Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TorontoCon

votes: 5

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:43 pm    Post subject: Liberals "WARNED" by Muslim community... Reply with quote

http://www.thestar.com/News/Canada/article/415253

Interesting.... Sorry to start a new thread on this but I couldn't find the other thread stating that Liberals are going to have to choose between Muslims and.... just couldn't find it...
Mac

votes: 35

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the professor figures immigrants will dump the Liberals for the NDP? I guess the thought never entered his leftist mind that immigrants might choose to go Conservative?

-Mac
TorontoCon

votes: 5

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only if they sell the immigration reforms the right way.

Right now their "gripe" and "threats" towards the liberal party is the fact they won't vote against the IMMIGRATION reforms in the budget bill.

The "right" immigrants will vote conservative. The immigrants coming here for a free ticket to life might not......

Side note: did you know that a scam by some immigrants (i know some from the phillipines...and is how I found out about this scam...) is to LIE about their age so that they can retire earlier and get their "old age" and Canada pensions? Some lie by as much as 10 years!
SFrank85

votes: 4

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TorontoCon wrote:
Only if they sell the immigration reforms the right way.

Right now their "gripe" and "threats" towards the liberal party is the fact they won't vote against the IMMIGRATION reforms in the budget bill.

The "right" immigrants will vote conservative. The immigrants coming here for a free ticket to life might not......

Side note: did you know that a scam by some immigrants (i know some from the phillipines...and is how I found out about this scam...) is to LIE about their age so that they can retire earlier and get their "old age" and Canada pensions? Some lie by as much as 10 years!

Thatís just the tip of the iceberg. The healthcare system gets scammed all the time by immigrants bringing family and friends who milk the health system with no Health Cards. And when the hospital tracks them down, they are gone!!!
Craig
Site Admin

Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8
votes: 36

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, and these immigration changes will help the health care system by allowing doctors to be fast tracked.
Cool Blue

votes: 10

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I the only one who is concerned that Canadian CITIZENS are threatening to base their vote on an issue that benefits NON-CITIZENS?

Citizens should base their vote on what they think is best for OUR COUNTRY, not what is best non-Canadians.
kwlafayette

votes: 28

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"No servant can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon." Luke 16:13

These people have never really left the old country.
palomino_pony

votes: 3

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool Blue wrote:
Am I the only one who is concerned that Canadian CITIZENS are threatening to base their vote on an issue that benefits NON-CITIZENS?

Citizens should base their vote on what they think is best for OUR COUNTRY, not what is best non-Canadians.

You are not the only one who thinks this way. Thanks for stating this so clearly.
kwlafayette

votes: 28

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really, it seems like an empty threat. If they don't vote Liberal, do you see them voting for Svend Robinson? The CPC? All they would do is trade influence over the Liberal party for nothing.
Craig
Site Admin

Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8
votes: 36

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kwlafayette wrote:
Really, it seems like an empty threat. If they don't vote Liberal, do you see them voting for Svend Robinson? The CPC? All they would do is trade influence over the Liberal party for nothing.

This is the Liberal Party we are talking about. They would eat dog feces if it would garner them an extra vote. The mere threat of losing the Muslim vote, no matter how empty it is, will cause them all to lose sleep.

Jump to: