Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Craig
Site Admin

Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8
votes: 36

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:53 pm    Post subject: We will NEVER win a majority with our media... Reply with quote

Here is the Canadian Press in action...

Quote:
Harper has repeatedly said it would be folly to make the cost of fuel even higher in a time of economic uncertainty.

Many economists have endorsed the idea of a carbon tax, but Harper says it's too great a risk.

Quote:
The controversy, the latest of a series of gaffes that have plagued the Conservative campaign,

When the entire national media is liberal how is it possible to win. We have made a couple of minor mistakes and they describe it as a "series of gaffes" that have "plagued" our campaign. At least we didn't have a candidate advocating killing Native Canadians :roll:
mrsocko

votes: 8

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We rule the blogs. Our people are the most commited. People are tuning out the MSM because they don't speak for ordinary Canadians.
kwlafayette

votes: 28

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is not the media. It is us. We are coach Barrett, standing behind our players no matter what, not pushing them to do better. We need to shift into coach Austin mode, where losing is not an option.

Unconditional love for your party, in the end, will always lead to the 9 & 9 season, and first round out in the playoffs. Figuratively speaking.
SFrank85

votes: 4

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The same Coach Austin who bailed out on your Green Riders team to become an offensive coordinator with Old Mississippi? I could not resist!

But you are right. We have to be more aware of our words, and the war room out of all should stop stealing the spotlight from Harper, because if we are not carful, the media will eat us up alive!
cbasu

votes: 2

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anytime the CBC trumpets a poll showing Harper 15-points ahead, you have to wonder. These large-lead polls have a very high undecided number (even Nanos has them at 20%) which makes most of these leads pretty meaningless at this stage. But I'm sure Harper knows that and is planning accordingly.
mrsocko

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tonight on CBC it was all negative on Harper. 22 Minutes had a comedian take a surprise run at Harper and was carted away by security who handcuffed her. She came on like a stalker saying she was in love with her leader. As she was carted away Stephen asked "was she from22 muniutes"?, I never watch that show. Why would he watch the worst lefty friendly piece of sh*t on the CBC. 22 minutes is case one for a reason to privatize the black hole...er CBC.

Later Harper gave her an interview.
As she kept up the shickt of loving her leader he asked her if she liked handcuffs. :P
kwlafayette

votes: 28

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SFrank85 wrote:
The same Coach Austin who bailed out on your Green Riders team to become an offensive coordinator with Old Mississippi? I could not resist!

But you are right. We have to be more aware of our words, and the war room out of all should stop stealing the spotlight from Harper, because if we are not carful, the media will eat us up alive!

Hey, Austin left us with a legacy that is priceless. He changed the corporate culture of the riders, in just one year! Harper was like that too at the beginning, he changed the culture of the party, brought in a concept called "message discipline". At that time, a foreign concept to us.

In a lot of ways, politics is like football. Sometimes, you need a new coach. Not because the old coach is no good, but because you will never get to the next level unless something changes. That time comes for all coaches, and all leaders eventually.
crazymamma

votes: 14

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kwlafayette wrote:
SFrank85 wrote:

Hey, Austin left us with a legacy that is priceless. He changed the corporate culture of the riders, in just one year! Harper was like that too at the beginning, he changed the culture of the party, brought in a concept called "message discipline". At that time, a foreign concept to us.

In a lot of ways, politics is like football. Sometimes, you need a new coach. Not because the old coach is no good, but because you will never get to the next level unless something changes. That time comes for all coaches, and all leaders eventually.

Well to carry on the useless sport analogy even further....Its always a super intelligent move to get rid of a coach who has taken a team from a 16 year losing streak to the Stanley cup finals first time around.....Strategy Makes a whole lotta sense....works eveeeeeeery time.
mrsocko

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Globe and Mail pieces where very positive today. Bet they endorse us.
Craig
Site Admin

Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8
votes: 36

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrsocko wrote:
Globe and Mail pieces where very positive today. Bet they endorse us.

Yeah - the Globe has been pretty decent. Even the Star hasn't been too bad. We'll see if that holds with two weeks to go in the campaign. If I recall in the past it was similar. Reasonably fair in the early part of the campaign and with two weeks to go they showed their true colors. Last election it was the supreme court crap.
JDot

votes: 5

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The media are giving Harper the screws right now. Harper was a D@ck to the media, and yes I loved that.

But we have to expect the media to take there pound of flesh. I expected this, the question is will the MSM be doing this gotcha crap in the final 2 weeks of the election?

For the record, Harper has been on point over these media Faux Scandles. Like I said I have been waiting for this, so I was interested in how Harper would react. And all I can say is that Harper has been flawless. Bravo PM Harper, but please keep your cool.

Remeber the last 2 elections the media was easy on the CPC(opposition) for the start of the elections, and hated on the LPC(government) at the start. But then the media went pro liberal(I hope Government) in the dying days of the elections.

So right now I am just biting my tongue. The last 2 weeks of the election are the ones we have to watch. If the media is still shilling for the Liberals at that point, they need to be called on it. Remeber regardless of how much we think the MSM is liberal, they wan't to sell papers and get viewers more. And a close race at this point in time, is in the MSM media's interest.

I am waiting for the second last week to post on how the media has handled this electon, and I am taking notes.
RCO

votes: 3

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

with this media we should consider ourself lucky that we even have a government , as half the time the media has been a worse critic than the opposition has been . unfortuently its going to get worse too , now that they have there iggy to sell instead of dion .
we can still beat them but its going to take work and solid local campaigns in many ridings , that aren't as affected by the msm .

the media doesn't want us to get a majority cause they don't even want us to govern at all , there nothing but a tool for the liberal party .

Jump to: