Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page 1, 2  Next  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kwlafayette

votes: 28

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:01 am    Post subject: Armed body guards for people who advocate handgun bans. Reply with quote

Is it right that a person with full time police protection, or the money to hire people with guns, should be allowed to keep it while simultaneously disarming the rest of us? Just pondering things and the question occurred to me.
kwlafayette

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No takers? Was the question not clear enough?
plantguy

votes: 1

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wasn't interesting
crazymamma

votes: 14

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What can I say K?

It is all part of the hypocrisy of the left. Don't do as I do, do as I say.

These folks feel safe with the guns around but don't have to worry about dirtying their own hands because they can afford, or position allows for it.

Its all what sounds good, but no substance.
Cool Blue

votes: 10

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who do you have in mind? Rosie O'Donnel?

The mayor of Toronto?
kwlafayette

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did not have anyone in particular in mind. It jut occurred to me that a lot of rich, privileged people advocate gun control while having access to a level of personal protction that is impossible for the rest of th population. Alan Rock comes to mind, as an MP, he had more protection available to him than the average person would, so passing anti-gun legislation does not really affect the security of his family.
Cool Blue

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep.

A lot of these anti-gun people say that only police and security should have guns...meaning the rich that can afford security guards can have guns, but the poor, who are more likely to be victims of crime, can't have guns to protect themselves.

Universal health care isn't the great equalizer between the rich and poor...it's firearms.
Cool Blue

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You heard about the episode of the Ellen Degeneris show where Tom Selleck pwned Rosie O'Donnel over gun control eh?
kwlafayette

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I did not. Ellen Degeneris and Rosie O'Donnell are still alive? Ellen has a show? How did I miss that?
casper35

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is not just in gun bans that progressives show their elitism but crime in general. They advocated against strong sentencing. So our legal system now gives sentences that are relatively light, even to career criminals. When these poor and misunderstood criminals are released they then go back to their homes in the inner city and reserves...far away from the safe suburbs and gated communities where the progressives live. So as the crusaders for social justice are safely cocooned in their homes, their "root cause challenged" criminals are victimizing the poor.
Cool Blue

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
No, I did not. Ellen Degeneris and Rosie O'Donnell are still alive? Ellen has a show? How did I miss that?

This was a few years ago but basically Rosie was laying into Tom Selleck (a republican) over gun control saying that nobody needs guns nowadays.

Selleck was like, "Didn't I just see your bodyguards backstage who were carrying guns?"
kwlafayette

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel that a lot of Americans simply do not understand their own constitution. The founding fathers were not big on hunting and target shooting; the founding fathers saw that power inevitably turns a government towards tyranny. The right to bear arms is also a responsibility to be the final and ultimate defender of the US constitution, for US citizens. It is a responsibility to rebel, and restore liberty should the need arise.

Unfortunately, we had no such visionaries when our constitution was drafted.
Mac

votes: 35

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kwlafayette wrote:

Sad but true.

-Mac
donmuntean

Reputation: 9.7Reputation: 9.7Reputation: 9.7Reputation: 9.7Reputation: 9.7Reputation: 9.7Reputation: 9.7Reputation: 9.7Reputation: 9.7
votes: 4

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kwlafayette wrote:
I feel that a lot of Americans simply do not understand their own constitution. The founding fathers were not big on hunting and target shooting; the founding fathers saw that power inevitably turns a government towards tyranny. The right to bear arms is also a responsibility to be the final and ultimate defender of the US constitution, for US citizens. It is a responsibility to rebel, and restore liberty should the need arise.

I think in the least hand guns should be banned - there are too many idiots. Also I feel uncomfortable with "The right to bear arms is also a responsibility to be the final and ultimate defender of the US constitution, for US citizens. It is a responsibility to rebel, and restore liberty should the need arise." - That sounds like you're advocating the use of guns to fight that state that may one day encroach too far on our rights? What are you saying?
Mac

votes: 35

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

donmuntean wrote:
What are you saying?

It sounds to me like he's suggesting skepticism towards government on the part of citizens is a good thing... along with the ability to defend oneself and one's family against that government should such be necessary.

Remember that the US was born in the fire of revolution, violently rejecting Britain's unfair taxation policies and autocratic demands. As a result, their constitution reflects a desire to restrict the power of governments and to protect the rights of citizens. By contrast, our Constitution was written by a Communist who wanted citizens to voluntarily give up their rights and allow governments to be the guiding force of their daily lives.

While anti-gun advocates argue that guns shouldn't play a role in the relationship between governments and citizens, keep firmly in mind the fact that governments have armed forces, police and other armed forces. If the government is supposed to be OUR servant, why are they so determined to remove guns from citizens?

By the way, for those who believe the government would be satisfied with a handgun ban, ask yourself why they decided they needed a long-arm registry?

-Mac

Goto page 1, 2  Next  

Jump to: