Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SaintNobody

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So let's see.

First the company didn't exist.

But it does.

Then the poll was conducted.

But it was.

Sounds like people are trying to find reasons not to believe this poll, rather than examining the results.

157 000 households were contacted at random. 13 000 responded.

You simply do not like the results. It does not matter who owns the company. The question was upfront. It was a simple yes/no. People do not like Morgentaler receiving the award.

Deal with it.
Charles J. White

Reputation: 8.9Reputation: 8.9Reputation: 8.9Reputation: 8.9Reputation: 8.9Reputation: 8.9Reputation: 8.9Reputation: 8.9
votes: 1

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem is that NO website existed until the news began to break that this firm does not exist. And the phone number given was a bogus one as well. And no physical address could be found either and NO one in the town where this "company" came from in the polling industry had heard of it either. It was a sham. Good thing the Conservative Party of Canada general membership was not breached in some manner.
crazymamma

votes: 14

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tonight a representative from CLC. (I think it was Mary Ellen Douglas, National Organizer, but I could have remembered incorrectly) called into the John Counsell radio show at 580 CFRA Ottawa.

She was unaware of the controversy on the blogesphere and said she was going to check into the charges that this company does not officially exist. She said she knew it was a small polling company and not well know, they kinda used them because they were well.......inexpensive. She sounded veeery upset.

Damage control time I guess. I'll get back to you if I hear more.
SaintNobody

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"The problem is that NO website existed until the news began to break that this firm does not exist. "

How do you know that?

"And the phone number given was a bogus one as well."

It's on the website. Did you phone it?

"And no physical address could be found either"

The address is on the website.

"NO one in the town where this "company" came from in the polling industry had heard of it either."

How many people were asked?

"It was a sham"

We know the poll took place. 157 000 people were contacted, 13 000 responded. Most disagreed with Morgentaler receiving the award.

That's not a sham. That's a poll. You don't like the results and you're looking for a reason to not believe it because you don't like the results.

"Good thing the Conservative Party of Canada general membership was not breached in some manner."

No, because as you can read on the website, 157 000 random household numbers were obtained for the purpose of this survey.
paisley_cross

votes: 3

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This sounds pretty par for the course. The antagonists in the abortion debate are continually slinging mud at one another over polls.

When the pro-aborts trumpet a poll you can be sure the other side will come back claiming that the results were brought about by a skewed question.

I saw a poll a couple of weeks ago that said 65% of the public "support" Morgentaler getting the OC. I didn't believe that one either.
Sheila

votes: 16

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you word the question just right, you can get the response you are looking for.
Kyoto was another example of this.
crazymamma

votes: 14

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sheila wrote:
When you word the question just right, you can get the response you are looking for.
Kyoto was another example of this.

The Question: "Do you believe abortionist Henry Morgentaler deserves the Order of Canada Press 1 for Yes Press 2 for No"

Yes.........I can see how the wording of the above question was manipulated to get the prefered response. :roll:
Sheila

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now ask that same question again without the word "abortionist". The poll results would have been different. :lol:
SaintNobody

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some people don't know who Henry Morgentaler is. I think that's why they had to use "abortionist".
Sheila

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly! Why didn't they say Dr. Henry Morgentaler, the man responsible for setting up sterile clinics so women wouldn't have to get a back alley abortion. Can you imagine how many Liberals would be running around, if this didn't happen?
paisley_cross

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaintNobody wrote:
Some people don't know who Henry Morgentaler is. I think that's why they had to use "abortionist".

If they don't know who Morgentaler is how can they express an opinion as to whether he should get an OC?

Shows you the value of polls? :cry:
SaintNobody

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they're for abortion or against abortion, that will make a difference.
paisley_cross

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaintNobody wrote:
If they're for abortion or against abortion, that will make a difference.

Then the poll becomes a referendum on abortion, not on whether the individual should get an OC.
urbanmonk

votes: 5

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

paisley_cross wrote:

Then the poll becomes a referendum on abortion, not on whether the individual should get an OC.

If the majority of those polled are against abortion wouldn't it follow that they would also be against an abortionist getting the OC for furthering the abortionist cause.
paisley_cross

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

urbanmonk wrote:
paisley_cross wrote:

If the majority of those polled are against abortion wouldn't it follow that they would also be against an abortionist getting the OC for furthering the abortionist cause.

I'm not opposed to news readers but I am opposed to Peter Mansbridge becoming an OC.

There may be those who are not opposed to abortion but are opposed to Morgentaler as an individual getting the OC. Like me.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  

Jump to: