Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Craig
Site Admin

Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8
votes: 36

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:19 am    Post subject: Harper's high school reunion Reply with quote

Some quotes about Stephen Harper from his high school reunion...

"We took most of our classes together and he was the consummate gentleman but painfully shy," recalled Del Giudice, an elementary school principal. "He was an incredible writer. He wrote a beautiful letter to me that was very poetic and sensitive."

"He was very intense and very focused and he had such high standards in everything he did. I admired him because I probably had to work 10 times harder than he did," she said.

"This country is in good hands, believe me. This guy is solid. You won't find one person here who will say anything negative about that man."

"He once asked me out," Del Giudice confided with a little blush. "Maybe an hour before, he called to tell me that he was unable to go. I think his father had something to do with it. He had a very strict upbringing.

"He did come over once. We just had a pleasant conversation in my living room and that was the extent of it. I had a very strict father, too."

Say the name "Stephen Harper" and Heather Johnston pictures the quiet boy in homeroom who was always so polite and respectful -- and of course, smart. "I think he only got three math questions wrong the whole year in Grade 13 -- and that includes calculus, algebra and functions and relations."

It bothers her that many voters remain wary of her former classmate. "He's the nicest guy," she insisted. "He's the best guy for the job -- he's a very hard worker and he has no vices. I think it's a tragedy the media are making him out to have a secret agenda. There's nothing secret about Stephen. What you see is what you get."

"Certainly back in Grade 13 if you would have told me he was going to be prime minister, I would not have believed it," Scott admited. "But watching the way he's moved ahead and what he's done, I'm not surprised now. The intensity, the intelligence, it's all still there."

Fred DeLaurentis was Harper's Latin teacher through high school and called him the best student he ever had. When DeLaurentis knew he was going to be in Ottawa about 18 months ago, he dropped his old student an e-mail.

The next thing he knew, he was having tea with the prime minister at 24 Sussex Drive.

"I just wanted to know for myself whether he'd changed but he was still the same," the teacher recalled. "He's just Steve, a really intelligent, top notch guy."

http://www.torontosun.com/news.....6-sun.html

Jump to: