Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds


CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect



  

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
truth4freedom





Joined: 14 Jan 2007
Posts: 255
Reputation: 23.7Reputation: 23.7
votes: 3
Location: Bible Belt USA!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:55 pm    Post subject: Chuck Baldwin: Your Thoughts Reply with quote

While I am still actively supporting Ron Paul and his ideas, I have recently switched gears to support Chuck Baldwin of the Constitution Party for President in 2008.

I believe that both nominees of the major parties have abandoned their base, favoring a moderate approach in McCain's case, and a wildy leftist approach in Obama's. This presents a golden opportunity for all of the additional parties. Constitution, Independant, Liberatarian, Green, all viable parties with good ideas and solid leadership.

I am excited to see the progress that has been achieved this year for third parties, especially with blossoming ballet access.

What are your thoughts on Chuck Baldwin and other third party candidates? Do you think that we could see mass defection from the two major parties and 3 or more options present themselves as a strong challenger in 2012?
mrsocko





Joined: 29 Oct 2006
Posts: 2463
Reputation: 131.2
votes: 8
Location: Southwestern Ontario

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If a third party candidate starts getting electoral votes and the winner of the election does not get 50% is he still elected Pres or is there a runoff election between the top 2?
truth4freedom





Joined: 14 Jan 2007
Posts: 255
Reputation: 23.7Reputation: 23.7
votes: 3
Location: Bible Belt USA!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrsocko wrote:
If a third party candidate starts getting electoral votes and the winner of the election does not get 50% is he still elected Pres or is there a runoff election between the top 2?


Good question. I honestly do not know :oops: . I will have to look into it!
urbanmonk





Joined: 12 Jul 2007
Posts: 307
Reputation: 16.8Reputation: 16.8
votes: 5

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are supporting Chuck Baldwin, than I assume you're quite conservative and also may or may not think Bush had something to do with 9/11.
It seems counter productive to use your vote on someone who will never get the chance to be as conservative as you would like. These independent parties in the US will never get anywhere and all they seem to accomplish is to shift the balance either to the Dems or the Republicans, whichever the case may be that election year.
The next President will pick at least one justice probably more, for me that alone would guarantee I'd vote McCain, at least he has some pressure on him to choose conservatives.
Craig
Site Admin




Joined: 29 Aug 2006
Posts: 4415
Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8
votes: 36

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

urbanmonk wrote:
If you are supporting Chuck Baldwin, than I assume you're quite conservative and also may or may not think Bush had something to do with 9/11.
It seems counter productive to use your vote on someone who will never get the chance to be as conservative as you would like. These independent parties in the US will never get anywhere and all they seem to accomplish is to shift the balance either to the Dems or the Republicans, whichever the case may be that election year.
The next President will pick at least one justice probably more, for me that alone would guarantee I'd vote McCain, at least he has some pressure on him to choose conservatives.


I remember when I ran for the Family Coalition Party in Ontario. A lady called me up and thanked me for running - she said she hadn't voted in 20 years because there was never a prolife candidate in our riding. She knew I wouldn't win - but her conscience wouldn't allow her to vote otherwise. The consequences of your vote is irrelevant if you truly have integrity.
truth4freedom





Joined: 14 Jan 2007
Posts: 255
Reputation: 23.7Reputation: 23.7
votes: 3
Location: Bible Belt USA!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

urbanmonk wrote:
If you are supporting Chuck Baldwin, than I assume you're quite conservative and also may or may not think Bush had something to do with 9/11.


Yes I am quote Conservative and I would most assuredly be classified in one of those two groups, Bush having or not having something to do with 9/11 as he clearly either did or did not.

urbanmonk wrote:
It seems counter productive to use your vote on someone who will never get the chance to be as conservative as you would like.


He is as conservative as I would like, that is why I am voting for him.

urbanmonk wrote:
These independent parties in the US will never get anywhere and all they seem to accomplish is to shift the balance either to the Dems or the Republicans, whichever the case may be that election year.


I believe both parties are in trouble and may go the way of the Whigs if they continue on their path. The reclaiming of freedom has to start somewhere.

urbanmonk wrote:
The next President will pick at least one justice probably more, for me that alone would guarantee I'd vote McCain, at least he has some pressure on him to choose conservatives.


McCain has not voted in accordance with conservative pressure for quite some time so why would he start now?


craig wrote:
I remember when I ran for the Family Coalition Party in Ontario. A lady called me up and thanked me for running - she said she hadn't voted in 20 years because there was never a prolife candidate in our riding. She knew I wouldn't win - but her conscience wouldn't allow her to vote otherwise. The consequences of your vote is irrelevant if you truly have integrity.


How true Craig. Too much of politics has become trying to build a majority and then maintain it at any cost. I can not and will not ever vote against my conscience again.
SFrank85





Joined: 03 Mar 2007
Posts: 2269
Reputation: 59.8
votes: 4
Location: Toronto - Scarborough Southwest

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrsocko wrote:
If a third party candidate starts getting electoral votes and the winner of the election does not get 50% is he still elected Pres or is there a runoff election between the top 2?


In order to be elected, a candidate must have a 270-vote majority of the Electoral College. Should no candidate for President win a majority of the electoral votes, the choice is given to the House of Representatives.[5] Should no candidate for Vice President possess a majority of the electoral votes, the choice is given to the Senate.[6]
urbanmonk





Joined: 12 Jul 2007
Posts: 307
Reputation: 16.8Reputation: 16.8
votes: 5

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

truth4freedom wrote:

I would most assuredly be classified in one of those two groups, Bush having or not having something to do with 9/11 as he clearly either did or did not.

Sorry I should have said " like Chuck, you probably believe Bush had something to do with 9/11"

Quote:
He is as conservative as I would like, that is why I am voting for him.

Yes I realize that....

Quote:
I believe both parties are in trouble and may go the way of the Whigs if they continue on their path. The reclaiming of freedom has to start somewhere.


I think the country's moral fiber is in trouble, and the parties are reflecting that.
I certainly respect your voting your conscience regardless of the consequences, It's the only way I vote, otherwise whats the point.
I guess with your country I'm more of a pragmatist I still feel that conservative old fashioned values have the best chance of success when good people work within the Republican party, and there are still many fine men and women doing that.

Quote:
McCain has not voted in accordance with conservative pressure for quite some time so why would he start now?

True, but he has publicly stated he would appoint conservatives to the bench and has firmed up along conservative lines many of his social positions. I think he'll do what he says.

Cheers,
truth4freedom





Joined: 14 Jan 2007
Posts: 255
Reputation: 23.7Reputation: 23.7
votes: 3
Location: Bible Belt USA!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

urbanmonk wrote:
Sorry I should have said " like Chuck, you probably believe Bush had something to do with 9/11"


I have never seen Chuck Baldwin even hint at Bush having anything to do with 9/11. Reference and source please.
urbanmonk





Joined: 12 Jul 2007
Posts: 307
Reputation: 16.8Reputation: 16.8
votes: 5

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

truth4freedom wrote:

I have never seen Chuck Baldwin even hint at Bush having anything to do with 9/11. Reference and source please.

I think it may have originated from something he said on radio but I'm not sure. I'll see what I can find for you.
Cheers
urbanmonk





Joined: 12 Jul 2007
Posts: 307
Reputation: 16.8Reputation: 16.8
votes: 5

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I have never seen Chuck Baldwin even hint at Bush having anything to do with 9/11.


Yes I believe you are right, he only said he would support a new 9/11 inquiry and that Stephen Jones raises some very good questions (about his idea that it was an "inside job" presumably). Maybe this is why the truthers seem to be fond of Dr. Baldwin.
Anyway here is the video with his remarks.


Link
FF_Canuck





Joined: 02 Sep 2006
Posts: 3360
Reputation: 73.4
votes: 17
Location: Southern Alberta

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
...and that Stephen Jones raises some very good questions...


Did you mean Alex Jones? He's the paranoid delusional with the conspiracy radio channel, the one that Dr. Paul was on all the time. But yeah, the 'raises good questions, we need to know more' BS is pretty standard Truther pandering - Ron Paul was doing quite a bit of that as well. I don't think either of the good Doctors actually are Truthers, but there's no question they're getting a lot of money and support from that particular ... community.
urbanmonk





Joined: 12 Jul 2007
Posts: 307
Reputation: 16.8Reputation: 16.8
votes: 5

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FF_Canuck wrote:

Did you mean Alex Jones? He's the paranoid delusional with the conspiracy radio channel, the one that Dr. Paul was on all the time.

No Alex has endorsed Chuck but it was Stephen Jones who he was talking about. Stephen is a physicist who came up with the controlled demolition theory.
FF_Canuck





Joined: 02 Sep 2006
Posts: 3360
Reputation: 73.4
votes: 17
Location: Southern Alberta

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, right. I think someone inflicted a video of his on us not too long ago.
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1

  


 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Chuck Baldwin: Your Thoughts

phpBBCopyright 2001, 2005 phpBB