Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SaintNobody

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:29 pm    Post subject: On Unborn Victims of Crime, Stephane Dion is NOT a leader Reply with quote

My contribution to the campaign :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adtJfM--TJU
TorontoCon

votes: 5

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neither are any of the current party leaders in Canada right now. It is an issue that it seems nobody wants to touch in CANADA during an election. Let's not start another debate about that one. We all know how dividing the issue is. Conservatives are nipping at a majority. Let's not jinx it.
TorontoCon

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK I take it back. Ron Gray of the Christian Heritage party openly supports the rights of the unborn child! If there is a candidate in your riding, you could consider it.

I'll be voting Conservative in Eglinton-Lawrence, not that it will do much.
SaintNobody

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most Canadians support an unborn victims of crime bill.

Please view my video-- maybe if it gets enough hits, the CBC will feature it at Ormiston Online.
Louise M.

votes: 1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TorontoCon wrote:

I'll be voting Conservative in Eglinton-Lawrence, not that it will do much.

If it's any consolation, you and other Conservative voters in similar circumstances will be contributing financially to the Party by virtue of their vote. I'm in Ottawa-Vanier and I'm afraid Mauril Belanger will take the riding once again, albeit with a lower margin of votes. Who knows though. Maybe a big Blue wave will leave me pleasantly surprised. :D
Joahob

votes: 2

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best thing the Conservatives could do on this issue is eliminate funding for abortion procedures, which amount to $50 million per annum, and other indirect subsidies of abortion. (However, this is somewhat a provincial matter.) Asside from that most Canadians are happy with the way things are.
TorontoCon

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaintNobody wrote:
Most Canadians support an unborn victims of crime bill.

Please view my video-- maybe if it gets enough hits, the CBC will feature it at Ormiston Online.

Please don't open up this can of worms in the middle of a campaign when the Conservatives are inching close to majority territory for the first time since the 80's.....

It just polarizes the whole country and who knows what effect that will have.

The best chance of passing the bill you are referring to is with a Conservative majority, and even then, it would be an incredibly hard sell behind closed doors. Passing that bill would guarantee a Conservative "boot out" after 4 years of majority rule and then the Liberals would come in and scrap the bill anyways.

It's a non-winnable issue. Save the debates for October 15th.
SaintNobody

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unborn Victims of Crime does not "polarize" Canadians. There is overwhelming support for *that* bill.

Quote:
The best chance of passing the bill you are referring to is with a Conservative majority, and even then, it would be an incredibly hard sell behind closed doors. Passing that bill would guarantee a Conservative "boot out" after 4 years of majority rule and then the Liberals would come in and scrap the bill anyways.

A bill with 55% support across the country would result in the Conservatives getting the boot?

You're joking right?

Stephane Dion is the one who should be paying at the polls for not standing up for women and their unborn children. He stood up for interest groups, not for average women.
TorontoCon

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talk to me on October 15th.
SaintNobody

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look, you're the one responding to this thread. Why do you bother if you don't want to keep the conversation going?
Mac

votes: 35

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joahob wrote:
The best thing the Conservatives could do on this issue is eliminate funding for abortion procedures, which amount to $50 million per annum, and other indirect subsidies of abortion. (However, this is somewhat a provincial matter.) Asside from that most Canadians are happy with the way things are.

Agreed.

-Mac
paisley_cross

votes: 3

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joahob wrote:

Bill C-484 was interesting. It had support from the majority of the public and most CPC MPs voted for it at second reading. But the party leadership seemed as if it wanted nothing to do with it. True, as a PMB there is no need for the party to take a stand but it did seem a no-brainer for a "conservative" party to support.

Of course supporting the bill would have got the ire of left-wing activists and the MSM.
potan

Reputation: 36.3Reputation: 36.3Reputation: 36.3Reputation: 36.3
votes: 2

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the bill will pass once the CPC gets a majority. I'm just hoping that the next newly elected Conservative MPs won't be too far up the asses of the left.

Jump to: