Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stephen

votes: 5

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:37 pm    Post subject: Clinton would "obliterate" Iran... Reply with quote

...if it attacked Israel with nukes.

Quote:
Clinton further displayed tough talk in an interview airing on Good Morning America Tuesday, ABC News Chris Cuomo asked Clinton what she would do if Iran attacked Israel with nuclear weapons.

I want the Iranians to know that if Im the president we will attack Iran, Clinton said. In the next ten years, during which they might foolishly consider launching an attack on Israel, we would be able to totally obliterate them.

link
donmuntean

Reputation: 9.7Reputation: 9.7Reputation: 9.7Reputation: 9.7Reputation: 9.7Reputation: 9.7Reputation: 9.7Reputation: 9.7Reputation: 9.7
votes: 4

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Clinton would "obliterate" Iran... Reply with quote

Stephen wrote:
...if it attacked Israel with nukes.

Quote:
Clinton further displayed tough talk in an interview airing on Good Morning America Tuesday, ABC News Chris Cuomo asked Clinton what she would do if Iran attacked Israel with nuclear weapons.

I want the Iranians to know that if Im the president we will attack Iran, Clinton said. In the next ten years, during which they might foolishly consider launching an attack on Israel, we would be able to totally obliterate them.

link

Of course her plan is an after the fact kind of plan!

I think if attacked with nukes - Israel herself could counter-nuke Iran - we would not need America for that.

What we need is for America and others to seriously check Iran from advancing any further in it's nuclear capability.

The catch 22 here though is that there is a fear that any preemptive strike on Iran would draw Russia and China into a new conflict. There is also the fact that the global isalmist movement are orbiting iran and it's current leaders.

Sanctions do not induce change. While they're supposed to pressure the average citizen into inducing change - usually it makes the 'us and them' problem worse by galvanizing another kind of nationalism in the target nation - it also gives the target nation time to prepare an attack.

Without a doubt sanctions have their place - but not in these circumstances.

I don't believe one word Clinton speaks - when it comes to Israel it's all so much double speak...
Riley W

Reputation: 35.5Reputation: 35.5Reputation: 35.5Reputation: 35.5
votes: 10

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

omg...thats HUGE.

Can we assume after this interview airs tomorrow morning this will explode in the media?
Craig
Site Admin

Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8
votes: 36

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If George had made that statement the left would be highly critical. But since it was one of their own you can bet they will be supportive. I'm getting so sick of partisanship.
Mac

votes: 35

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craig wrote:
If George had made that statement the left would be highly critical. But since it was one of their own you can bet they will be supportive. I'm getting so sick of partisanship.

Ditto on all three counts.

Knowing how the Clintons operate, I doubt they would have the intestinal fortitude to follow through, unless Iran was so blatant that even the UN condemned them.

-Mac
FF_Canuck

votes: 17

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not that bad, as far as official policy goes. A new MAD for a new world - but yes, Bush, or McCain, would have been roasted for suggesting the policy first.

Jump to: