Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kwlafayette

votes: 28

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Democrats lose presidential elections, and the Republicans win them, that is what they do. Refer to the 2000 and 2004 elections all the evidence you need of this indisputable fact.

How is it in Clinton's best interests to help Obama? This is basically her last shot at the presidency. In 8 years, she is too old, so if she does not get the nod this time, and Obama wins, the dream is over for her.

Obama is the first presidential candidate that I have seen where the US no longer existing at the end of his term is an actual possibility. Lefties may think that is great, but I don't.
kwlafayette

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories.....4727.shtml

Quote:
In a stark rejection of Obama in a state Bill Clinton carried in 1992 and 1996, almost half of the Democratic primary voters - typically the most partisan Democrats in a state - said they’d vote for Republican John McCain rather than Obama in November.

Sounds like Obama has his work cut out for him.
mrsocko

votes: 8

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
First of, the losing side is going to be furious with the winning side; either Hillary's supporters will sit on their hands, or Obama's will.

Exactly. That's why they get a deal done and Hitlery will be the running mate. It's suicide to do anything else. They have a love in at the convention and they have a dream ticket. It's the only hope they have because this race has been so divisive that Obama'a supporters will not vote for Hillary and hers won't vote for Obama.

Obama/Hillary gets done! Book it!
kwlafayette

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Wo.....26-cp.html
Quote:
The fading dream generated by Clinton's historic bid is leaving behind a wash of disappointment and anger, some of it directed at party officials and the media.

An Ohio-based group of Clinton supporters even says it will try to thwart Barack Obama in key swing states in the presidential race this fall.

"Our party has been witness to the most outrageous display of misogyny and sexism in modern campaign history," organizer Cynthia Ruccia told a news conference in Columbus late last week.

What can you say to that? The cult of victim hood chickens coming home to roost I guess. Is it so impossible to believe that your person could lose simply because the other person ran a better show?

PS. I think the Dems just may be done for another 8 years here, Presidentially speaking.
mrsocko

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hillary just won Kentucky 66% - 30%. Obama will take Oregon by a similar margin. No knockout punch coming in the Primaries. Hillary's scorched earth approach is certainly paying dividends - for Republicans.

Oh well. McCain will make a good President.
kwlafayette

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would not agree with that statement, I don't think McCain will be any great shakes as president. He is no Reagan or Thatcher, but I guess he is probably not a Carter either, I will give him that.
mrsocko

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess if he were Canadian he would be a Progressive Conservative and they were no hell.
FF_Canuck

votes: 17

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not so optimistic. They may be divided now, but will unite behind Obama in time to stop the bleeding. Identity politics aside, there was no conceivable ideological difference between Obama and Clinton, and there's no poison pill to be swallowed like there is with conservatives regarding McCain.
Wallace

votes: 2

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=uE0ALOqpsfM
mrsocko

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the Robert Kennedy blast has effectively ended any hope Hillary had of the VP NOM.

She comes across sort of vicious sometimes.

If she were with Obama and there was an assination attempt im sure she would hide behind him :lol:
kwlafayette

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.realclearpolitics.c.....es_of.html
Quote:
The woman who shouted "McCain in '08" at the Democratic rules committee was speaking for a multitude. After mounting for months, female anger over the choreographed dumping on Hillary Clinton and her supporters has exploded -- and party loyalty be damned. That the women are beginning to have a good time is an especially bad sign for Barack Obama's campaign.

"Obama will NOT get my vote, and one step more," Ellen Thorp, a 59-year-old flight attendant from Houston told me. "I have been a Democrat for 38 years. As of today, I am registering as an independent. Yee Haw!"

A new Pew Research Center poll points to a surging tide of fury, especially among white women. As recently as April, this group preferred Obama over the presumptive Republican John McCain by three percentage points. By May, McCain enjoyed an eight-point lead among white women.
Ah the politics of the victim, tearing apart the party of the victim, and nobody to blame but identifiable historically oppressed victim groups. Twelve years of Republican presidents, here we come. This is what happens when you piss off your base, and really, for no other reason than Obama is even more ambitious than Hillary.
kwlafayette

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obama has been backed into a corner here. He both must choose Hillary to heal party unity, and cannot choose Hillary because of what she has said over the course of the campaign. He has lost the female vote, regardless. This may go down as the most inept presidential campaign in History, for the Democrats anyway.
kwlafayette

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Tara Wooters, a 39-year-old mother from Portland, Ore., told me that wearing a Hillary sticker around town has become an act of defiance. She recalls one young man telling her, "I'd rather vote for a black man than a menopausal woman."
From the same real clear politics article.

Can you even imagine the level of insult that rises to? This is a voting block that has been faithful to the Democratic party for decades, and now they get treated like this? This is as bad as that racist tirade directed against Bob Rae's wife at the leadership convention. It makes it impossible for American Democrat women to continue voting the way they traditionally have voted. How did it come to this, did no one in the Democratic brain trust see this coming? After this, I doubt they even have a brain trust. How could they let this happen?

All these years, did you once suspect it was not Rove who was good, but the Democrats who were that bad?

PS. It just occurred to me, this is as bad as the CF-18 maintenance being moved to Quebec. We all know how that ended for the old PC party.

PPS. This is the symbolic straw that breaks the camel's back. I think we are witnessing 1993 and the old PC party, except it is today and the Democrats; this is the permanent fracturing of the Democratic coalition.

Last edited by kwlafayette on Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:03 am; edited 2 times in total
Sheila

votes: 16

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard on the news this morning that Barrack Obama will ask Hillary Clinton to be his Vice President, but only if she refuses. :lol:
Big Tuna

votes: 6

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely Wesley Clark. He would be a great pick.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  

Jump to: