Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bleatmop

votes: 10

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gc wrote:
SFrank85 wrote:
Let’s take a look at atheist regimes around the world… The Soviet Union, North Korea, China, Cuba... Is there not a pattern here?

Those are not atheist countries, but rather anti-theist countries. There is a big difference.

Agreed again!
gc

Reputation: 48.4Reputation: 48.4Reputation: 48.4Reputation: 48.4Reputation: 48.4
votes: 16

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bleatmop wrote:
Agreed again!

:D
SFrank85

votes: 4

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gc wrote:
SFrank85 wrote:
Let’s take a look at atheist regimes around the world… The Soviet Union, North Korea, China, Cuba... Is there not a pattern here?

Those are not atheist countries, but rather anti-theist countries. There is a big difference.

Anti-Theist counties? You are not even allowed to acknowledge the existence of God without being persecuted. That goes well beyond anti-theism.

As for evolution, last time I checked it was still a theory with a lot of holes in it. Same goes for the big bang. Can an atheist explain who the big bang came about?
theatheistjew

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SFrank85 wrote:
gc wrote:
SFrank85 wrote:

Anti-Theist counties? You are not even allowed to acknowledge the existence of God without being persecuted. That goes well beyond anti-theism.

As for evolution, last time I checked it was still a theory with a lot of holes in it. Same goes for the big bang. Can an atheist explain who the big bang came about?

I don't know too many atheists who are out to prevent anyone from praying at their house of worship in the Western world today.

As far as the big bang goes. If you are sincerely interested in knowing what science knows today, watch these two videos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wg1fs6vp9Ok
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v.....re=related

You don't need to be an atheist to accept the big bang and evolution btw.

As far as your creationism gibberish regarding evolution being a theory with holes in it, you can watch these if you are sincerely interested in understanding what science knows about it, and why evolution is both a fact and a theory:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_RXX7pntr8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v.....re=related
SFrank85

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fact and theory! Until you can find the missing link, your theory of evolution has serious flaws.

As for the Big Bang, I don’t deny it happened, nor do I say it happened, because none of us truly know, but the Big Bang theory is compatible with creationism.
Bleatmop

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SFrank85 wrote:
Fact and theory! Until you can find the missing link, your theory of evolution has serious flaws.

As for the Big Bang, I don’t deny it happened, nor do I say it happened, because none of us truly know, but the Big Bang theory is compatible with creationism.

Evolution is not a theory, it is a naturally observed phenomenon. There are questions to certain theories about evolution, but evolution itself is not in doubt.

As for the missing link, what link are your concerned about?
SFrank85

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The evolution line has stopped. People have not changed for the most part for 4 to 6 thousand years. There is no man-ape or ape-man on this planet, so has the evolution stopped all of a sudden. I know you will say it is a slow process but no major change in human’s physique for at least 6,000 years.
Craig
Site Admin

Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8
votes: 36

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theatheistjew wrote:
Well, I don't really know what your idea of a Christian country is because you refuse to define it.

Canada 50 years ago.

Quote:
Is that your idea of a Christian nation. I spit on it.

My grandfather spent six years fighting Nazism during the second world war. I spit on you and your selfish attitude.

Quote:
What Christian countries stopped Hitler? The founders of the USA didn't want to favour any religion contrary to what apologists state.

Canada, the USA, England, Australia were all just as Christian as you contend Germany was.

Quote:
Were the Russians a Christian state?

Forced atheism. Nobody can be sure just how Christian they were.

Quote:
The bottom line was that it was easy to sell the idea that Jews needed to go to a country the had an overwhelming majority of Catholics.

No - the bottom line is that millions of Christians died trying to save the Jews during WWII and you seek to demonize Christians because of a few signs on beeches.
Craig
Site Admin

Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theatheistjew wrote:
The reason Muslim prayer is now in the government is because of "thinkers" like Craig who need the Lords Prayer on tax payer dollars, so that he can beat his chest that this is a Christian nation :roll:

As far as the country that I want. It is pretty close to what we have or are about to have once we get rid of the whining religionists.

Lose the attitude jackass or get lost.

This isn't "raving atheists" - or whatever that cesspool forum is called.
Bleatmop

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SFrank85 wrote:
The evolution line has stopped. People have not changed for the most part for 4 to 6 thousand years. There is no man-ape or ape-man on this planet, so has the evolution stopped all of a sudden. I know you will say it is a slow process but no major change in human’s physique for at least 6,000 years.

Most theories of evolution state that went a new species develop, it happens it an rather rapid manner. So we wouldn't see a slow chance in our species over 6000 years.

As far as evolution stopping, it hasn't. Many new species have been observed to come into existence in our lifetime.

A good video detailing the theories of evolution. It covers from Darwin to Nei, all in a very condensed manner. I would summarize it, but my summary would be useless as this is already a summary.

Link
gc

Reputation: 48.4Reputation: 48.4Reputation: 48.4Reputation: 48.4Reputation: 48.4
votes: 16

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bleatmop wrote:
Many new species have been observed to come into existence in our lifetime.

Perhaps the best example of evolution in our lifetime has been the rise of antibiotic-resistant bacteria. I don't know how anyone can deny that evolution exists considering this.
Craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SFrank85 wrote:

He have become much taller. But it is debatable what role evolution has played in that...
SFrank85

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gc wrote:
Bleatmop wrote:
Many new species have been observed to come into existence in our lifetime.

Perhaps the best example of evolution in our lifetime has been the rise of antibiotic-resistant bacteria. I don't know how anyone can deny that evolution exists considering this.

Are there really new species in our lifetime, or undiscovered species that have always existed, but were never noticeable before?

That is only happening because we have a generation who survive on popping pills, that has nothing to do with natural evolution.

There are more tall people today than there were in the past, not necessarily that we are taller. The average height of men has not changed all that much throughout history.
Bleatmop

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SFrank85 wrote:

Are there really new species in our lifetime, or undiscovered species that have always existed, but were never noticeable before?

I suppose it is possible that the London Underground Mosquito has always existed, but somehow I doubt it.

If you have access to research data bases, the journal article is located at:
lan Burdick (2001). Insect From the Underground - London, England Underground home to different species of mosquitos. Natural History.
Craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SFrank85 wrote:

They are not "new species". They are evolved - but still the same species. Evolution doesn't have to result in a new species.

Quote:
There are more tall people today than there were in the past, not necessarily that we are taller. The average height of men has not changed all that much throughout history.

The average height of man has increased by four inches in the past 150 years. It is well documented - though most attribute it to better nutrition rather than evolution.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  

Jump to: