Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds


CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect



Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 2 of 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Sheila





Joined: 09 Feb 2008
Posts: 556
Reputation: -6.8
votes: 16
Location: Central Alberta

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No I threw it away seven years ago and didn't bother to write it down. But at the time I did check my bible to see if it really was a passage in the bible, and it was. Funny that you haven't been able to find it.
crazymamma





Joined: 18 Aug 2007
Posts: 1011
Reputation: 71.8
votes: 14
Location: The kitchen

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty sure I would have remembered such a verse if I had come across it.


Please make an effort to find this passage you assert exists......other wise I will be forced to consign it to your imagination and that would be a shame......
Mac





Joined: 02 Sep 2006
Posts: 5500
Reputation: 104
votes: 35
Location: John Baird's riding...

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sheila wrote:
Funny that you haven't been able to find it.

Funny you would expect others to search for something you asserted existed which no-one else has heard of...

-Mac
FascistLibertarian





Joined: 23 Feb 2007
Posts: 1092
Reputation: 30.1Reputation: 30.1Reputation: 30.1
votes: 14
Location: Ontario

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meh, key parts of the jewish, christian, and muslim religions are very offensive to me.
:P
Sheila





Joined: 09 Feb 2008
Posts: 556
Reputation: -6.8
votes: 16
Location: Central Alberta

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 Corinthians 6:14
The assumption that non believers are lawless and make sure you don't hang out with any.
I totally agree Fascist Libertarian.
Here's one for you crazymamma, 1 Corinthians 14:33-35. Do you abide by this principle?


Last edited by Sheila on Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
paisley_cross





Joined: 09 Jul 2008
Posts: 806
Reputation: 124.9
votes: 3
Location: Canada

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrsocko wrote:
I would like to read that verse where it says Christians are better than everyone else too. Maybe I can learn a thing or two.


So would I. I definitely would like to show it to my Jewish and Muslim friends.

Odd though - I don't remember being taught that in Church. I was a Baptist and our pastor was never shy in trumpeting the superiority of Baptist teachings over those of other denominations.
crazymamma





Joined: 18 Aug 2007
Posts: 1011
Reputation: 71.8
votes: 14
Location: The kitchen

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sheila wrote:
2 Corinthians 6:14
The assumption that non believers are lawless and make sure you don't hang out with any.
I totally agree Fascist Libertarian.
Here's one for you crazymamma, 1 Corinthians 14:33-35. Do you abide by this principle?


You use this as your basis for Christians think they are bettter???????

ROTFLMAO, that is soooo cute.

This verse refers to the admonishment to stay with in your own belief system.. If you are Christian and believe in your religion you should be associating with those that support and live the same life style as you do. really just some common sense ya know.....

How about I go to a Muslim mosque and start preaching my word? How about I should live in a Muslim home and adopt their ways completely and still profess myself to be Christan? If you are Christian and wish to raise your children as Christians don't marry someone out of your Faith, it dilutes your chances of succeeding. You are Christian or you aren't, the easiest way to stay and live a Christian life is to associate with Christians,,....Elementary my dear.....Reality check please....

Talking of lawless just meant that they do not hold the ways,(the laws , the commandments, belief in Christ therefore you should not live or marry outside of your faith, if you want to practice faithfully, honestly in your own faith. Simple.....

Quote:
34) The women are to keep silent in the churches; for they are not permitted to speak, but are to subject themselves, just as the Law also says. 35) If they desire to learn anything, let them ask their own husbands at home; for it is improper for a woman to speak in church.


I think you have a clue as to my stand on this one, but then maybe you don't because context really is everything here isn't it.

This was an answer that was given when several letters were written to Paul complaining that the female population (predominately ) kept interrupting the sermons with questions, talking out loud asking their hubbies "What did he say? What did he mean by that? They were being very loud and rude and services were being halted by the interruptions and was counter productive to the point of service.

Paul was admonishing them to use their manners and be quiet and let the service go on as planned and if they had questions? Ask when the service was over, stop interrupting already.

Now what is so wrong with asking people to have manners? My guess is the men may have not understood everything that was being said but they didn't want to appear ignorant by asking questions during the ceremony. A guy thing I guess. Just who thinks it is good manners to interrupt a ceremony selfishly instead of waiting to ask your questions later anyway?
Sheila





Joined: 09 Feb 2008
Posts: 556
Reputation: -6.8
votes: 16
Location: Central Alberta

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great to see you back crazymamma, excellent answers. I sure had my bible study today I might add. :D I came across 2 Thessalonians 3:14 and that could have been the one too.
When I read 1 Timothy 1:8-11 I thought of FL and I see where he is coming from.
I looked at it again and saw a lot of people lacking loving-kindness which was at the top of the list.
crazymamma





Joined: 18 Aug 2007
Posts: 1011
Reputation: 71.8
votes: 14
Location: The kitchen

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sheila wrote:
Great to see you back crazymamma, excellent answers. I sure had my bible study today I might add. :D I came across 2 Thessalonians 3:14 and that could have been the one too.


Quote:
3:14 But if anyone does not obey our message through this letter, take note of him and do not associate closely with him, so that he may be ashamed. 3:15 Yet do not regard him as an enemy, but admonish him as a brother.


Supposed to be in a loving manner I believe.

Quote:
When I read 1 Timothy 1:8-11 I thought of FL and I see where he is coming from.
I looked at it again and saw a lot of people lacking loving-kindness which was at the top of the list.


Ya I know what you mean....but we are all supposed to be trying to perfect ourselves in his loving-kindness....unfortunately we are only human so far... we all fail at somethings, sometimes. Kinda like those weight watcher devotees who leave a meeting and stop off at Timmy's on the way home... Only human weakness at play.
mrsocko





Joined: 29 Oct 2006
Posts: 2463
Reputation: 131.2
votes: 8
Location: Southwestern Ontario

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
1 Peter 3:8 - Finally, all of you, live in harmony with one another; be sympathetic, love as brothers, be compassionate and humble


Quote:
Eph. 4:2 - Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love


Quote:
1Pe 5: 5 - "God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble."



Quote:
LK 14:7 - When he noticed how the guests picked the places of honor at the table, he told them this parable: 8"When someone invites you to a wedding feast, do not take the place of honor, for a person more distinguished than you may have been invited. 9If so, the host who invited both of you will come and say to you, `Give this man your seat.' Then, humiliated, you will have to take the least important place. 10But when you are invited, take the lowest place, so that when your host comes, he will say to you, `Friend, move up to a better place.' Then you will be honored in the presence of all your fellow guests. 11For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted."


Christians are to be humble. In the last case it says to sit in the lowly places in order to receive honour. People like Mother Teresa learned this lesson well.

But it doesn't matter what we say. Seems Sheila's made up her mind that Christians are told to be egotistical. Seems she's closed her mind to the Gospel.
potan





Joined: 30 Jul 2007
Posts: 582
Reputation: 36.3Reputation: 36.3Reputation: 36.3Reputation: 36.3
votes: 2
Location: Ontario

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sheila wrote:
No I threw it away seven years ago and didn't bother to write it down. But at the time I did check my bible to see if it really was a passage in the bible, and it was. Funny that you haven't been able to find it.


Sheila we would appreciate it if you would show some courtesy and not talk about "throwing away" a book that um..some people consider very holy. I'm sure you certainly wouldn't talk like that about the Koran or the Baghvad Gita (if you had done the same with such books), but I guess since Christians are the most evil people on earth as liberals would have us believe they are ok with, throwing away our Bible, and banning Bible passages as "hate literature" and sending us to human rights commissions, and they must be certainly fine with the Koran because you know, we are a multicultural country and everything. People like Sheila are perfect examples of moral relativists who think any idea or belief is of equal merit unless of course it has anything to do with that "fascist nazi extremist religion called Christianity", in which case it has to be banned and removed from existence because you know its a "personal" thing.
Sheila





Joined: 09 Feb 2008
Posts: 556
Reputation: -6.8
votes: 16
Location: Central Alberta

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you saying Potan that I should have saved that scrap of paper (about 9" x 2") that the passage was typed on? If I kept every single scrap of paper I ever received I would be in scrap paper heaven. Aren't you being a tad bit over zealous?
Do you feel I shouldn't have explained to my daughter that it was not true. She couldn't hang out with her dad because he's an atheist (at the time I still believed). Should I have let her believe like so many other children from that church, that they are better? Another example of this in my town was the animosity felt between the town kids and the country kids, who who used to go to separate schools. How about the current animosity between the public school and the Catholic school. Children are very much the sounding boards of their parents. They are great imitators. When my kids come home and say so and so said this and so and so said that, I listen. I still remember the new kid at school who wasn't white, my son told me other kids didn't want to play with him because of his skin colour. He was so replused by their views, he thought that was so wrong. He told me that it doesn't matter what colour your skin is, we are all the same underneath. :) Out of the mouths of babes.
potan





Joined: 30 Jul 2007
Posts: 582
Reputation: 36.3Reputation: 36.3Reputation: 36.3Reputation: 36.3
votes: 2
Location: Ontario

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sheila wrote:
Are you saying Potan that I should have saved that scrap of paper (about 9" x 2") that the passage was typed on? If I kept every single scrap of paper I ever received I would be in scrap paper heaven. Aren't you being a tad bit over zealous?
Do you feel I shouldn't have explained to my daughter that it was not true. She couldn't hang out with her dad because he's an atheist (at the time I still believed). Should I have let her believe like so many other children from that church, that they are better? Another example of this in my town was the animosity felt between the town kids and the country kids, who who used to go to separate schools. How about the current animosity between the public school and the Catholic school. Children are very much the sounding boards of their parents. They are great imitators. When my kids come home and say so and so said this and so and so said that, I listen. I still remember the new kid at school who wasn't white, my son told me other kids didn't want to play with him because of his skin colour. He was so replused by their views, he thought that was so wrong. He told me that it doesn't matter what colour your skin is, we are all the same underneath. :) Out of the mouths of babes.


k k we get your point. You are smarter, more modern and better than us poor superstitious religious zealots.
Sheila





Joined: 09 Feb 2008
Posts: 556
Reputation: -6.8
votes: 16
Location: Central Alberta

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

potan wrote:
You are smarter, more modern and better than us poor superstitious religious zealots.


I don't exactly know where you got that notion from? I have had a lot of eye opening experiences, you don't want me to share them with you?
mrsocko





Joined: 29 Oct 2006
Posts: 2463
Reputation: 131.2
votes: 8
Location: Southwestern Ontario

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Sheila we would appreciate it if you would show some courtesy and not talk about "throwing away" a book that um..some people consider very holy


She thru away a piece of paper Potan not the Bible.

The way you are replying to her is not appropriate. You don't have to defend Christianity to non believers using such strong words, God's in control. He will work in their hearts. Turn the other cheek.

We are to love people. Then they will know we are his followers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 2 of 3

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  


 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Key elements of Christian doctrine are offensive to Muslims

phpBBCopyright 2001, 2005 phpBB