Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page 1, 2  Next  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Riley W

Reputation: 35.5Reputation: 35.5Reputation: 35.5Reputation: 35.5
votes: 10

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:06 pm    Post subject: CPC Ad Strategy Reply with quote

I love, how, in the final 10 days of the campaign our party is staying positive in our ads.

I just saw this new ad (it's not up on the CPC website yet) on TVtropolis, and it was GREAT.

Ad:

*Black Screen*
*Handwritten text: What this election is about*

*Harper on a coach, with a yellow dress shirt (no tie!!), with pleasant background music*

Stephen Harper: In times like these we can't lose sight of what's important. It's important as a nation that we don't spend beyond our means. It's important our communities are safe and secure. It's important to help you save money, so you can own a home, send your kids to school, and have enough left to retire on. And most of all it's important to avoid unnecessary risk. It's not complicated. This election should be about what's important to you, and that is what's important to me.

*Picture of a Canadian flag in the wind, with the Conservative logo, and Stephen Harper's signature stroking across the screen.*
Mac

votes: 35

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed... and it is a nice ad which should resonate...

-Mac
SFrank85

votes: 4

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need to keep it positive. Let the Liberals and NDP go negative. Soon they will be going against eachother in the next couple of days.

Have any of you seen any Green Party ads on T.V. or the radio? I wonder what they have done with their millions of tax funded dollars?
Mac

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SFrank85 wrote:
I wonder what they have done with their millions of tax funded dollars?

Popcorn and beer? :wink:

-Mac
SFrank85

votes: 4

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bong and brownies! :wink:
FF_Canuck

votes: 17

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SFrank85 wrote:
We need to keep it positive. Let the Liberals and NDP go negative. Soon they will be going against eachother in the next couple of days.

Have any of you seen any Green Party ads on T.V. or the radio? I wonder what they have done with their millions of tax funded dollars?

I know there's something about local spending limits in the rules, but I wouldn't be suprised to find a lot of it spent in ridings - the Green candidate here has a pretty impressive advertising budget. Radio spots, a bill board on the TransCanada, newspaper ads, and a sign budget at least as large as the CPCs, if not larger.

The other side of it is that May has barely been traveling at all compared to the other leaders, so one does wonder where the money goes...
gc

Reputation: 48.4Reputation: 48.4Reputation: 48.4Reputation: 48.4Reputation: 48.4
votes: 16

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SFrank85 wrote:

The Conservatives have been going negative this entire campaign. Actually, they started going negative long before the campaign started.
Northern Ontario Tory

Reputation: 44.4Reputation: 44.4Reputation: 44.4Reputation: 44.4
votes: 5

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gc wrote:
SFrank85 wrote:

The Conservatives have been going negative this entire campaign. Actually, they started going negative long before the campaign started.

Yeah, those sweater-vest ads with Harper were incredibly viscious. :roll:

I wonder what the Liberals will do in the next election when everyone sees that the economy didn't crumble and the sky didn't fall.........after all, they won't be able to blame it on Bush anymore.
Mac

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SFrank85 wrote:
Bong and brownies! :wink:

Absolutely! :lol:

gc wrote:

If the truth is negative, does that mean you're supposed to lie?

-Mac
Habsrwfan

Reputation: 49.8Reputation: 49.8Reputation: 49.8Reputation: 49.8Reputation: 49.8

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gc wrote:
SFrank85 wrote:

The Conservatives have been going negative this entire campaign.

No, they haven't.

The Conservative ads (that I have seen anyway) have been largely, if not entirely, positive.

Aside from Stephen Harper attacking the Green Shift plan, and attacking Stephane Dion's talking down of the economy, I don't see any real significant negative campaigning on the part of the Conservatives. That degree of negative campaigning is exceptionally mild compared to "guns in our cities", or "Bush=Harper=evil incarnate" (which has been a huge part of the NDP and Liberal campaigns this time around).

Quote:
Actually, they started going negative long before the campaign started.

They did virtually all of their negative campaigning before the campaign started. And, in this area, the Conservatives have shown strategic brilliance. By substantially tarnishing Dion's image before the actual election campaign, the Conservatives have been able to run a clean, largely positive, campaign. This enables the Conservatives to spend critical weeks - like these last two - putting out positive ads instead of needing to tear down the opposition.
gc

Reputation: 48.4Reputation: 48.4Reputation: 48.4Reputation: 48.4Reputation: 48.4

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Habsrwfan wrote:
No, they haven't.

The Conservative ads (that I have seen anyway) have been largely, if not entirely, positive.

Maybe you haven't seen the same ads that I have.
Check out www.notaleader.ca and the ads on that website. I don't see how anyone could say that those ads are not negative.
Habsrwfan

Reputation: 49.8Reputation: 49.8Reputation: 49.8Reputation: 49.8Reputation: 49.8

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gc wrote:
Habsrwfan wrote:
No, they haven't.

Maybe you haven't seen the same ads that I have.
Check out www.notaleader.ca and the ads on that website. I don't see how anyone could say that those ads are not negative.

Well... this new phenomena of party-made attack websites is something that I haven't really bothered to look at yet, I admit. The same thing with the "BushHarper" site. To me, its a bit different than a TV ad, in that you have to be going out of your way to view an attack website. With political TV ads, you'll naturally run into at least a few during an election campaign, if you watch TV at all.
gc

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Habsrwfan wrote:
Well... this new phenomena of party-made attack websites is something that I haven't really bothered to look at yet, I admit. The same thing with the "BushHarper" site. To me, its a bit different than a TV ad, in that you have to be going out of your way to view an attack website. With political TV ads, you'll naturally run into at least a few during an election campaign, if you watch TV at all.

The ads on that website were played on TV as well.
joshuabrown

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gc wrote:
Habsrwfan wrote:

The ads on that website were played on TV as well.

Before they election they were, but since the campaigning began there has been a slew of new ads. I dont' see how you can critisize the Tories why letting the Liberals get away with having the BushHarper TV ads and the parties spending their time trying to liken Harper to Bush on the debates rather than talking real policies.
Craig
Site Admin

Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8
votes: 36

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I'll buy one of the following domains...

www.stalindion.com
www.guevaradion.com

And get a website up soon...

:twisted:

www.marxdion.com is available. $7 bucks at hostway.

Goto page 1, 2  Next  

Jump to: