Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrsocko

votes: 8

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't poor stupid ugly people had more kids then Rich smart good looking people for centuries. Usually because getting laid was the only form of recreation.

If we were getting dummer as a race I'd say it's a problem. Is there any way to test to see if our collective IQ is diminishing?

And can a person get 30 points for being a CPC supporter? :wink:
Bleatmop

votes: 10

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mac wrote:
Bleatmop wrote:
I've never heard a feminist say anything of the kind.

and....? :?:

I just re-read the second paragraph of my most recent post on this thread... Holy Lousy Sentence Structure, Batman! I must have been tired when I rambled that!

-Mac

I was curious to as who specifically you heard say those things. Like I said, I never heard any feminist say that and I've been visiting feminist blog/websites for almost a year now.
Mac

votes: 35

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bleatmop wrote:
I was curious to as who specifically you heard say those things. Like I said, I never heard any feminist say that and I've been visiting feminist blog/websites for almost a year now.

You've never read/heard a feminist say women should have choice? I guess you've never met a feminist. I have and even consider a few of them to be friends. I don't frequent feminist blogs or website (and I'm curious why you would be doing so) but the few times I've followed links into one, they were brutally toward any woman who chooses to be a stay-at-home mom.

-Mac
Cool Blue

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If we were getting dummer as a race I'd say it's a problem. Is there any way to test to see if our collective IQ is diminishing?

I've actually read the opposite where they have to keep re-adjusting IQ tests in order to keep the average at 100.

Supposedly people are getting smarter.
Bleatmop

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mac wrote:
You've never read/heard a feminist say women should have choice? I guess you've never met a feminist. I have and even consider a few of them to be friends. I don't frequent feminist blogs or website (and I'm curious why you would be doing so) but the few times I've followed links into one, they were brutally toward any woman who chooses to be a stay-at-home mom.

-Mac

I guess I should clarify:

Quote:
Feminists treat any woman who chooses to have kids or to be a "stay-at-home" mom as a second-class citizen, a "sell-out" for buying into what they see as patriarchal traditional values. For feminists, only one choice is acceptable... a selfish choice...

I've not ever heard feminists treat stay at home mothers with scorn. I have heard them talk a lot about choice and their right to have freedom of choice.

I wonder the source of these links that you received linking to anti-choice (anti)feminists. I don't doubt you, but I wonder who these people were not only saying these things but also the people providing the links. My suspicions is that it could be the equivalent to a Far Left Liberal linking to a bigoted blog and claiming that it represents the CPC I don't know that, but I have my suspicions that you'll find bigots on any end of any spectrum.

As to why I visit feminist sites, it's because I'm interested in what they have to say (same reason why I come here). :)
E D

votes: 1

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Cool Blue:
We are in a dysgenia. IQs fell at all times in the last century except the second world war.

Precivilized man had a larger skull and brain than civilized man.

The smartest men in recent times were a tribe of Australian aborigines who had larger brains. They lived in the desert, found needle in the haystack sources of water, and fought to the death anyone they met who could not indicate they shared a relation. They were wiped out though.

Man is no longer predated, has only illness as a source of attrition, or recently arbitrary attrition in war.

It means there is dysgenia in civilization. Rapid dysgenia. Old civilizations donot reemerge.

What I meant by "legalize murder" was all murder. Nuclear bombs, all of it. That is what it would take to get rid of human dysgenia.
E D

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And proper nutrition.
E D

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And proper nutrition gets rid of dysgenia.
Cool Blue

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me clarify, I've read that IQs in developed, mostly western, nations have been increasing.

FYI: Everything I've read, indicates that brain size has little to do with intelligence. For example, Cro-Magnons and Neanderthals had brains larger than modern humans.
Mac

votes: 35

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bleatmop wrote:
I've not ever heard feminists treat stay at home mothers with scorn. I have heard them talk a lot about choice and their right to have freedom of choice.

I wonder the source of these links that you received linking to anti-choice (anti)feminists. I don't doubt you, but I wonder who these people were not only saying these things but also the people providing the links. My suspicions is that it could be the equivalent to a Far Left Liberal linking to a bigoted blog and claiming that it represents the CPC I don't know that, but I have my suspicions that you'll find bigots on any end of any spectrum.

As to why I visit feminist sites, it's because I'm interested in what they have to say (same reason why I come here). :)

Good points... and good for you for finding merit in the feminist sites... and I must concede I didn't dig deeper (at the time or since) as the subject matter didn't interest me beyond the initial curiosity.

-Mac
Habsrwfan

Reputation: 49.8Reputation: 49.8Reputation: 49.8Reputation: 49.8Reputation: 49.8
votes: 5

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool Blue wrote:
Quote:

I've actually read the opposite where they have to keep re-adjusting IQ tests in order to keep the average at 100.

Supposedly people are getting smarter.

On an average basis, yes, they are. This is because of increased rates of literacy, and an increased percentage of people attending post-secondary institutions.

However, I still worry that we may be at a "high water-mark" right now, for reasons that the movie Idiocracy wonderfully spoofed.
E D

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Larger brained animals are smarter than smaller brained animals in some way. You won't catch any people navigating the entire ocean by memory the way whales do.

If a cro-magnon went to university he/she might have done better than modern man. We don't know neanderthals were stupider than us. No evidence one way or the other except for the difference in brain size. So why the bias? It is fiction.

It is likely that brain size correlates with intelligence. If only because healthier better nourished animals are larger and smarter both. It is hard to measure or make a controlled experiment. It is not just a question of math scores -- it is a question of survivability/progeny.

Obviously large headed smart humans do not get replaced because of the difficulty in giving birth to large headed babies. Women are less fit than they used to be and shy off the idea more readily. Hence the dysgenia in the last century.
Craig
Site Admin

Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8
votes: 36

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

E D wrote:
Obviously large headed smart humans do not get replaced because of the difficulty in giving birth to large headed babies.

I wonder how c-section rates impact that.
E D

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They don't much. Evolved instinct to avoid risk does't change overnight with a new technology.
E D

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craig, why don't you argue we should exterminate drug addicts? Lots of good arguments for that.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next  

Jump to: