Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
donmuntean

Reputation: 9.7Reputation: 9.7Reputation: 9.7Reputation: 9.7Reputation: 9.7Reputation: 9.7Reputation: 9.7Reputation: 9.7Reputation: 9.7
votes: 4

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...it's moot because he ain't going to win... :lol:
mrsocko

votes: 8

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's gotta be Hillary or they destroy the party. Or some other right wing woman. And Hillary was right of Obamanation fer sure.
kwlafayette

votes: 28

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrsocko wrote:
It's gotta be Hillary or they destroy the party. Or some other right wing woman. And Hillary was right of Obamanation fer sure.
That is the thing, it cannot be Hillary, because of what she has said and done during this campaign.
Bleatmop

votes: 10

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kwlafayette wrote:
mrsocko wrote:
That is the thing, it cannot be Hillary, because of what she has said and done during this campaign.

And must be her because of how fragmented the Dems will be without her. It's clearly a no win situation and will destroy them as a party.
kwlafayette

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was this all part of Hillary's long game? Make sure Barrack is not elected so that she gets another go in 20012, at which time she will be able to say that she was right all along, and the party better listen to her this time?
mrsocko

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Was this all part of Hillary's long game? Make sure Barrack is not elected so that she gets another go in 20012, at which time she will be able to say that she was right all along, and the party better listen to her this time?

It's maybe her scorched earth policy. If it is she's a real patriot :x

Oh well McCains gonna win anyway.
kwlafayette

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What does patriotism have to do with loyalty to a political party, or treating your political party nice? The US would be just fine if the Democrats are splintered, she has not done anything to weaken national security by making it harder for Obama. In fact, maybe that is the most patriotic act of all, if you think Obama is the next Jimmy Carter...
mrsocko

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sabatoging Obama's political campaign for her own personal gain makes her a non-patriot. Even if we disagree with Obama's policies he should get a chance to live or die on them and the American people should be have a clear choice between him and McCain rather than having this selfish bitch sabotaging any chance for him to win.

Sometimes you got to take on for the team in the best interests of your country.

If this is the way she acts now how would she be as a President? Would she do things in the countries best interest or her own?

The Clinton's make me sick.
kwlafayette

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me get this straight. When Hillary tries to win, it is unpatriotic. When Obama tries to win, "he should get a chance to live or die on them"? There really is a sexist double standard.

PS. Obama deserves a chance, but Hillary does not? Because she wanted to be the candidate, she is unpatriotic? There does not appear to be any explanation for this, other than she should be in the kitchen cooking, not trying to be all uppity and run the country. The temerity of that woman, trying to beat a man! I guess being a woman is worse that being black?
mrsocko

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Let me get this straight. When Hillary tries to win, it is unpatriotic. When Obama tries to win, "he should get a chance to live or die on them"? There really is a sexist double standard.

What the hell are you talking about. I thought we were talking about Hillary sabotaging Obama's chances to become President in his fight with the republicans. Hillary has lost the nomination!!
If Hillary is trying to win the 2012 nomination by not supporting/sabotaging Obama and hoping he fails to win the Presidency in 08 she is wrong.

This is what you wrote:
Quote:

Shelve your talk of a sexist double standard! I don't operate that way.

It's all moot any way. She's supporting him now.
kwlafayette

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you call fighting a close campaign till the bitter end sabotaging the other guy. Why couldn't Obama drop out and take one for the team? He did just as much to sabotage Hillary's chances as she did to sabotage his. Is Obama unpatriotic too, or does that only apply to women? Is any woman trying to win against any man always unpatriotic, or just if it is a Clinton woman?

I can see why people like Harriet Christian are absolutely furious about how this turned out. There has never been anything like Hillary nutcrackers sold to undermine any other candidate that I can think of. Also, exactly why is she a bitch, is it because she does not know her place? It is one thing to criticize policy, and not think someone can do the job; it is quite another to denigrate a woman as a menopausal, unpatriotic bitch.
Craig
Site Admin

Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8
votes: 36

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kwlafayette wrote:
If you call fighting a close campaign till the bitter end sabotaging the other guy. Why couldn't Obama drop out and take one for the team? He did just as much to sabotage Hillary's chances as she did to sabotage his.

I agree. She put a lot into the campaign (money and effort). Pulling out isn't easy and I wouldn't do it either until there was no chance left.
kwlafayette

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, if you look at the race, I think anybody in Clinton's position would have stayed in there, just like she did. Obama had some early success, but for the last 2 or 3 months, he was unable to increase his lead in delegate count; he was unable to pull away and seal the deal. One lucky break, she could have closed the gap, or if it had gone the other way, she would have gotten out earlier. In fact, I think for the last few weeks, she was maybe even gaining a little on him, gaining strength. Obama was winning, but he was not dominating.

In that situation, I would have stayed in the race too. True that the Clinton's play on the dirtier side, maybe sling a bit a more muck that other politicians, but they are not the worst. And you cannot tell me that naked over reaching ambition was not present in both candidates.

PS. I think some of it too, is that there has not been a close nomination race for a long time, people have forgotten what they look like. The nomination battles have been more like coronations in both parties for a long time.
mrsocko

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you put out the comment
Quote:

I agreed. Then you call me a sexist bastard.

Okay I shouldn't have called her a bitch, but comments like "I'm staying in the race because RFK was assasinated in June" does not make me think more of her.

I think she has every right to stay in the race as long as possible. I thought you where referring to staying in the race after he had clinched the nomination. The day after I agreed with your comments she suspended her campaign. No issue here.

The Clinton's have always come across as power hungry politians who would throw their mother under the bus if it helped them. This has nothing to do with women. It has to do with the Clinton's.

Quote:
Also, exactly why is she a bitch, is it because she does not know her place? It is one thing to criticize policy, and not think someone can do the job; it is quite another to denigrate a woman as a menopausal, unpatriotic bitch.

I said nothing about her not knowing her place or being menopausal.

You thought up that sexist crap by yourself.
kwlafayette

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone in politics wants power, it is the nature of the politics. Obama is every bit as hungry for it as McCain, Hillary, or Nancy Pelosi.

The unpatriotic thing reminded me of one of the smears used against Harper an election or two ago. Some reporter or another asked him if he loved Canada or some such, then the answer was deemed inappropriate.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  

Jump to: