Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds


CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect



Goto page 1, 2  Next  

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Riley W





Joined: 08 Jul 2007
Posts: 857
Reputation: 35.5Reputation: 35.5Reputation: 35.5Reputation: 35.5
votes: 10
Location: Manitoba

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:14 pm    Post subject: candidates Reply with quote

This blog entry irritated me:

http://canadianbluelemons.blog.....ronto.html

Can you not be gay and conservative?

We have two gay CPC candidates to my knowledge:

Vancouver Centre - Lorne Mayencourt (is a MLA with the BC Liberals).
Toronto Centre - Chris Reid

Both guys are against tough Liberal incumbents Hedy Fry and Bob Rae, but what's the problem? honestly? Is this really pandering?

I'd consider it pandering if our party participated in the Pride events in various cities, but running candidates, who just happen to be gay, I don't consider that pandering.

Are the Republicans pandering to the female vote with Sarah Palin?


Last edited by Riley W on Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pocketfisherman





Joined: 02 Sep 2006
Posts: 179
Reputation: 64.3
votes: 1

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Two Gay CPC Candidates. Reply with quote

I say thumbs up! We need to be a big tent party!


Riley W wrote:
This blog entry irritated me:

http://canadianbluelemons.blog.....ronto.html

Can you not be gay and conservative?

We have two gay CPC candidates to my knowledge:

Vancouver Centre - Lorne Mayencourt (is a MLA with the BC Liberals).
Toronto Centre - Chris Reid

Both guys are against tough Liberal incumbents Hedy Fry and Bob Rae, but what's the problem? honestly? Is this really pandering?

I'd consider it pandering if our party participated in the Pride events in various cities, but running candidates, who just happen to be gay, I don't consider that pandering.

Are the Republicans pandering to the female vote with Sarah Palin?
Craig
Site Admin




Joined: 29 Aug 2006
Posts: 4415
Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8
votes: 36

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone else sick and tired of talking about sexuality?
potan





Joined: 30 Jul 2007
Posts: 582
Reputation: 36.3Reputation: 36.3Reputation: 36.3Reputation: 36.3
votes: 2
Location: Ontario

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am completely fine with having gay conservatives in the party, conservatism is all about liberty and as long as we don't pander to the gay agenda or any other agenda other than conservatism, we'll be fine.
TorontoCon





Joined: 14 Aug 2007
Posts: 796
Reputation: 50.5
votes: 5

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

potan wrote:
I am completely fine with having gay conservatives in the party, conservatism is all about liberty and as long as we don't pander to the gay agenda or any other agenda other than conservatism, we'll be fine.


Totally agree. Most of the gay people that I know are actually conservatives and they just don't know it. They own their own businesses, like lower taxes and less protectionism etc.

As long as a "gay agenda" isn't inserted into politics, I'm OK with all of it.
Bleatmop





Joined: 03 Sep 2006
Posts: 953
Reputation: 17.5Reputation: 17.5
votes: 10

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TorontoCon wrote:
As long as a "gay agenda" isn't inserted into politics, I'm OK with all of it.


What's a "gay agenda"?
Matt





Joined: 04 Sep 2006
Posts: 192
Reputation: 40.4Reputation: 40.4Reputation: 40.4Reputation: 40.4
votes: 3
Location: York-Centre

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started to type up a reply to him but thought "what's the use?" and just closed the window.

We are a big tent party, and we are all sick of talking about sexuality. Let's move on indeed!
JDot





Joined: 02 Sep 2006
Posts: 727
Reputation: 63.5
votes: 5
Location: Ontario(GTA)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a dumb Blog post. If you like small government and low taxes and are Conservative in your outlook,you should be with the CPC.

Quote:
Anyone else sick and tired of talking about sexuality?


Me, let liberals worry about that kind of stuff.
JDot





Joined: 02 Sep 2006
Posts: 727
Reputation: 63.5
votes: 5
Location: Ontario(GTA)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'd consider it pandering if our party participated in the Pride events in various cities, but running candidates, who just happen to be gay, I don't consider that pandering.

Are the Republicans pandering to the female vote with Sarah Palin?


Bang on Riley W....
potan





Joined: 30 Jul 2007
Posts: 582
Reputation: 36.3Reputation: 36.3Reputation: 36.3Reputation: 36.3
votes: 2
Location: Ontario

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bleatmop wrote:
TorontoCon wrote:
As long as a "gay agenda" isn't inserted into politics, I'm OK with all of it.


What's a "gay agenda"?


The "gay agenda" can mean a lot of things depending on who you ask. It is usually used to describe the aggressive tactics used by extreme elements of the left-wing to indoctrinate the public and especially children about the gay lifestyle and the prosecution of those whose beliefs don't agree with homosexual lifestyles for religious or cultural reasons.
It can also mean the use of the legal system to give special treatment to gays and stifle any dissent.
gc





Joined: 23 Jun 2007
Posts: 1698
Reputation: 48.4Reputation: 48.4Reputation: 48.4Reputation: 48.4Reputation: 48.4
votes: 16
Location: A Monochromatic World

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

potan wrote:
...the prosecution of those whose beliefs don't agree with homosexual lifestyles for religious or cultural reasons.
It can also mean the use of the legal system to give special treatment to gays and stifle any dissent.

Got links for either of those assertions?
paisley_cross





Joined: 09 Jul 2008
Posts: 806
Reputation: 124.9
votes: 3
Location: Canada

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

potan wrote:
Bleatmop wrote:
TorontoCon wrote:
As long as a "gay agenda" isn't inserted into politics, I'm OK with all of it.


What's a "gay agenda"?


The "gay agenda" can mean a lot of things depending on who you ask. It is usually used to describe the aggressive tactics used by extreme elements of the left-wing to indoctrinate the public and especially children about the gay lifestyle and the prosecution of those whose beliefs don't agree with homosexual lifestyles for religious or cultural reasons.
It can also mean the use of the legal system to give special treatment to gays and stifle any dissent.


That's a good way of describing it but most of the things gays are after now are in provincial jurisdiction, such as adoption, teaching the "equality" of homosexuality and heterosexuality.

The big enchilada federally for them was Bill C-68.

I was at a seminar once where a gay activist for the CAW said that one of their objectives was to get "sexual orientation" added to the list of designated groups under the Employment Equity Act. Fat chance of the Tories supporting that. The Parliamentary Review of the Act was supposed to start a year ago and since then the Human Resources Committee has managed to studiously avoid putting it on the agenda.
potan





Joined: 30 Jul 2007
Posts: 582
Reputation: 36.3Reputation: 36.3Reputation: 36.3Reputation: 36.3
votes: 2
Location: Ontario

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gc wrote:
potan wrote:
...the prosecution of those whose beliefs don't agree with homosexual lifestyles for religious or cultural reasons.
It can also mean the use of the legal system to give special treatment to gays and stifle any dissent.

Got links for either of those assertions?


http://www.cwfa.org/articles/1...../index.htm
gc





Joined: 23 Jun 2007
Posts: 1698
Reputation: 48.4Reputation: 48.4Reputation: 48.4Reputation: 48.4Reputation: 48.4
votes: 16
Location: A Monochromatic World

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

potan wrote:
http://www.cwfa.org/articles/14696/CFI/family/index.htm

You mean homosexuals want to be treated as equals? :shock:

Damn those gays and their "agenda" to be treated the same as anyone else :roll:
potan





Joined: 30 Jul 2007
Posts: 582
Reputation: 36.3Reputation: 36.3Reputation: 36.3Reputation: 36.3
votes: 2
Location: Ontario

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gc wrote:
potan wrote:
http://www.cwfa.org/articles/14696/CFI/family/index.htm

You mean homosexuals want to be treated as equals? :shock:

Damn those gays and their "agenda" to be treated the same as anyone else :roll:


WTF?
Treated as equals?

Last time I checked gays didn't have to sit at the back of the bus, or drink from a different water fountain. Gays in Canada have the most rights in the world, much more than say........Bible believing Christians who would be dragged in front of a HRC for quoting their holy book.
Gays in Canada can pretty much say anything they want without consequence including calling those who are personally opposed to such lifestyles "nazis", "fascists" and "pigs".

One gay dude I knew even suggested that certain denominations of religions who don't condone homosexuality (Christianity, Sikhism, Islam, Judaism) should have their tax-exempt status removed and possibly banned from having places of worship.

That is the gay agenda.
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 2

Goto page 1, 2  Next  


 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


candidates

phpBBCopyright 2001, 2005 phpBB