Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page 1, 2  Next  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Craig
Site Admin

Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8
votes: 36

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:13 am    Post subject: Green Party has their first MP Reply with quote

Quote:
Green Party leader Elizabeth May is welcoming MP Blair Wilson to the Green Party as the first Green Member of Parliament in Canada.

Mr. Wilson, MP for West Vancouver—Sunshine Coast—Sea to Sky Country, will serve in the Green Party Shadow Cabinet.

“Today we make history,” said Ms. May. “I am grateful for Mr. Wilson’s principled belief that the Green Party deserves a voice in Parliament and for his firm commitment to democracy. With a Green MP sitting in the House of Commons, it will now be impossible to exclude the Green Party from the televised leaders’ debates in the next election.

A boost for the Greens is bad news for the Liberals.

http://www.nationalnewswatch.c.....;Itemid=41
BLueWLU

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This just handed the Conservatives West Vancouver-Sunshine Coast - Sea to Sky highway. It already stood a good chance of going Conservative but Blair will pull enough Liberal votes to ensure that David Emerson/John Weston easily take this riding.

Nice way to get back at the LPC seeing how he tried to get back into the party only a couple of weeks ago.
crazymamma

votes: 14

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blair Wilson (Allegedly) is an unprincipled dog who stole money from his wife and father in law to finance his win for the Liberals last election. This guy stinks sooooo bad that Liberals told him he wasn't allowed to run for them again.

Dizzy Mae thinks this is a coup? She is delusional, this guy who had no where else to go but out of politics is going to get her on a TV debate? I wonder just how low Dizzy is willing to go/prostitute her so called principles to fool herself and the public into thinking the GREENS are a legit choice.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blair_Wilson
Craig
Site Admin

Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being part of the TV debates and having your first sitting MP is well worth the baggage this guy brings. He can't be any worse than Garth Turner can he?
mrsocko

votes: 8

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How the hrll does one MP get you in on the debates. I thought you had to have official party status. That 12 seats isn't it. Then again I think the PCC had 2 seats and was allowed in.
Cool Blue

votes: 10

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The debates are hard enough to follow with 4 parties as it is. 5 will make it worse.

IMO, they should have a debate with just the PM and the leader of the opposition.
paisley_cross

votes: 3

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool Blue wrote:
The debates are hard enough to follow with 4 parties as it is. 5 will make it worse.

IMO, they should have a debate with just the PM and the leader of the opposition.

Three, maybe four, parties going after tree-hugger vote. The more the vote scatters the better.

But your point is well taken. I don't watch now with four. And I sure won't with five.
Duck Tory

Reputation: 40.3Reputation: 40.3Reputation: 40.3Reputation: 40.3
votes: 4

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green party who?
JDot

votes: 5

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Crafty, for a "Far Left Loon", that is......... :|
Craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool Blue wrote:

It's not that bad. In the leadership debates in the USA you can get 8 or 9 up there at once. If the format is controlled then it is fine. It is when they all start yelling at once that it becomes a farce.
kwlafayette

votes: 28

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know, does this do anything for the Greens? They still have not gotten anyone elected, in what, 6 elections? How many general elections do you have to flunk out of before you call it quits?
paisley_cross

votes: 3

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kwlafayette wrote:
I don't know, does this do anything for the Greens? They still have not gotten anyone elected, in what, 6 elections? How many general elections do you have to flunk out of before you call it quits?

The Christian Heritage Party, far less popular than the Greens, keeps chugging along picking up a handful of votes every election.
Craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kwlafayette wrote:

I thought you were a man of principle - someone who didn't sacrifice your beliefs for power - yet you think they should give up because they haven't won anything.
mrsocko

votes: 8

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I thought you were a man of principle - someone who didn't sacrifice your beliefs for power - yet you think they should give up because they haven't won anything.

Pissing into the wind is not fun. :P
kwlafayette

votes: 28

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly, if you cannot gather enough support to elect even one person after several elections, you have to start questioning whether your appeal is ever going to be broad enough. At some point, you have to just sit down, take stock, and question your basic assumptions. Why do people not support the Green election platform? It seems a question that is long over due.

Your time and energy could probably be much better spent working within a main stream party with compatible views.

Goto page 1, 2  Next  

Jump to: