is where the votes are. The silent majority...
Darth Vader

Reputation: 5.4Reputation: 5.4Reputation: 5.4Reputation: 5.4Reputation: 5.4
votes: 1

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you would have to qualify your question by defining who is weathy, middle class and what the definition of poor is.

I think that the conservative party appeals to most voters no matter what their income. If the MSM wasn't so negative toward the conservatives they would get even more votes.

As far as GST cuts not helping the low income people that is totally stupid. How can it possibly be to someones advantage to pay MORE for a product or service when they have a limited amount to spend?
cosmostein

votes: 21

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mr12387 wrote:
Here's something I posted from a Montreal forum I write on every now and then. Boy, do some of these people make my blood boil.

An excerpt of what someone wrote:
I mean the party that represent the richest people should not have an infinite advantage compare to other parties

My reply:
Did you poll all the rich people and ask who they vote for? I didnít know all those rural seats, the majority of those held by the conservatives, were full of reach people. I didnít realize all the mutli-millionaires were camping out in Beauceville, Quebec, Brandon, Manitoba and Lethbridge, Alberta. Letís take a look at which ridings some of the richest Canadians do live in:

Shaugnessy in Vancouver: Liberal-held Vancouver Quadra
Rockcliffe Park in Ottawa: Liberal-held Ottawa Vanier
Forest Hill in Toronto: Liberal-held Eglinton-Lawrence, Liberal-held St. Paulís
Rosedale in Toronto: Liberal-held Toronto Centre
Bridle Path in Toronto: Liberal-held Don Valley West
Westmount in Montreal: Liberal-held Westmount-Ville Marie
Outremont in Montreal: NDP-held Outremont
Hampstead in Montreal: Liberal-held Mont-Royal
Laval-sur-Lac: Liberal-held Laval-les-Iles
Tuxedo in Winnipeg: Liberal-held Winnipeg South Centre (the only Liberal seat in Manitoba)
The Uplands in Victoria: NDP-held Victoria

If they are the party of the rich, well then the rich have pretty poor representation.

While Iím aware many of these people could have still voted Conservative because they only make up part of the riding, until you go door to door and ask these people who they vote for I think your point is mute. Some of the richest men in Canadian politics are Liberals as are some of the richest voters and I know that from first hand experience.

Just because you donít agree with the way the Conservatives handle fiscal issues does not make them a party for the rich.

That pretty well sums it up.
When you make too much money to care anymore about over taxations you can afford to develop a massively expensive social conscience.
hatrock

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDot wrote:
The CPC is the party of the middle class, that has been there target from the get go and that is where the votes are. The silent majority...

The silent majority .. exactly!

And it was nice to see that silent majority come out in droves against the coalition for the Rally for Canada, wasn't it?!
SFrank85

votes: 4

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hatrock wrote:
JDot wrote:

The silent majority .. exactly!

And it was nice to see that silent majority come out in droves against the coalition for the Rally for Canada, wasn't it?!

That is true. It is always the silent majority that defend our right to freedom of speech, yet it is the extremists on the left and right who use it the most, and want to take it away.
Cronus

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I definitely don't agree that the Liberals work for the lower class. In the 1990s they very much served the super-rich.

Oftentimes it seems that the little guy gets stiffed no matter who's in power.
don muntean

votes: 8

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try to reach the smart people within ALL demographic groups...that's the better approach isn't it?

Goto page 1, 2  Next  

Jump to: