Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Craig
Site Admin

Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8
votes: 36

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:45 pm    Post subject: Obama presidency illegal??? Reply with quote

Quote:
Bloggers are raising questions about Illinois Sen. Barack Obama's qualifications to be U.S. president, because of the secrecy over his birth certificate and the requirement presidents be "natural-born" U.S. citizens.

Geraghty defined the concerns most clearly, stating: "If Obama were born outside the United States, one could argue that he would not meet the legal definition of natural-born citizen … because U.S. law at the time of his birth required his natural-born parent (his mother) to have resided in the United States for '10 years, at least [f]ive of which had to be after the age of 16.'"

He then points out Ann Dunham, Obama's mother, was 18 when Obama was born "so she wouldn't have met the requirement of five years after the age of 16."

Geraghty said the Obama campaign could "debunk" the rumors about his birth simply by releasing a copy of his birth certificate, but the campaign has so far chosen not to do that.

Hmmmm.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/i.....geId=66787
Bleatmop

votes: 10

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe Hillary will get her chance after all.
krackerjack121

votes: 2

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would be an interesting turn of events wouldn't it. I don't think anything much will come of it though.
Cool Blue

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just thinking about this the other day. Kinda funny how they won't release the birth certificate.

I'm sensing a huge double-standard already though which I dislike. It's not okay to ask if Obama is a natural-born but it was okay to question if McCain is and to even question his mental health...
plantguy

votes: 1

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sometimes get a bit disheatened with how nasty and cutthroat Canadian politics has become, but then I look south of the border and realize that we are rank amatuers when it comes to bare knuckle politics. Frankly, I'm amazed with what these people (both U.S.parties) will do and say to get elected. For them politics really is a blood sport!
FF_Canuck

votes: 17

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Much as I would not like to see an Obama presidency, I can only hope that this comes to nothing. A sudden revelation barring him from the White House like this would not be good for public peace, especially considering the predilections of some of the Obamessiah's supporters.
Big Tuna

votes: 6

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://my.barackobama.com/page/invite/birthcert
FF_Canuck

votes: 17

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Tuna wrote:
http://my.barackobama.com/page/invite/birthcert

Thanks, I'd heard of that. I'm told that a Certification of Birth is not actually the same thing as a Birth Certificate, but I don't see how that could really matter, either. It was just as silly a point to raise as when they did the same for McCain.
mrsocko

votes: 8

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone who think Obama and McCain where seperated at birth is color blind and stooopid.(use a Arkansa drawl when reading this) :wink:
Craig
Site Admin

Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8
votes: 36

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

plantguy wrote:
I sometimes get a bit disheatened with how nasty and cutthroat Canadian politics has become, but then I look south of the border and realize that we are rank amatuers when it comes to bare knuckle politics. Frankly, I'm amazed with what these people (both U.S.parties) will do and say to get elected. For them politics really is a blood sport!

It is the law of the land that you have to meet citizenship requirements. How is that cut throat?
donmuntean

Reputation: 9.7Reputation: 9.7Reputation: 9.7Reputation: 9.7Reputation: 9.7Reputation: 9.7Reputation: 9.7Reputation: 9.7Reputation: 9.7
votes: 4

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At that website we see this:

Note the middle name...what's up with that?
Bleatmop

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

donmuntean wrote:
At that website we see this:

Note the middle name...what's up with that?

It's his middle name. What's up with your question?
Mac

votes: 35

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bleatmop wrote:

:D

-Mac
mrsocko

votes: 8

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Hussien is probably the name of an Uncle or some other close family member or fiend,ur...friend. :lol:
kwlafayette

votes: 28

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/3536

Quote:
For the record, Barack Hussein Obama is a first term U.S. Senator. Obama served only 146 days as a new senator before deciding he was qualified to be president, at which time he largely stopped his duties as senator to campaign for the Oval Office.

Now, where I come from, 146 days of on the job training does not make one an expert on anything. Yet it is Obama’s greatest accomplishment, in terms of qualifications for president.

To call Obama a “freshman” is an overstatement. Political kindergartener would be more appropriate.

I think people are starting to actually think about what they are doing down in the good old USofA.

Jump to: