Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sheila

votes: 16

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kwlafayette wrote:
It is called arguing beside the point. Whether or not Christians are bad has nothing to do with whether or not Muslims are extremist. The point you are trying to make is irrelevant to the topic at hand.

PS. If you don't like going off on tangents, then the only proper response is to ignore the poster trying to draw you away from the topic. Otherwise, you deserve what you end up with. Stop replying, or it won't stop.

This has nothing to do with whether Christians are bad or not. This is a fine example of extremism in religion. A Christian councilling another Christian against doing the right thing and apologizing to GC. I am so glad that PM Harper is not a religious man. At least I know that he will do the right thing. Pride is one of the seven deadly sins.
Cool Blue

votes: 10

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper is a rather religious man actually. He attends church every Sunday (he's our first Evangelical PM).
Sheila

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool Blue wrote:
Harper is a rather religious man actually. He attends church every Sunday (he's our first Evangelical PM).

Prove it!
And since you were the one that demanded that I apologize for GC, maybe you should get off your high horse and apologize to GC.
Cool Blue

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll try to find a reference but I recall reading an article in the Ottawa Citizen about the church that he attends there.

It's actually not a big secret.

One thing you can check out is the book "The Pilgrimage of Stephen Harper".
Cool Blue

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
maybe you should get off your high horse and apologize to GC.

For what?

I sense you have a lot of anger issues...
Cool Blue

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Harper, a Presbyterian by background, finds himself spiritually "at home" in Christian and Missionary Alliance congregations in Calgary and Ottawa. Those who know him attest that he listens carefully to what his pastors and some Christian mentors have to say and finds strength in his understanding of the Gospel he hears. And that helps to inform his faith.

Both Harper and Martin could be categorized as "customizing" Christians.

One Sunday, I happened to attend at the Harper home church, an east end international congregation in Ottawa.

The Harper children, Benjamin and Rachel, were very active in that particular worship service.

That Sunday, Benjamin and Rachel, along with a couple of dozen other youngsters were carrying armfuls of shoeboxes from the back of the church to the altar area so that the minister could dedicate them to God before dispatching them to the Ottawa Airport.

Customizing Christians attend church fairly regularly, but not because their feel they need to. They listen pretty carefully to their pastors, but they do not necessarily take their word as ultimate truth.

Positively stated, they are critical thinkers. They appreciate what the pastor has to say, but they use the minds God gave them as well.

Harper, from that perspective, should not be considered "scary." His faith, grounded as it is in a thoughtful, reflective and respectful approach to the Christian Gospel, enhances his ability and that of his party's to approach issues in both a moral and an ethical framework.

People who try to detract from Harper's—or Martin's—faiths are doing no justice to the political process.

http://www.christianity.ca/Net.....srcid=2003
Sheila

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool Blue wrote:

You've only proved that he does not attend church every Sunday.
And I love the definition of a Customizing Christian. :lol:

Last edited by Sheila on Tue May 06, 2008 10:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Sheila

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool Blue wrote:
Quote:
The passage is Luke 19:27

The exact quote (depending on the version) is:

"But these enemies of mine, who did not want me to reign over them, bring them here and slay them in my presence"

Ah, if you read the Bible, Jesus didn't actually say that.

The quote is taken from a parable that Jesus was telling which was about a king.

It was the King in that parable which said the quote.

Jesus was talking about himself, please do the right thing and admit it.
FascistLibertarian

votes: 14

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some muslims are extremists of course.
The difference between the two points of views here is that Shelia and I see it as a problem with attitudes and values, which need changing, among people who happen to be Muslim.

Craig etc all see Islam as the issue, and whenever Muslims are involved in things they would much rather make broad general points than look at the specific instance of the situation.

Are you going to blame Israel and Jews for the wacko (whose actions many jews supported) who oppened fire on unarmed muslims or are you going to blame the actions of that individual?

Also, no one is disputing that there is an issue of islamic extremisism, but the way that a lot of peoplewant to deal with this issue is by closing borders to muslims, sterotyping and profiling them, blocking muslim immigrantion to canada, and bashing islam and those who practise it.

If you want to have a talk about the nature of islam and its effects and affects on people, that is fine.
If you want to talk about the actions of muslims in speicifc situations that is fine.
If you want to talk about why political islam is a danger in other parts of the world, or argue it is a danger in Canada (which I dont beleive for a second myself;)) that is also fine

But the arguement that Islam causes extremists fails when you realise that the fast majority of muslims are not extremists and do want to live in peace.
Sheila

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool Blue wrote:
A simple mistake, just like how you mistakenly claimed that Jesus called for the killing of non-Christians and have yet to retract it.

:lol:

Last edited by Sheila on Tue May 06, 2008 10:50 am; edited 1 time in total
FascistLibertarian

votes: 14

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is something like the following "islam" or is it a wacko individual?

Quote:
WAS NOT MUHAMMAD (PBUH) COMMANDED BY ALLAH (SWAT) TO GROW THE BEARD LONG & TRIM THE MUSTACHE!!!!!!

THIS IS AN AUTHENTIC HADITH & SIMILAR SUNNAH EXIST IN SAHIH BOOKS WHICH ARE ALSO AUTHENTIC!!!!!!!!!!!

DID NOT MUHAMMAD (PBUH) TELL THE THE COMPANIONS THAT HE WHO KEEPS ARE BEARD HAS IMAAN!!!!!!!!!!

So if a Muslim is forced to keep a Beard then there is no harm in it because it is Good for that individual! Better still one who keeps a beard encourages others to keep one else like a Chain reaction! Those who don't, well they seem to me not to be bothered About Allah's Way, Muhammads Sunnah & they actively encourage for others no to keep beards also & So I CURSE that individual Muslim!!!!

SHOULD YOU BE FORCED TO KEEP A BEARD?

To a Muslim does it matter? If he Keeps a beard Allah will be happy with him!!! Rasullallah will Pray for him!!! Muslim's will respect him!!! Kafirs will consider him Pious and Saintly Looking!!!

THOSE WHO SHAVE THEIR BEARDS AND GROW THEIR MUSTACHES ARE STUPID PATHETIC JEAHL UNISLAMIC FAITHLESS IGNORANT HATED BY ALLAHS FAITHFUL CREATERRS AND SOME TALIBAN LIKE INDIVIDUALS SHOULD PUBLICALLY WHIP THEIR ARSES INTO THE NEXT KINGDOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh Stupid Muslims who shave their Beards, You are Ugly Homosexual looking Idiots!!! It is time to change and Love what Allah Loves!! Keep your Beard Long and don't Imitate these Kafirs otherwise in the hereafter you will be alongside them, & this is the Truth because Islam says so!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IT IS TIME TO QUIT THE KAFIR MODE AND WAKE UP AND SMELL THE COFFEE OF ISLAM AND ALLAH AND MUHAMMAD AND HIS CLOSE FAMILY AND HIS RIGHTEOUS SAHABA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IF YOU ARE FOLLOWING KAFIRS WAY OF FASHEN THEN KNOW THIS THAT THE SHAITAAN IS PISSING ON YOU FACE IF YOU SHAVE YOUR BEARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOODBYE KAFIRS & ASLAAM ALAIKUM MUSLIMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is something like this
http://www.godhatesfags.com/
Christian or is it some wacko?
Sheila

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool Blue wrote:

And I love the definition of a Customizing Christian. :lol:
Cool Blue

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

That's your interpretation.

An interpretation which makes no sense in light of the way he lived and died.
Sheila

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool Blue wrote:
Quote:

That's your interpretation.

An interpretation which makes no sense in light of the way he lived and died.

If you have a better interpretion, I'm waiting.........................
Cool Blue

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

I wasn't out to prove that he attended church every Sunday. You challenged me to prove that he was religious and I did.

Seriously, I think you have some anger issues that need to be resolved.

I'm politely asking you to tone down the aggressiveness.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next  

Jump to: