Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page Previous  1, 2  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
marklar

Reputation: 38.5Reputation: 38.5Reputation: 38.5Reputation: 38.5
votes: 1

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shadow27 wrote:
Weak ads in what sense? They both show the real 'doubt' the average Canadian has - which is why Harper will not get a majority government. The average Canadian doesn't trust Harper - and for good reason!

These ads tell it the way it is. They don't try and inflate the issues, just illuminate them.

Fess up. Harper is dead meat. Why he chose to call an election when he did says more about his character, or lack thereof, than anythung else. I think after the results are in - and we have another minority Conservatiive government, at best, in the next federal election it will be the Liberals who will get a minority or majority government.

Just a bad move all the way around by Harper. You can't fool the average Canadian with such opportunistic tactics. You just can't.

Cheers!

Really, because I don't recall voters punishing Chretien for calling an election 3 years into his MAJORITY mandate just to take advantage of Stockwell Day.

Also...how are the liberals going to afford another leadership race/election campaign? They were in the red to start this one.

Last edited by marklar on Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Sean McAllister

Reputation: 35.3Reputation: 35.3Reputation: 35.3Reputation: 35.3
votes: 2

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Harper is dead meat. What does that make Dion? A maggot?
shadow27

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper could have waited until the house sat, checked the pulse of Canadians and Opposition parties - but no, Harper decided to try and catch everyone off-guard.

I won't even respond to the 'maggot' response, other than to say you certainly must be worried that Harper and the Conservative Party of Canada are going down in flames - at this point. I am sorry that you are now on the down-slide - but that's the way things go when you don't support the average Canadian - and are out of touch with them.

Given that we are now headed for a minority Conservative government, at best, it will be interesting to see how those Conservatives who are re-elected act in the house, given their new found bravado in the campaign - and the strangle hold Harper has had on his MP's until now. Harper really has shown himself to be a control freak in the past, both in terms of his MP's and the Press. Will Harper somehow mellow out - or tighten the reins even more? Time will tell. I do think it will be the latter, though. Again, Harper is a control freak - and it is very difficult to change such a fundamental character flaw like that.

Cheers.

Again, please see my two internet anti-Harper ads to get a real pulse of where the election campaign is now:

Ad # 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hn6bLRw4LG4

Ad # 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Szu-7WR_rU8
marklar

Reputation: 38.5Reputation: 38.5Reputation: 38.5Reputation: 38.5
votes: 1

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shadow27 wrote:
Harper could have waited until the house sat, checked the pulse of Canadians and Opposition parties - but no, Harper decided to try and catch everyone off-guard.

As opposed to Chretien who let the Alliance go through a leadership race, wait until a rookie had been elected, then promptly used his majority to pull the plug and attack Stockwell right away? oh yeah, that's way more admirable.

As far as being a control freak, i'm getting pretty tired of this meme. What does it even mean? Do we not expect people in positions of leadership to have control over their subordinates? How would a massive entity like the federal governement operate without clear leadership? Opposition can hammer away all day about Harper being mean and controlling but at the end of the day, all great PM's of the past always had a tight grip on the reins.
palomino_pony

votes: 3

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shadow27 wrote:

If Dion stopped shooting off his mouth all year long about how he will trigger an election, we would not be having this discussion. No one should have been caught off guard.

Guess who said this: "Politics is like fishing, you need to strike at a good time."? Sounds like something that Stephen Harper would say, but it was more hollow threats from Dion.

Here are a couple of stories among dozens out there:

Feburary 11, 2008 Dion threatens to force election on federal budget

March 11, 2008 Liberals threaten election over budget

July 30, 2008 Harper goads Dion to make good on threat to force election
Northern Ontario Tory

Reputation: 44.4Reputation: 44.4Reputation: 44.4Reputation: 44.4
votes: 5

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shadow27 wrote:

Catch everyone off-guard??? Do you not read or watch the news? The announcement to meet with the opposition parties all but telegraphed the distinct possibility of an election. Not one of the opposition parties laid out any ideas that they thought could have been passed when the House sat; they ALL said that Harper wanted an election and that was it! Never mind that they had all been rattling the sabers to bring down the government ASAP. If they really wanted a leg to stand on they should have laid out what they presented to Harper for consideration but they obviously were just as interested in a election too.
Sean McAllister

Reputation: 35.3Reputation: 35.3Reputation: 35.3Reputation: 35.3
votes: 2

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shadow....Good name I suppose for a Liberal supporter. If you can truly look in the mirror and say to your self that Mr. Dion should be PM of our country then I want some of the drugs you are on. I'll need them on the street, living in my cardboard box.
FF_Canuck

votes: 17

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been thinking about bringing this up for a while, but now seems about as good a time as any: Astroturfing. Not that I'm suggesting anything of course, just something that we should keep in mind.
Mac

votes: 35

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sean McAllister wrote:
If Harper is dead meat. What does that make Dion? A maggot?

Folks, I've yet to see any indication our new "friend" is even remotely conservative (lower or upper case) so rather than responding to insidious comments, let us leave this one alone until after the election. If shadow27 wants to be part of our community, I'm sure the delay won't deter him or her. If shadow27 is yet another leftard troll, starvation is a suitable fate.

-Mac

Goto page Previous  1, 2  

Jump to: