Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cool Blue

votes: 10

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The World Federalist groups was the trendy thing to join back in the 70's (it was rumoured to have been bankrolled by the USSR).

I wouldn't give much thought to it. People who are still living in the 70's are stuck on it with it's pie in the sky fantasies.

Seriously, the UN doesn't even work how could a one world government work?

Would this new world order be democratic?

Would it be secular?

What legal system would it use? Common law? Civil code? Sharia?

Would it recognize gay marriage?

All those questions are huge issues which would prevent something like this from every happening.
Bleatmop

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

concerned wrote:
Bleatmop wrote:
concerned wrote:
What did you think of the Cronkite speech bleat? He's obviously talking about something that is happening. He is still influencial in American media circles.

I didn't watch it. Perhaps you could give me a summary?

Basically what he is saying is that individual nations need to lose their sovereignty and accept a world vision, a one world government. This speech was given at an event by the World Federalist Association which is an advocate for global governance.

If this is all a load of BS, please tell me. I want the opinions of intelligent people like you. If it's all a myth, then explain why. I know a world government would have plenty of obstacles, but I do believ that there are influential people in this world (USA) who have made this concept their goal.

Here is an article for you to read. It is written by the President of The Council on Foreign Relations. Please read it and let me know what you think. Thanks.

http://www.cfr.org/publication.....ation.html

Well, I wouldn't say I'm intelligent enough to explain away any beliefs you hold. All I can do is look at the same evidence you do and interpret it in another way. Perhaps a person more versed in this subject would be able to help you.
Sheila

votes: 16

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Concerned, none of the above posters actually watched either video. So it's really hard for bleatmop to see the same thing you have, since he never watched it. But he was quite willing to jump in and run it down until you asked what is in these articles that are wrong. Well no one can answer you. All these brainiacs on here, not a one can answer you. :lol:
Everyone has preconceived notions, and this kind of stuff goes against everything they believe. So if they were to believe this stuff that would make them question everything that they believe in. There are quite a few people on this forum unwilling to do that. Too scary. :oops:
concerned

Reputation: 42.1Reputation: 42.1Reputation: 42.1Reputation: 42.1

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find the discussions here much more sensible and intelligent that all the hate spewed on a site like rabble.ca. just my humble opinion though.
Bleatmop

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sheila wrote:
Hi Concerned, none of the above posters actually watched either video. So it's really hard for bleatmop to see the same thing you have, since he never watched it. But he was quite willing to jump in and run it down until you asked what is in these articles that are wrong. Well no one can answer you. All these brainiacs on here, not a one can answer you. :lol:
Everyone has preconceived notions, and this kind of stuff goes against everything they believe. So if they were to believe this stuff that would make them question everything that they believe in. There are quite a few people on this forum unwilling to do that. Too scary. :oops:

Where exactly did I run it down?
urbanmonk

votes: 5

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Walter Cronkite Wants Borders Erased Reply with quote

concerned wrote:
Check out this video of a speech by Walter Cronkite. I wonder if something like a one world government could possibly happen?

I watched both videos, they were interesting. Cronkite, Hillary and Mike Douglas weren't a surprise and I'm sure if Lennon were still alive he'd have been there for the occasion as well to sing 'Imagine' .
I agree with FF Canuck, it's unlikely to happen, at least in our lifetime. The John Birch Society who did the second video tends to overstate the threat (at least in my opinion). In the sixties they were quite paranoid about commies, not that communism wasn't an issue but they were just a little over the top. I suspect communism would have failed without their efforts. At any rate it's obvious that world government is a goal of many elites but it's so far removed from the realities of our world that it's not a immediate threat to worry about.
The Society will continue to point out the bogymen for us, I'm glad they do I just don't fret too much over it.
All IMHO
mrsocko

votes: 8

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If there was one world government so what. There would still be other levels of goverment at the country state/provincial municipal levels.

One world government might bring peace to the Middle East. Then the Anti-Christ can set up shop in Jerusalem, defile the new temple, usher in the tribulation and get his *ss kicked when JC comes on the clouds of glory.

Hallelujah, Amen brother!
Duck Tory

Reputation: 40.3Reputation: 40.3Reputation: 40.3Reputation: 40.3
votes: 4

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All i got to say bout Kronkite is this...He is absolutely Insane to say what he said.
Sheila

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bleatmop wrote:
concerned wrote:
I've just been doing a lot of reading on these issues. I'm not some kooky conspiracy nut. I just believe there are powerful elements out there trying to impose a one world government. I came here to discuss these issues with intelligent people. I'm just searching for truth. Do you think it is totally inane to think that there is a one world government plot? If the mainstream media is in with it, then we the people are blind to the truth. Here is an internet video I viewed. Maybe I'm to naive to call it all aload of BS. If you get a chance to watch this, let me know why you think it is wrong. Thanks.

http://video.google.ca/videopl.....&hl=en

I started watching your video, but then I got bored. I was just wondering what you were basing your opinions on though, and now I know. Thanks.

This was a pretty ignorant response Bleatmop. If you didn't watch it, why did you feel the need to comment?
Sheila

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Walter Cronkite Wants Borders Erased Reply with quote

urbanmonk wrote:
I agree with FF Canuck, it's unlikely to happen, at least in our lifetime. The John Birch Society who did the second video tends to overstate the threat (at least in my opinion).... At any rate it's obvious that world government is a goal of many elites but it's so far removed from the realities of our world that it's not a immediate threat to worry about.
The Society will continue to point out the bogymen for us, I'm glad they do I just don't fret too much over it.
All IMHO

Does this make you fret?
http://www.gateway.ualberta.ca/view.php?aid=2632
don muntean

votes: 8

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Walter Cronkite Wants Borders Erased Reply with quote

Sheila wrote:
urbanmonk wrote:
I agree with FF Canuck, it's unlikely to happen, at least in our lifetime. The John Birch Society who did the second video tends to overstate the threat (at least in my opinion).... At any rate it's obvious that world government is a goal of many elites but it's so far removed from the realities of our world that it's not a immediate threat to worry about.
All IMHO

Does this make you fret?

The most orgiastic display of coordinated corporate capitalism/state cronyism happens at the annual Bilderberg meetings, but since

our monolithic Canwest-Corus-Shaw-Quebecor-Bell media entity and even the venerable CBC refuse to cover them in-depth, all I can say is, thank God for the Internet.

The annual Bilderberg meetings were initiated in 1954 by the Nazi-sympathizing Prince Bernhard of the Netherlands at the Hotel de Bilderberg in Oosterbeek, Holland. Even though the meetings take place annually all over the world, they still retain their original name. The purpose of the meetings is to foster dialogue among world leaders in a private setting and enable leaders to be more candid than they would otherwise be in public.

Outsiders regard the meetings as “secret,” whereas attendees defend them as “private.” While they are exercising their rights to free assembly, I doubt that industry and state leaders of this calibre get together to engage in idle banter, scotch-drinking and a round of golf. The purpose of the meetings is to reach an informal consensus and then work towards that consensus through their more formal governmental bodies such as the G8.

Last year’s meeting took place near Versailles, France while most of us were enjoying our annual May-long holiday, and barely was a peep heard of it in the Canadian press. Some headline guests included, as always, Henry Kissinger and Conrad Black (who sits on the steering committee that chooses invitees) as well as big-name Canadians like Heather Reisman of Chapters-Indigo, Anthony Fell, Chairman of RBC Dominion Securities, Mark Steyn, writer for Conrad Black’s paper group, and Stephen Harper.

Maybe the corporate media is just stupid, or perhaps they’re in on it, too. Only the 15 May, 2003 issue of the Toronto Sun and the 6 June, 2003 issue of Edmonton’s See Magazine mentioned Stephen Harper’s attendance, but both failed to provide the coverage that others such as Pepe Escobar’s “Masters of the Universe” article did for the Asia Times. The only other coverage available was on blogs and Independent Media Collective (Indymedia) websites across Canada.

A 1987 issue of the Economist magazine once declared: “when you have scaled the Bilderberg, you have arrived.” This is why Stephen Harper’s recent attendance at the 2003 Bilderberg meeting has such significance, as it indicates that the global ruling class has placed its long-term bets on Harper. This is important for the Conservative leadership race, as Belinda Stronach has only captured the hearts of the World Economic Forum crowd, who rank lower in the global-ruling food chain. However, the real leadership race is amongst the partisan plebeians, and in all likelihood, the globalists can only hope for a positive outcome.

The Bilderberg group is said, though, to have made kings of Bill Clinton and Tony Blair, who were unknowns until after they had done their rounds at the annual meetings. Uncle Ralph did it the other way, as he was whisked away in 1995 to a Bilderberg meeting a few years after becoming King of the Kleinocratic Ralph-ublic of Oilbertastan, 51st State in the Union. Some say it reflected Black’s admiration for the “privatize and tell lots of lies” strategy that plunged Alberta into the Kleinocracy it is today. Klein is not unique, though, as other Canadian politicians like Paul Martin and Mike Harris have attended. Is this why Klein appears closer to Martin and Harris? I asked Uncle Ralph this very question recently, and he responded with a “no.”

To Canada’s media conglomerates, I say do your job to inform us as to how these meetings shape Canada’s future and how the Bilderberg consensus affects our policies and lives. The next one might be in Florida or Georgia—get your asses down there and cover it. Because after all, we have a right to know.

So why couldn't they keep Black's butt out of prison? You know what? People believe so many nonsense things - so these people gather - so what! Who cares!

Do you think they need to have some big to-do meting to coordinate their alleged stranglehold over the world? Give me a break.

Maybe it reaaally is a party weekend for the elites!
Sheila

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last year it was held in Istanbul.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qcjk0_wj7Do
The youtube video declaring that this year's Bilderberg meeting is in Washington D.C. is unavailable.
FF_Canuck

votes: 17

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's probably because they were held in Chantilly, Virgina, last month: Link. I'm trying not to be flippant, but are there any conspiracy theories you don't believe in?
Sheila

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FFCanuck, do you believe in Don's conspiracy theory? Because that's the only conspiracy theory he believes.
Actually I believe in facts and you have yet to tell Concerned where the facts on both of the films she posted were wrong. Instead of answering the real questions, you have chosen to tell me how wrong I am, LOL. Sorry concerned, you won't get a real answer out of FFCanuck because he can't pull his head out of a policitian's ass long enough to answer the question. (and I don't mean to be flippant about it)
Duck Tory

Reputation: 40.3Reputation: 40.3Reputation: 40.3Reputation: 40.3
votes: 4

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conspiracy theory by Libs are excuse by those who refuse to understand a situation.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  

Jump to: