Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Louise M.

votes: 1

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:53 pm    Post subject: What is happening at the Globe and Mail? Reply with quote

I was surprised to find 2 Conservative friendly articles in the G&M.

This one from yesterday regarding the Brenda Martin case:
http://www.theglobeandmail.com.....onal/home/

And this one today on the settlement of land claims:
http://www.theglobeandmail.com.....ional/home

I found that Liberal supporters were rather absent in the comments section of both articles.

Is the G&M making a slight right turn or merely trying to increase its circulation? Whatever it is I found it rather refreshing.
Craig
Site Admin

Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8
votes: 36

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe their Jewish editor is waking up to the threat of Islam and no longer wants to support the Dhimmi Party of Canada.
FF_Canuck

votes: 17

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Louise M. wrote:

I found that one particularily interesting. Her case is becoming less and less sympathetic as we learn more.
Cool Blue

votes: 10

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're being taken over by the Ontario Teacher's Pension Plan and don't want to appear too biased now. ha!
mrsocko

votes: 8

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I found that one particularily interesting. Her case is becoming less and less sympathetic as we learn more.

How does it make her less sympathetic? If I were in prison and had done nothing to deserve it I would be rude and beligerent also. When you said her case was becoming less sympathetic I thought it was because the article might mention that there was some validity to the Mexican governments case against her. There is no case as far I I've read. This is a travesty pure and simple and I will never set foot in Mexico again because of it (plus I developed a horrible case of Montezuma's revenge when I was there).
FF_Canuck

votes: 17

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pressuring for more help is one thing. Lying about, and often rejecting the offers of people trying to help you is childish and petulant. The appropriate government actions are being taken and have been since the beginning - she can blame the Mexican government and her former employer for what's happened, but Canada is not at fault for what has happened.
kwlafayette

votes: 28

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craig wrote:
Maybe their Jewish editor is waking up to the threat of Islam and no longer wants to support the Dhimmi Party of Canada.
There is only one Dhimmi Party of Canada?
mrsocko

votes: 8

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Pressuring for more help is one thing. Lying about, and often rejecting the offers of people trying to help you is childish and petulant. The appropriate government actions are being taken and have been since the beginning - she can blame the Mexican government and her former employer for what's happened, but Canada is not at fault for what has happened.

After 2 years in a stinking Mexican jail i would be lying, childish, petulant, vindictive, depressed, insane, suicidal et al. I think she is handling the situation as well as can be expected.

If part of her plan to get out of jail is to make the current Federal government look bad well so be it. Desperate times call for desperate measures. I still feel bad for her.
Sheila

votes: 16

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FF_Canuck wrote:
Louise M. wrote:

Very true, FFCanuck. Now the liberals and Brenda Martin are incensed that because of this article, it is now an invasion of her privacy. All I can say is she is the one who was crying to the media saying the government wasn't helping her at all. All the government did was defend itself. Was it really an invasion of her privacy?
Ardvark

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the tip on the land claims, I would have missed it otherwise, what with all the media coverage there was out there on this good news story. :roll:

A question for you great legal minds out there. If there was indeed a violation of Ms. Martin's privacy rights, who did the violating?

The person who 'leaked' the document, or those that distributed the information to the world? < and continue to do so even after the questions about privacy have been raised.

With each set of eyes that sees that 'private information' the violation continues. The 'leaker' showed it only to one set of eyes, but from there......
Sheila

votes: 16

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes the media still continues to run this story, so are they violating Brenda Martin's privacy, good question. But was it really leaked? Or was this information available to reporters through FOIP (freedom of information)? Maybe this information is available to those who ask for it.
I heard on CTV today that Brenda Martin said that she refused to see government officials because "they weren't very nice to me". When she started complaining about the government doing nothing for her, I bet some reporter went through FOIP to find out the truth. Now if this story were to die down for awhile, Brenda would be out of jail in a few months. The Mexican government does not want to appear like it is being pressured.

Jump to: