Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds


CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect



Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 3 of 5
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
FF_Canuck





Joined: 02 Sep 2006
Posts: 3360
Reputation: 73.4
votes: 17
Location: Southern Alberta

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the Arizona Republic: Activist hungry for 'truth' about 9/11

Richard Ruelas wrote:
Blair Gadsby, the 45-year-old former owner of an adult-care home and an adjunct professor of religious studies at a community college, never figured he would be the type of person to stage a hunger strike outside the Phoenix office of U.S. Sen. John McCain.

But about a year ago, Gadsby convinced himself that the U.S. government, not terrorists, demolished the World Trade Center buildings in New York on Sept. 11, 2001. And that belief has turned him into a fasting activist...

...Still, once he locked in on the idea that the government planned the murder of thousands of its citizens, it became his overriding priority. He wondered why it wasn't getting more attention, so he got the idea to sacrifice himself for some attention...


Via doubleplusundead. I can only hope that his fellows are inspired to follow his fine example. You know, for the truth.
kwlafayette





Joined: 03 Sep 2006
Posts: 6155
Reputation: 156.2Reputation: 156.2
votes: 28
Location: Saskatoon Saskatchewan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, just keep believing despite the mountain of evidence to the contrary, and the lack of a single shred of credible evidence on your side. That is pretty much the definition of a conspiracy theorist.

I really don't know how these people can continue to live in the US. Aren't they afraid that they will be "disappeared"? If their beliefs were sincere, would they not have to quit their job and flee the oppression? It is just so weird, they keep going to work, 9 to 5, everyday, but believe their government to be the most malignant and dangerous force the universe has ever seen.
Sheila





Joined: 09 Feb 2008
Posts: 556
Reputation: -6.8
votes: 16
Location: Central Alberta

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sheila wrote:
Richard Gage gives a very convincing argument on the topic of 9/11 at the University of Manitoba.
http://blip.tv/file/306082/


Obviously you've never seen the evidence. Richard Gage is an architect, he is giving you evidence, watch it and then tell us all about conspiracy theorists.
plantguy





Joined: 27 Jul 2007
Posts: 452
Reputation: 96.8Reputation: 96.8
votes: 1
Location: Lower Economy, Nova Scotia

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've also seen "evidence" that Elvis is still alive, Paul McCartney is dead,the FBI killed John Lennon, and Area 51 reversed engineered everything from the stealth bomber to the George Foreman Grill and on and on ad naseum. Airplane hits building, building falls down. Why is that such an incredible concept?
kwlafayette





Joined: 03 Sep 2006
Posts: 6155
Reputation: 156.2Reputation: 156.2
votes: 28
Location: Saskatoon Saskatchewan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One architect, Richard Gage is credible, but the 90 million other architects, engineers, demolition experts, and other applicable experts who all disagree with him are all to be dismissed? Is there any question why you are not being taken seriously?

Just shut up. Please.
FF_Canuck





Joined: 02 Sep 2006
Posts: 3360
Reputation: 73.4
votes: 17
Location: Southern Alberta

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sheila wrote:
Sheila wrote:
Richard Gage gives a very convincing argument on the topic of 9/11 at the University of Manitoba.
http://blip.tv/file/306082/


Obviously you've never seen the evidence. Richard Gage is an architect, he is giving you evidence, watch it and then tell us all about conspiracy theorists.


Oh, I've seen the 'evidence'. Multiple times, presented and twisted and misappropriated a hundred different ways. Any one with even a touch of critical thinking, or common sense, or the ability to apply Occam's Razor, sees through the charade Truthers present.

This crap is poisonous, and the clearest example of slippery slope thinking I've ever seen. It's a cultural virus, that destroys Western civilization's ability to trust itself.
kwlafayette





Joined: 03 Sep 2006
Posts: 6155
Reputation: 156.2Reputation: 156.2
votes: 28
Location: Saskatoon Saskatchewan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am so angry. That is 2 hours of my life that I will never get back. Seriously, is that what passes for evidence to you people? First off, I looked the guy up. He has never done a demolition. Not one. Second, no math, no formulas, he basically got up there, and talked, and showed grainy photos of what could have nee big foot for two freaking hours.

If you live or work in a building designed by this Gage guy, get out now and do not go back inside. He is a complete nutter, and not being based in reality, D doubt anything he touches is structurally sound.

PS. FF is right, this is freaking insidious mental and emotional poison.
Sheila





Joined: 09 Feb 2008
Posts: 556
Reputation: -6.8
votes: 16
Location: Central Alberta

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you want to know what another cultural virus is, FFCanuck? It's the Intellegence Committee Report released on June 5, 2008 and the lies that were propagated to start the Iraq invasion. I found it peculiar that they said they should be looking into the activities of Donald Rumsfeld. http://www.alternet.org/waroniraq/87630/
At first you say that Richard Gage is credible, kylafayette, but turn around and dispute everything he says? Specifically what exactly did he say that you do not agree with? Could you please quote at least one of your 90 million scientists who do not believe what Richard Gage does. Make sure he's credible as you never know if the Bush Administration paid him off. You see when George W and Dick testified together at the 9/11 Commission, that was never recorded and we will never know what they said. But at least we know what the spin was.
kwlafayette





Joined: 03 Sep 2006
Posts: 6155
Reputation: 156.2Reputation: 156.2
votes: 28
Location: Saskatoon Saskatchewan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This reminds me of the last days of the previous forum that I frequented. It was basically taken over by Islamists, anti-Semites, and 911 nutters. This is only one out of the 3, but it brings back bad memories all the same.
FF_Canuck





Joined: 02 Sep 2006
Posts: 3360
Reputation: 73.4
votes: 17
Location: Southern Alberta

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kwlafayette wrote:
This reminds me of the last days of the previous forum that I frequented. It was basically taken over by Islamists, anti-Semites, and 911 nutters. This is only one out of the 3, but it brings back bad memories all the same.


It's something I'm concerned about, I admit. I had forgotten that I decided a while ago to just stick to doling out negative rep when this crap surfaced rather then wasting time tyring to debate someone whose worldview is steeped in denial and disregard of the obvious. I'll be resuming that policy, I think.
Sheila





Joined: 09 Feb 2008
Posts: 556
Reputation: -6.8
votes: 16
Location: Central Alberta

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well you guys love to debate everything else, why not this? Come on, please give me a quote from your 90 million scientists who deny this. By the way FFCanuck, you were the one who started this damn thread and now you don't want to talk about it. What's up with that? Oh I forgot, you only want to post crap about crazy people, just so you can laugh at them.
kwlafayette





Joined: 03 Sep 2006
Posts: 6155
Reputation: 156.2Reputation: 156.2
votes: 28
Location: Saskatoon Saskatchewan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.popularmechanics.co.....27842.html

Go ahead, read the whole thing. Then just dismiss it out of hand and keep going on believing what you want to believe. Just keep going to work, doing the doublethink.

Quote:
The power of holding two contradictory beliefs in one's mind simultaneously, and accepting both of them . . . . To tell deliberate lies while genuinely believing in them, to forget any fact that has become inconvenient, and then, when it becomes necessary again, to draw it back from oblivion for just so long as it is needed, to deny the existence of objective reality and all the while to take account of the reality which one denies all this is indispensably necessary. Even in using the word doublethink it is necessary to exercise doublethink. For by using the word one admits that one is tampering with reality; by a fresh act of doublethink one erases this knowledge; and so on indefinitely, with the lie always one leap ahead of the truth.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doublethink

Just keep going to work, and bingo, and taking the kids to swimming lessons, and acting normal, while simultaneously believing that the US government, which is headed by a supposed moron, pulled it all off without a hitch. Because that is what morons do, right?
Sheila





Joined: 09 Feb 2008
Posts: 556
Reputation: -6.8
votes: 16
Location: Central Alberta

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So are you saying that 70% - 75% of Americans who believe there is a conspiracy are morons?
(That was a pretty sexist comment, btw, but apparently that's what you do best)
That article was published in 2005, get with the times, man. Did you not hear anything about the report from the Intelligence Committee released on June 5. 2008?
What better way to get the whole nation behind you to invade another country, than to start a false flag operation. It worked for Hitler.
kwlafayette





Joined: 03 Sep 2006
Posts: 6155
Reputation: 156.2Reputation: 156.2
votes: 28
Location: Saskatoon Saskatchewan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sheila wrote:
So are you saying that 70% - 75% of Americans who believe there is a conspiracy are morons?
(That was a pretty sexist comment, btw, but apparently that's what you do best)
That article was published in 2005, get with the times, man. Did you not hear anything about the report from the Intelligence Committee released on June 5. 2008?
What better way to get the whole nation behind you to invade another country, than to start a false flag operation. It worked for Hitler.

I hereby state unequivocally, and for the record, that anybody who believes the US government is behind the 9/11 attacks is a moron, I do not respect their opinion, and I further believe that they are despicable human beings, undeserving of polite responses to their deranged rantings. I will not be engaging in anymore dialog with anyone who believes such obviously false things. 9/11 conspiracy theories are the most deeply offensive ranting to emerge in my lifetime.

Feel free to continue believing what you want to believe, regardless of how stupid and dystopian those beliefs may or may not be. I will be getting on with my life in the real world, where morons are actually morons, not people who can orchestrate the most mind boggling and complicated schemes, involving tens of thousands of people.
Bleatmop





Joined: 03 Sep 2006
Posts: 953
Reputation: 17.5Reputation: 17.5
votes: 10

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sheila wrote:
Well you guys love to debate everything else, why not this? Come on, please give me a quote from your 90 million scientists who deny this. By the way FFCanuck, you were the one who started this damn thread and now you don't want to talk about it. What's up with that? Oh I forgot, you only want to post crap about crazy people, just so you can laugh at them.


Why not??? Because it is an insult to every person that died that day on 9/11. To trivialize their deaths with crazy conspiracy theories is a horrible, horrible, horrible thing to do.
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 3 of 5

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  


 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Thoughts on Conspiracy

phpBBCopyright 2001, 2005 phpBB